Sunday, August 25, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 25 - Aug 31)

Last week flew by, it's exhausting to get back on a schedule!  It was the boys' first full week of school and Zak also started soccer.  I did a pretty good job of sticking to my meal plan until Saturday when Adrian and I decided we'd rather buy dinner from the food trucks at the event we went to instead of cooking.  We enjoyed delicious street tacos for dinner that night!  Other than that, I made everything that I planned on making and it was all delicious.  I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping up with the veggies coming in from the CSA and this week I should use up pretty everything I have since most of my delivery was fruit.  We got yellow watermelon this week & it is so sweet & yummy!!  I'm hoping to get another one next week too.
This week is another busy one with events every night this week again.  I'm not really subbing in the schools yet so I do have some time during the day to do some food prep which is nice.  But I'm hoping that will pick up very soon because I want to be working and subbing.  Most of my meals this week were planned around the veggies I already have, specifically a head of cabbage and a bunch of peppers.  I also bumped our breakfast plan to this Saturday.  We'll be at a birthday party during the day so I'm not sure what time we'll get home.  This will be a very easy meal to have between the party and family movie night that day.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Pasta
Monday - Thai Chicken Salad and Corn on the Cob
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Shrimp Fajitas for the adults
Wednesday - Unstuffed Cabbage (much easier than stuffed cabbage!)
Thursday - Stuffed Pepper Casserole (much easier than stuffed peppers!)
Friday - Kielbasa & Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans
Saturday - Breakfast for dinner, including scrambled eggs, sausage & skillet potatoes

Water Flavor - Apple.  I'm still working my way thru the bad bag of apples that we got.

Overnight Oats - I got two berry & chai flavored yogurts very cheap last week so I'll be using them to make oats for this week.  I also cleaned out the pantry last week and found protein powder so I'm going to make protein shakes a few days this week to use that up.  I may not eat all of the oats this week.

Use It Up - As I already mentioned, cabbage & peppers for sure.  I'm also going to use up the protein powder I found in the pantry for breakfasts.  And I'm using meat that I have in the deep freeze for all of our meals this week so I don't have to buy any.

Lunches - I'm making roasted eggplant salad with eggplant and tomatoes from the CSA.  I'll also throw in chick peas, fresh mozzarella, avocado and balsamic vinaigrette.  It's delicious and healthy and super easy to eat on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment