Friday, July 5, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/28 - 7/4)

Friday (6/28) Adrian and I got up and moving early this morning while the boys all slept in.  Adrian got up and went to work while I had an early doctor's appointment for my annual physical.  She said everything looks good right now, just waiting on blood work and a few other normal tests to make sure all is good for another year.  When I got home, the boys wanted to watch "Toy Story 3" so we did that this morning.  We all loved it and I cried like I always do at the end.  We're so excited to see "Toy Story 4" this weekend and I'm so glad we made the time to watch the other three again this week.

After the movie, the boys played some video games while I got a few things done around the house.  Our plan was to head to Zoombeezi Bay tonight but Adrian couldn't go and I knew it would be super crowded and hard to do alone so I bribed the boys with extra video game time to stay home instead.  We ran a few errands this afternoon, including getting junk food for the drive in and free pizza for dinner.  When we were done, we went to a local park, Blendon Woods, to play at their natural play area for a while.  We had fun hiking around, playing on the equipment and riding the zip line swing.  It was super hot and muddy though so we only stayed just over an hour before heading out.
When we got home, the boys got their extra video game time while Adrian and I cleaned up the kitchen.  We all had dinner, pizza for the boys and shrimp salad for the adults.  Then we settled in for family movie night watching "Jurassic Park."  We were supposed to watch it outside on the big screen at Zoombeezi Bay tonight but we decided to watch it from the comfort of our couches instead.  Zak thought it was boring, which I knew was going to happen.  Daniel thought it was just OK and AJ enjoyed it but did say that there are a lot of dinosaur movies so he didn't think we needed another one.  When the movie was over, we put the boys to bed, got snacks and watched a comedy before heading to bed too.  Adrian is on call all weekend so it could be a long one!

Saturday (6/29) Today started early for me since I had to teach my Zumba class at the church.  But it was a great class with a bunch of new people and we all had a sweaty fun time!  While I was at the church, Adrian was at home on call for work all day.  He doesn't have to be online all day, but he has to be available if he's needed and needs the internet so he's really restricted on what he can do this weekend.  He is able to get a lot of stuff done around the house though so he's focusing on that while he's waiting to see if work needs him.  After a quick shower and lunch, I headed out to Zak's basketball game.  He had another great game and played really hard.  His coach rewarded him with the sportsmanship medal for his effort, good listening and hard play.
After Zak's game, I dropped him off at home and picked up AJ for his basketball game.  He also played well and his team lost a heart breaker.  When the game was over, we headed home and had dinner together as a family.  Then I headed out with Daniel and Zak to see the Pataskala fireworks tonight.  Adrian still needed to be online and AJ decided he's too cool to come with us this year.  We sat in a new place on Broad St and met some nice people next to us.  There was also a church there handing out ice cream to the kids.  It was a fun, low key way to kick off the 4th of July celebration!  When we got home, the boys had a quick snack before heading to bed for the night and then Adrian and I pretty much did the same thing.  It was a jam packed, awesome Saturday!!  Here's hoping the state can get the budget together so Adrian can leave the house tomorrow.


Sunday (6/30) Today started a little earlier than I wanted it to, but it was for a good cause.  I got up and got ready and headed into church to serve in children's ministry for the first service.  I had fun with the kids and learned a little about the 10 commandments as well.  Then I went into second service where we finished up a great series about David.  It was a great way to kick off this week!  After church, we came home and got some stuff done around the house, while the boys also played video games and board games and Adrian worked from home.

In the afternoon, Nick and I went for our fourth training session and he did really well.  We learned a few new commands and tired him out as always.  When he and I got home, Adrian and I cooked dinner and we all ate as a family before splitting up for some board games before family movie night.  Since Adrian was still working from home, we had to cancel our trip to the drive in and watch "Hotel Transylvania 2" instead.  It was really good, very funny & a good story line.  We all enjoyed it and are excited for part 3 later this week.  When the movie was over, Adrian and the boys all headed to bed and I stayed up to finish up a few things, including my wine and an episode of "Real Housewives."

Monday (7/1) We got to sleep in a little today since we didn't have a super early start to our day today.  Adrian got up and headed to work and I got up and moving shortly after him to take Nick to the vet for a follow up appointment and some booster shots.  He did a pretty good job there and we were in and out quickly.  After his appointment, I came home and did a few things and then headed to my mammogram screening and to run a few errands in the afternoon.  When I got home, I spent the rest of the afternoon getting stuff done around the house and getting dinner ready for all of us.

After dinner, we split up for the night.  I took Daniel and Zak to Zumba with me at the church.  We had an awesome Zumba Toning class where we all got a great, sweaty workout.  Then we headed to our friends' house for some ice cream, water play, trampoline fun and s'mores.  The boys had fun playing with friends and I had fun chatting with the moms.  While we were there, Adrian took AJ to his Boy Scout meeting where they worked on earning their next rank.  Then they came home and watched a movie that Adrian has wanted to watch "Private Eyes."  AJ though it was funny and pretty good.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed and then headed to bed ourselves since it was pretty late and we have a busy day tomorrow!

Tuesday (7/2) Today is the last day this week that Adrian and I have to work, yay!  We're looking forward to a 5 day weekend and some downtime together.  He got up and moving and headed into work and then I did the same and headed to Harcum to teach my two classes.  When I was done, I came home and fed the boys lunch and did a few things around the house before heading out again to meet up with some friends for lunch.  We had a great time catching up, laughing and eating together.  I'm so glad that I was able to make it work!  While I was out most of the day, the boys stayed home and enjoyed some extra video game time which they were super excited about!
When Adrian and I both got back home, we got dinner together and then started packing up to head to the drive in for the night.  We have been trying to get here for a few days and it finally worked out tonight.  We met up with friends and watched both "Toy Story 4" and "Aladdin."  It was a great experience all around!!  We loved watching the movie from our car, snacking on our own snacks and being able to move around if we needed to.  Both movies were great, I was especially impressed with "Aladdin" as the cartoon is a favorite of mine and I wasn't sure if the live version would measure up, but it did!  It was really a great family night and we can't wait to do it again!  The only downside is that we didn't get home and to bed until almost 3am so it was a very late night, but it's OK for special occasions and thankfully we have no where to be tomorrow morning.
Wednesday (7/3) We took full advantage of having no where to be and we slept in pretty late today.  The boys slept even later than Adrian and I!  Once we finally got up and moving, we headed out to Hannah Park to meet some friends from church for our weekly park play date.  The boys had a great time playing with friends and I had fun catching up with the moms.  We stayed for almost two hours before the clouds rolled in and the rain started.  Thankfully we got in the car before the heavy downpours started!  When we got home, we got a few things done around the house and the boys played.  I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon because I was so wiped out from last night!  After dinner, it was still raining so we decided to skip our plan of heading out for the Reynoldsburg fireworks and just stayed home and watched Boom on TV.  After the fireworks, we got the boys down to bed, watched an episode of "Younger" and then headed to bed too.

Thursday (7/4) Happy 4th of July!!  Zak and I were supposed to march in a parade this morning, but I accidentally turned off my alarm so we overslept.  While I'm bummed we missed the parade, it was probably better that we got the extra sleep.  So we had a lazy morning that included lots of coffee and some Krispy Kreme donuts.  Then in the afternoon, Daniel and I snuck out to the movies to see "An American Tail" since it was the free movie for the week.  We both really enjoyed it, I forgot what a tear jerker it is!
After the movie, we came home and got dinner together.  We had a nice family BBQ and enjoyed burgers, brats and hot dogs.  Then we hung out for a little bit, enjoying the cool air as long as we could, before heading out to the Gahanna golf course for their fireworks.  We have been going there the past few years and always have a great time.  We parked where we usually do and had no problem getting in or out of the golf course area.  The show was fantastic once again!!  The boys said it was epic and love how it's synced to the music that they play.  After the show, we came home and quick snacks and got everyone down for the night.  It was a great 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment