Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/5 - 7/11)

Friday (7/5) We had a very lazy start to our day today since we've been up so late the past few days.  We slept in, then had a relaxing morning of donuts and coffee.  We were going to see "Fantastic Mr Fox" but no one wanted to get moving fast enough so we decided to postpone that for later this week and just hang at home.  I got a few things done around the house while the boys played some video games and then in the early afternoon we packed up and got ready to head to Zoombeezi Bay for the night.

When we got to Zoombeezi, we realized it was super crowded, which was not really surprising.  All of the slides had an hour or longer waits so we decided to just play in the wave pool, lazy river and baboon lagoon for a while.  When it was time for dinner, we got together and decided instead of buying dinner there, we would just head out for the night.  We went to Red Robin for dinner instead and then stopped at Orange Leaf for dessert.  Then we went home and watched "Hotel Transylvania 3," the same movie Zoombeezi was playing.  I think it turned out to be a slightly better night for all of us.  The movie was really good, we all enjoyed it and are glad we watched all of them this summer!  After the movie, we got the boys to bed and headed to bed soon after since it was pretty late. 
Saturday (7/6) Today started early for me again since I had to teach my Zumba class at the church.  I almost cancelled since it's the holiday weekend but I'm so glad I decided to have class because I had 12 people and we had a blast dancing to a Zumba shuffle playlist.  After class, I was a sweaty mess so I came home to get a shower and get on with my day.  Daniel wanted to go see "Fantastic Mr Fox" so Adrian took him to see that (I'll take the other boys this week while he's at camp).  They said the movie was awesome and are glad they went.  When they got home, we did a few things around the house and then packed up the car to head up to Carl's house for some family time.  We had a great night there, the kids played while the adults chatted.  We enjoyed fun snacks, delicious homemade pizza, fruity wine and decadent chocolate cake.  It was a great night together capped off by the kids playing with sparklers together.  We headed home after all of that fun to take care of Nick and start getting Daniel ready for camp tomorrow.  After a few small things, we got the boys down to bed and then Adrian and I settled in to watch the past two episodes of "Younger" before also heading to bed for the night.  Only one day left in our long weekend!!
Sunday (7/7) I had to get up and moving early again this morning to head into church.  I served in children's ministry for the first service and then headed into church for the second service.  The boys slept super late so only Adrian came to meet me for service.  We kicked off a new series and it's going to be another good one.  After church, I ran Daniel to Dollar Tree for a few things he needed and then came home to grab a quick lunch, finish packing Daniel up for camp and send him off to a birthday party for about an hour.  While he was there, I worked around the house and got as much done as I could.

When Daniel got home, we made sure he had everything and then his friend Patrick & his mom Melissa picked us up to drive both boys up to Round Lake Christian Camp for the week.  It was a nice drive out and we got them checked in with no problems.  Daniel got a little upset when I was leaving and I'm hoping he makes it OK this week.  He wasn't able to keep his phone and that was upsetting for both him and me.  After we got the boys settled, Melissa and I headed home but not without stops for a delicious dinner and some yummy ice cream.  When I got home, I finished up a few things and then watched a few comedies with Adrian before we headed to bed.  We're both back to our normal schedule starting tomorrow, but it was a pretty great long weekend!
Monday (7/8) Even though the weekend is over, I actually got to sleep in a bit today since we didn't have to be anywhere super early this morning.  Once the boys and I got up and moving, we packed up quickly and headed to Zoombeezi Bay for a few hours.  It was a gorgeous day so once again it was pretty crowded, but we made the best of it.  We played in the wave pool, lazy river and baboon lagoon, including a fun basketball game with two other brothers the boys met in the pool.  After a quick lunch, we headed home to rest up for our evening activities.
Unfortunately on the drive home, I got a phone call from the leaders at camp saying Daniel wasn't doing good and I might have to go pick him up.  He was swimming at the time and the leader said he would call back after that if Daniel still wanted to leave.  Well I don't know what's in that water, but Daniel has completely turned around and was having a great time after swimming.  I'll keep praying that he is able to stay the rest of the week, but will be on high alert with my phone as well.  After we finally got home, AJ and Zak had their video game time and I worked around the house.  Then I got everyone dinner and we got ready for our evening activities, which were all split up.

First Adrian took Zak to soccer camp at our high school and dropped him off there.  Zak had a great time playing games and doing drills with the high school soccer players.  After dropping him off, Adrian came back and dropped off AJ at Scouts where he worked on advancement and got the info for his geocaching merit badge.  While they were there, I went to church and had an awesome Zumba Toning class with my students & also got to see and talk to a bunch of friends.  It was so nice to be around so many members of my church family after a tough afternoon.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine, watched a comedy and headed to bed for the night.

Tuesday (7/9) I got up and moving early this morning since I had to work.  Of course, it wasn't nearly as early as Adrian got up and out to work so I'm thankful for that.  I got ready and headed to Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had a delay getting started when the fire alarm went off minutes before class and we had to evacuate the building.  Thankfully it was a false alarm so I was able to teach my two classes, even if they both started a little late.  After class, I came home and got lunch with AJ and Zak before we headed to the Y to meet some friends to swim for a few hours.  We had a fun time, it was a perfect day for the pool!!

After a few hours, we came home so Zak and I could get ready for our night activities.  I got dinner for all of us and then dropped Zak off at soccer camp before heading back to the Y for an Aqua Zumba class.  I had a great time being a student and just forgetting about the stress of the week.  After class, I came home and helped Adrian get the boys down for the night.  Then we finished a few things, got snacks, watched a comedy and headed to bed too.  I was exhausted after all of the pool time today!!
Wednesday (7/10) We all slept in a bit since we didn't really have anything pressing on our agenda.  Adrian got up early and went to work while the rest of us slept until around 9am.  We were thinking about going to see "Smallfoot" with friends but since we slept in we decided not to rush to do that.  We were also supposed to meet our church group at the park but the boys were not interested in doing that today either and it was honestly so hot that I was OK with staying home.  Thankfully we did because I got a few things done around the house and then Daniel called and asked to please come home.  He said he wasn't having any fun, didn't like the food and missed all of us.  So I got the other boys settled and headed up to pick him up.  We are super proud that he stuck it out for the 3 nights!!

While I was doing the 3 hour round trip drive to pick him up, Adrian came home from work a little early to feed AJ and Zak dinner.  Then he took Zak to soccer camp and headed to his Bible study for the night.  I no sooner walked in from the drive and the soccer camp called me to pick up Zak early because he hurt his foot during drills.  I got him home and he seems to be OK, but we're going to watch it the next few days and make sure he doesn't need x-rays.  When I finally got everyone home and settled, I took a little time for myself and then got the boys down to bed for the night.  Daniel was exhausted and couldn't wait to go to bed!  Adrian got home from Bible study, we finished a few things,watched a comedy and then headed to bed.  It was definitely a Wacky Wednesday!!
Thursday (7/11) Daniel was so happy to be home that he slept for over 10 hours last night!!  All three boys were still sleeping when both Adrian and I headed out to work this morning.  I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes this morning.  Then I ran a quick errand and came home to get lunch together for everyone.  When we were finished eating, we got ready and headed out to the movies to see "Fantastic Mr. Fox."  Daniel had already seen it earlier this week with Adrian but didn't mind seeing it again since he liked it.  It was a pretty cute movie, the boys all really liked it.

After the movie, we came home and I got a few things done before getting dinner together for everyone.  Then I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class tonight.  I was pretty tired but I made it thru and we all had a sweaty fun time!  After class I came home and Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house and then got the boys thru their night routine.  When we got them down to bed, we watched a comedy and headed to bed too.  It's been a very long and somewhat stressful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment