Friday, July 26, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/19 - 7/25)

Friday (7/19) Last day of camp for the boys today!!  We struggled a little to get up again but we did much better getting ready, probably because most of us skipped our shower today.  Adrian headed out to work and I dropped the boys off at Math Plus and then headed to run a few errands.  I went back about 20 minutes early to pick them up so they could show me what they learned all week.  Zak showed me the race car that he built and AJ and Daniel gave me a tour of their Minecraft house.  Once again everyone had a great time at their camps and we're glad we were able to do them.

After camp, we came home and just chilled.  The boys played video games while I worked around the house.  I got caught up on a bunch of stuff and also had some time to relax.  We were planning on heading to Zoombeezi Bay tonight but then Daniel was invited to sleep at his friend's house.  He decided he would rather do that and the other boys didn't want to go without him.  Adrian and I were not upset because we have a heat warning going on right now so we're much happier being in our air conditioned house.

We got Daniel packed up and out to his friend's house for the night and then the rest of us had leftovers for dinner.  We had a relaxing night of playing video games, watching TV, doing a few small things around the house and relaxing.  I played a fun game of Machi Koro with Adrian and Zak and I won in a very close game!  We let AJ and Zak have a little extra video game time and stay up a little later than usual since Daniel was probably doing the same thing on his sleepover.  After we got them to bed, Adrian and I played our next month of Pandemic Legacy.  We are behind so we played the mission from May.  It was the hardest game we have played so far but we eeked out the win.  We did sweat this one a bit, but we still won and are moving on to June next time.  After we finished playing, we got some ice cream, watched this week's "Younger" and headed to bed.

Saturday (7/20) The day started a little earlier than I wanted it to this morning, especially since we stayed up later than planned playing the game last night.  But I got up and moving and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  It was super hot already that early this morning, it's a scorcher today!!  We had a sweaty fun class and then I headed out to pick up Daniel from his sleepover.  We got home and settled and spent the rest of the day in the air conditioning.

I worked around the house all day and got a ton of stuff done.  I did food prep for the week and also got a ton done on my to do list.  I haven't felt this ready for a week in months, and it's only Saturday!  While I worked, the boys played video games and watched TV.  Adrian took basketball duties and drove Zak to his game early in the afternoon and AJ later in the afternoon.  Zak played well, got a few rebounds and a basket in his game.  AJ played great, especially on defense and he really hustled on the court.  His coach rewarded his hard work with the sportsmanship medal this week & he was really proud of himself!
After a delicious summer dinner of grilled chicken and fresh veggies, we did a little clean up and then Adrian played some video games with the boys.  I continued to get stuff done around the house while they played.  Then after we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed, Adrian and I played another month of Pandemic Legacy.  We won again and are thru June and caught up to the current month.  We are hoping to stay caught up now and play July in the next few days as well.  We're having fun playing thru this story!  After the game, we had snacks, watched this week's Card Sharks and headed to bed.  It was a pretty great way to spend a super hot day!

Sunday (7/21) We all slept in this morning and it was wonderful!  We had a slow moving morning and headed out to second service of church.  When we got home from church, we had a quick lunch and then got to work to finish up some things around the house.  Adrian and I organized the deep freeze in the basement and it looks awesome now!  I didn't realize how much food we had down there, I won't be shopping much for the next few weeks for sure.  Late in the afternoon we headed over to a friend's house and had a great night together.  Our boys played with their two boys while the adults chatted.  We enjoyed lots of pizza, wine and laughter together - it was a fantastic night.  We had a great time but stayed a little later than we planned.  When we got home, we took care of Nick and then got the boys down to bed.  Adrian followed soon after since he has to work in the morning and I stayed up to get a few little things done, enjoy one more glass of wine and watch an episode of Real Housewives.  It was a great Sunday!!

Monday (7/22) We all slept in again this morning, including Adrian who was supposed to go into work early this morning.  Zak finally woke us up around 8am and Adrian got ready and left for work while the rest of us had a relaxing morning.  Zak and I played a game of Monopoly Gamer and I just barely beat him.  After some relaxing, we all got ready and then headed out to see this week's free movie "The Neverending Story."  It was pretty good, I don't believe I've ever seen it.  The boys enjoyed it, AJ and Daniel saw it last year but didn't really remember it.  After the movie, we came home and I got dinner together for everyone.  I dropped dinner off to a friend from church who is recovering from surgery, fed the boys and ate myself before heading to the church to teach Zumba Toning tonight.  We had an awesome class and worked hard!  AJ was supposed to go fishing for Scouts tonight, but it was raining so he opted not to go.  So we had a relaxing night at home, got the boys down to bed early and watched the last two episodes of "AP Bio."  We are almost all caught up, only two more shows left to go.  It was a pretty great start to the week!!
Tuesday (7/23) We got up and moving pretty early this morning.  Adrian headed out to work on time today and I got ready for work and headed out to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After two fun classes, I came home and we had a quick lunch before heading out for the afternoon.  It was a beautiful day so we decided to head to Slate Run Park.  Zak has been asking to go back since his field trip a few months ago.  We played at the new park, saw the animals at the farm and went on a nature walk to the lake.  Highlights were Zak and I milking a cow, touching the different animals and seeing fish in the lake.  I was just excited to be outside and active and not sweating like crazy since the temps today were only in the 70s.
After spending hours at the park, we finally got tired and hungry so we decided to head back home.  I made tacos for everyone for dinner and we had dinner together.  Then the boys played some video games while Adrian mowed the lawn and I cleaned up around the house.  We were all pretty tired after the busy day so we got the boys thru their night routine pretty quickly and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I got our snacks and started on "The Good Doctor."  We watched one episode and were reminded why we love this show.  I'm excited to binge it over the next few weeks!!

Wednesday (7/24) Adrian got up and headed to work early while the rest of us slept in a little bit this morning.  When we got up and moving, we got ready and headed out to Newark to spend the day checking out The Works museum.  Daniel went on a field trip during day camp in June and has been wanting to go back since he went.  We started our day with their planetarium program on Apollo 11 and the space program, which we all really enjoyed.  After the movie, we spent over 4 hours exploring the rest of the museum.  Highlights included playing WiiFit together, taking apart parts of a computer, building cars to race and playing in the sound garden outside.  It was a great day and I was really impressed with the museum, very affordable and fun!!
After we finished at The Works, we headed to Target to do some of our school shopping.  Everyone got their bookbags and lunchboxes for the school year and I grabbed a few supplies as well.  We also got a gift for a birthday party this weekend and a few other things we needed (or the boys wanted) for the house.  When we finished up, we headed home for the evening.  The boys played some video games while I got dinner ready and put away everything we bought at Target.  The night passed quickly while they played and I cleaned and relaxed.  Adrian went to Bible study and got home just in time to help put the boys to bed.  Then we got snacks and watched "Press Your Luck" before heading to bed for the night.

Thursday (7/25) We got up and moving early again today, Adrian left for work and I got ready to head to work too.  I headed to Harcum and taught my two Silver Sneakers classes, then ran a quick errand on the way home.  When I got home, the boys and I had a quick lunch before heading out to the Y for some swimming.  The water was cold, but the weather was perfect!  I sat and rested for the first half of the afternoon, then swam with the boys the second half.  We had a nice afternoon and the day passed super quickly.
After we got home, the boys played some video games while I made dinner and got ready to head to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had an awesome time at class with everyone!  When I got home, the boys had taken care of the clean up and were ready for family movie night.  We watched "Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse" together since Adrian and Zak missed it the first time.  I got a few things done while they were watching too.  When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed, watched this week's episode of "Card Sharks" and headed to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment