Monday, September 2, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 1 - Sept 7)

Unfortunately, I didn't do a great job of sticking to my meal plan last week.  I just ran out of steam about half way thru the week and didn't feel like cooking.  It was a very emotionally draining week for me with lots of highs and lows so I know that contributed to it.  I did make five of the seven planned meals last week so that's not horrible.  The other two meals we ate frozen appetizers one night and then went out for burritos the other night.  I'm still calling the week a win even if we did veer from our plan.  Also, I was really feeling this meme last week.
But now I need to get back on track, not only following my plan but also eating healthy.  I did OK over the summer but there was a lot of up and down and that is reflected on the scale.  Our CSA is starting to slow down a little with things that need to be eaten immediately, we're starting to get a few squash now and they will keep for weeks.  So my focus is on the veggies that need to be eaten right now as well as continuing to empty out the deep freeze in the basement.

This week is crazy busy with a holiday on Monday, Adrian gone Thursday & Friday nights, me gone Saturday night and something going on every night this week.  I'm really hoping I can stick to my plan this week because I need to create some leftovers early in the week or we won't have anything to eat later in the week.  I also need to use up the veggies we have or they won't make it another week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Frozen appetizers (again)
Monday - Grilled Steak, Roasted Potatoes & Corn on the Cob
Tuesday - Stuffed Pepper Casserole (carryover from last week)
Wednesday - Kielbasa & Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans (carryover from last week)
Thursday - Honey Teriyaki Drumsticks and Green Bean Salad
Friday - Eggplant Parmesan
Saturday - I'm going out to dinner with friends, Adrian and the boys will have pasta at home

Water Flavor - Apple.  I'm still working on the bag of apples that wasn't very good.  The water tastes fine with them so I'll keep using them.  I have one more apple to use up after this week, yay!

Overnight Oats - I don't need to make these this week because I have a bunch that I made last week and didn't eat.  I'm also planning on using up the protein shakes that I have in the pantry for breakfasts a few days this week.

Use it Up - I'm focusing on fruits and veggies again.  Also we have a ton of drumsticks in the freezer so I'll be using those once a week for the next few weeks.  And I'm focusing on the protein shake powder that I have in the pantry and the premade shakes I have in the garage for my breakfasts.

Lunches - I'll have eggplant salad for the start of the week and probably normal green salads for the end of the week.  I still have some romaine that I need to use up.  And I think I have a bag of coleslaw that I have to use so I may try to use that at some point this week for either lunches or a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment