Monday, August 5, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 4 - Aug 10)

I skipped another week because last week was another weird week around here.  We had my mom in for a few days and then Adrian left from Wednesday until Sunday for his trip to Indy for his 50th birthday.  I did cook the first few days of the week, went out two of the nights and then ate leftovers and things in the freezer to try to use some of those things up.  I was also off my diet for the week so there wasn't a lot of planning going into my meals, just eating whatever I felt like eating.

This week I'm getting back to healthy eating and somewhat back to our schedule.  We still have one more week before school starts, but I want to try to regain some control over our schedule this week so we're better prepared for next week.  I'm hoping to start getting the boys to bed a little earlier this week and also get back to reading every night before bed, we really slacked on that this summer!  For food there will be a lot of fruits and vegetables this week, as well as whatever meat we have in the freezer.  I'm still trying to do minimal food shopping, hopefully for the rest of this month.

We have a ton of veggies to use up since Adrian wasn't here last week and I didn't really use up that many veggies.  I'll be using a ton of zucchini this week in recipes as well as lots of corn and kale for sides.  It's not as bad as it's been, but I still want to stay on top of it because there is more coming this weekend.  In addition to the veggies that I'm using for dinner, we have peaches, plums and watermelon from our CSA that I will be snacking on all week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers for me, Adrian eating out on his way home from Indy
Monday - Turkey Soup and Cabbage Salad
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Shrimp and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini and Corn on the Cob
Thursday - Pasta with Scallops, Zucchini & Tomatoes
Friday - Fiesta Stuffed Peppers with Roasted Kale
Saturday - Leftovers or frozen apps after being out all day

Water Flavor - Cucumber, with a cucumber from our CSA.  Since Adrian won't eat them, I have a bunch of them so I cut one up for my water.  I'll add spearmint essential oil to it for a very refreshing summer drink.

Overnight Oats - I made some of these last week with berry flavored yogurt and didn't finish them.  I'll eat what is leftover and then probably have protein bars the rest of the week to keep it simple.  I'll get back to eating these everyday next week when we're back to school.

Use it Up - Once again, I'm focusing on using up all of my veggies before they go bad.  I'm also finishing up some leftover turkey from last week in the soup tomorrow.  All of the meat, except the seafood, is already in our freezer so I have very little shopping to do this week.  My lunches will also focus on using things up that I already have.

Lunches - My lunches this week will be leftover cabbage salad, eggplant salad and eggplant parm from last week.  If I eat all of that and still need more, I have a few heads of Romaine lettuce that I need to use up too.  It will pretty much be salads all week long for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment