Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/21 - 6/27)

Friday (6/21) One last early morning today, although everyone got up a little easier after an early bedtime last night and a great night of sleep.  Adrian got ready and headed to work and I got Daniel ready for his last day of camp.  His friend picked him up and drove him to camp while Zak and I hung out at home.  I got a few things done around the house while Zak played.  After a quick, early lunch, we headed out to OSU Newark for the celebration for the end of the week of camp.  Daniel had a delicious lunch of pasta, garlic bread and cookies, and then he received a certificate, picture with Brutus, water bottle and pennant from OSU.  He really enjoyed this camp and learned a lot this week from the college professors and students.
After the ceremony, we headed to Family Video so the kids could use some of their free rentals, then we headed home for the afternoon.  I got dinner together and ate early so I could head across town to go to a Zumba jam session.  It was 3 different jammers working together to choreograph 4 songs and it was awesome!!  They did a great job of picking different rhythms and came up with easy but fun choreo.  I can't wait to add all four songs to my classes!!  It was different to have a Friday night jam but I think I preferred it to a Sat afternoon after I teach.  The only downside was fighting traffic to get there, but sometimes I need to deal with that on the weekends too.  When I got home from the jam, Adrian had cleaned up from dinner and had Pandemic Legacy set up and ready for us to play.  We have fallen behind so we did our April mission and won again!  We're enjoying this game and are really hoping to get caught up this summer.  When we finished the game, I had another quick snack, finished my wine and headed to bed for the night.  It was a great but exhausting Friday!!
Saturday (6/22) After a late night I got to sleep in a little, but not too much since I had to get up to teach Zumba this morning.  We had a super small class this morning, but we still had fun and it felt good to move since I was a little sore after last night's jam.  After class I came home and started working on things around the house while the boys played.  Adrian took Zak to his basketball this afternoon and he played great!!  He had a bunch of rebounds, made a basket and hustled the whole game.  He's really enjoying both basketball and soccer, he's going to alternate doing those sports for now.

Around 3:30 this afternoon, AJ arrived back from his week long Scout camp.  He said he had a fun time but there were also some things he didn't like about it.  He said he missed us and was happy to be home.  But he also said he was glad he went, he's excited about his first merit badge in electronics and he's almost earned his geocaching merit badge as well.  I didn't have a lot of time to hear his stories because I left to meet my friends for a girls night out nearly a year in the making.  We went to see The Mix Tape concert with NKOTB, Salt n Peppa, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson & Naughty by Nature.

I met up with three girlfriends and we started our night with drinks and dinner at Cooper's Hawk.  We had a fun time there and the food was delicious as always.  I finally tried their risotto and it did not disappoint.  After dinner, we headed down to Ohio State campus for the concert.  We got there pretty early so we got a quick drink at one of the bars and enjoyed the people watching before the show.  Then it was finally time for the music.  The show was so good!!  I loved every minute of it.  NKOTB are great performers and really keep the crowd engaged the whole time.  It was a fun time reliving my youth, so many songs brought back so many memories.  It was close to 3 hours of fantastic fun, music and dancing.  After the show, we came home sweaty and exhausted.  I dropped the other girls off and headed home to catch up with Adrian for a little bit before we headed to bed as well.  I've been out late the past two nights - party girl!!
Sunday (6/23) I slept great last night but I was dragging this morning.  Zak woke me up a little earlier than I would have liked to get up, but that's OK.  We had a relaxing morning, listening to AJ tell us about camp over our coffee.  Then we all got ready and headed to church together as a family.  It was an amazing service filled with great music, 3 baptisms and a great sermon.  After church, we came home and got to work on finishing our to do lists.  We made great progress all afternoon while the boys played.  Daniel headed to a friend's house to play for a few hours late in the afternoon and Nick and I had another very successful training session.
After we all got home, we had a delicious dinner together, steak and veggies for Adrian and I and pizza for the boys.  When we cleaned up from dinner, we had a family board game night playing a few of the new games Adrian got last week.  We played Potion Explosion as a family, which was a great game but for some reason it took us forever to play and we all had moments where we lost interest.  After that we decided to put the boys to bed and play The Neworks just the adults.  It's a clever game but a little boring so we decided to put it up for sale before Adrian goes to GenCon.  After we finished playing, we had a small snack, watched a comedy and headed to bed for the night.
Monday (6/24) We all slept in today since we didn't have anything on our schedule for the morning.  AJ really needed the sleep after the past week at camp.  When we all got up and moving, we had a pretty lazy afternoon together.  The boys played together while I worked around the house until it was time to get ready for our evening activities.  AJ had a late afternoon dentist appointment so we all headed there together.  He did great and has no cavities!  Then we headed to Easton together for the boys first day of coding camp at the Microsoft store.  They learned how to code a robot to move, talk and even have a rap battle.  They loved the camp and can't wait to go back tomorrow.  I dropped them off there and then headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  Adrian picked the boys up after work and when we all got home, we settled down for a family movie night to watch "Hotel Transylvania."  We are trying to watch the first 2 before the third one is at Zoombeezi Bay next week.  We all really enjoyed the movie, it was a cute story and very funny.  We're excited for the second part!  After the movie, it was late so we got the boys to bed, did a little cleaning up and headed to bed.
Tuesday (6/25) The adults got up and moving today while the kids all slept in again.  Adrian got up and headed to work and I got up soon after him to get ready to head to the Harcum Center.  I taught my two Silver Sneakers classes and then came home to have a quick lunch with the boys before we met friends at the Y for a few hours of swimming.  We had a fun time playing in the deep end of the outside pool, it was a beautiful day!  We finished up swimming and got dressed to head to the second day of Microsoft coding camp.

Since we got to Easton a little early, we ran to Cheryl's to pick up our free cookies for good grades before heading into the Microsoft store for coding camp.  The boys had a great time programming their Robots to talk to each other and presenting them to the class.  This was a great camp and we will definitely do it again in the future!  After camp, we came home and had a late dinner together.  Adrian had to work late but got home in time to have dinner with us.  After dinner, we were pretty exhausted from our busy day so the boys played for a bit while Adrian and I cleaned up.  Then we got the boys to bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.
Wednesday (6/26) Adrian got up early and headed out to work for the day while the rest of us slept in.  We are loving summer break!  We had a lazy morning at home and then headed out to a new to us park called Sunpointe Park in Gahanna.  It has a Blue Jackets theme and a ton of cool equipment.  We met a few friends from church there and we all had a great time.  The kids played together on the park and the adults chatted in the shade.  We spent about 2 hours there and then headed to the library to pick up a few items we had on hold.  After that we headed home and I dropped off AJ and Zak there and took Daniel to his dentist appointment.
Daniel did great at his dentist appointment and we are thrilled to report that all five of us made it thru this 6 month check up with no cavities!  I can't remember the last time that happened.  After the dentist, we headed home and I got dinner together for everyone.  Adrian had Bible study tonight so he worked late and then headed there so we were on our own for the night.  We had dinner together and then the boys played video games while I cleaned up and did a few things around the house.  Adrian got home in time to help get the boys to bed.  Then we got our snacks, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.

Thursday (6/27) Adrian got up early again and headed to work this morning.  I got up soon after and got ready and headed to Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After two awesome classes, I headed home to have a quick lunch with the boys before we all headed downtown to the movies for the afternoon.  We saw "Matilda" at the Gateway Film Center for part of their book to film series this summer.  It was such a cute movie, we all really enjoyed it!  After the movie we headed home for a quick dinner before I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class tonight.  We had a great class and when I got home Adrian was home after a long day at work.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed.  Then we finished cleaning up, got our snacks and watched a few comedies from our DVR before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment