Friday, July 19, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/12 - 7/18)

Friday (7/12) We didn't have anywhere to be early on Friday, so the boys and I all slept in.  Adrian got up early and headed to work for the day.  When we finally got up and moving, we were trying to figure out what we should do for the day.  I realized that I had a ton of stuff to catch up on and really needed a day at home to just work on stuff around the house.  So I pulled the mom card and told the boys that we weren't going to do anything fun outside of the house but that they could have video games pretty much all day while I worked.  They were thrilled with that option!!

We did take a break in the afternoon to go out and run a few errands.  I took all three boys to get their hair cut because they were looking pretty shaggy.  When we were done there, we headed to Dollar Tree to pick out our snacks for the drive in tonight.  Then we came back home and I went right back to work while they played until Adrian came home from work.  We all had pasta together for dinner and then got ready and headed to the drive in again to see "Spiderman: Far From Home."  We all really enjoyed it, can't believe some of the plot twists!!  We are loving going to the drive in, such a fun way to see movies this summer.  By the time we waited for both secret scenes, it was around midnight when we got home.  We got the boys down to bed and then I went right to bed too because I have an early morning and busy day tomorrow.
Saturday (7/13) Today started earlier than I wanted it to, especially after the late night last night.  I got up and got ready to head to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had a fun class and got another great workout!  Then I came home to grab a quick shower and lunch before heading back out to another Zumba jam.  I had a great afternoon dancing with friends and learning 5 new songs to be able to bring back to my classes soon.  It was a fun afternoon, but I was hungry and tired after it!
While I was at my jam, Adrian took Zak to basketball.  He played well and had fun, plus took a nice team pictures.  Then he did some work around the house before bringing AJ back for basketball.  I met them there so Adrian could go to his board game meeting tonight.  I stayed and watched AJ and his team play.  He did pretty well, but his team suffered a tough loss.  When we finally got home, I made dinner for myself and the boys.  Soon after we finished, Adrian came home because he didn't have anyone to play games with at his meeting.  We hung out for the night, got the boys to bed, did a few things to clean up the house and watched some TV.  I also got a few things ready for tomorrow because I have another early morning.  I headed to bed pretty early because I was exhausted and have to leave by 6:45 tomorrow morning.

Sunday (7/14) Today started way too early for me since I had to get up and moving be on the road by 6:45 to head to Xenia for Aqua Zumba training.  I had a rough time getting up and moving, but I made it.  I stopped in Gahanna on my way and picked up my friend Chris who drove out to the training with me.  We had a fun time laughing and chatting and the drive passed quickly.  It was an all day training and I learned a ton about teaching Aqua Zumba in it and I was exhausted when it was over.  Chris and I got back in the car to head home.  We unfortunately hit horrible traffic but were thankfully able to detour around it and still made OK time home.  Once again I was thankful he was with me because he kept me laughing and awake on what could have been a rough ride home.
While I was at training all day, Adrian held down the fort here with the boys.  They all slept in and had a very lazy morning at home.  Then they watched the epic tennis match and went out for a little mini golfing.  The boys were going to go to a VBS but at the last minute decided that they didn't want to do that this week, which is fine with me because it makes my week a lot easier.  When I got home, Adrian had dinner ready to go which was awesome.  I was going to be do a few things around the house, but I was SO tired I decided to just sit and chill.  I ate a few more snacks and then headed to bed early so I can recover from this awesome Zumba weekend!

Monday (7/15) The week started earlier than I wanted it to, especially after the long weekend.  But all 3 boys have Math camp this week so we have to get up and moving early.  AJ and Daniel are taking Minecraft coding camp & Zak is taking Lego building camp.  I got them all up and ready and dropped off to camp on time this morning.  Then I headed home and got a bunch of stuff done around the house that I didn't get to this weekend.  The morning passed super quick and before long it was time to go pick the boys up.

After camp, we had a quick lunch in the car and headed downtown to play in the Scioto Mile fountains.  We met friends there and the boys had a great time inventing games and splashing around in the fountains.  We were there for over 3 hours and they only left because we pulled them all out to get ready for our evening activities.  We got home and cooled off and then I quickly got dinner ready for everyone.  Then I headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  On the way, I dropped Daniel and Zak off to play at a friend's house for a few hours.  While we were out, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting where they worked on their physical fitness requirements.  When we all finally got home, we were exhausted after the fun day!  We got the boys down for the night and then finished cleaning up from dinner.  Then we had our snacks, watched some TV and headed to bed too.

Tuesday (7/16) Today started very similar to yesterday, up and out early for camp for everyone.  After I dropped the boys off, I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  Then I headed back to pick them up and take them out to lunch.  One of the local restaurants was having a special this week & kids can eat for $1.  The boys got dinosaur pancakes and were able to decorate them with toppings while I enjoyed a delicious omelette.  Then we headed across town to our favorite trampoline park and bounced for an hour.  It was nearly empty so we had a ton of fun bouncing together and playing dodge ball.  We were worn out after the hour, so we headed home for the night.  We had a very relaxing night after the busy day - dinner together, video games for the boys, cleaning for me.  The night passed quickly and then it was time for bed for the boys.  After we got them down, Adrian and I watched a few shows and then headed to bed too.
Wednesday (7/17) Another day of camp this morning and everyone got up and moving quickly today. I dropped the boys off at camp and then ran a few errands before heading back to the Harcum Center to sub a Zumba class this morning.  We had a fun time dancing together and then I headed back to pick up the boys from camp.  We had planned to meet up with friends at a park for a picnic and some play time but since it was raining, we cancelled those plans.  Instead we headed home for a quick lunch and some relaxing time and then headed out to Gahanna Lanes for the boys to bowl their two free games.  They had a ton of fun bowling, especially Zak who did really well.  He liked it so much he would like to join the bowling league in the fall!!
When we got home, we had another relaxing night at home.  I cooked dinner for everyone and surprisingly Adrian was able to make it home for dinner.  He worked super late since the State finally got the budget together today, but when they took their dinner break he was able to come home and support from here.  After dinner, the boys played video games while I worked around the house.  I got them down for bed and then had my snacks and watched "Press Your Luck" while Adrian was working.  Then I headed to bed, I forgot how hard it is to get up early every day!!

Thursday (7/18) Wow, we all really struggled to get up this morning!  I hit snooze an extra time and Adrian was sleeping on the couch after a super late night of work.  The boys were dragging and we were just running late the whole morning.  I somehow got the boys to camp right on time and then ran over to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers.  I was a few minutes late but we made it work and had two fantastic classes.  Then I headed back to pick up the boys from camp and we ran home to grab a quick lunch.

After lunch, we headed out to the Y to swim for a few hours.  We had a great time swimming, especially since we had the deep end mostly to ourselves the whole time.  We swam for about two hours and then headed home sunkissed and tired.  I was supposed to teach Zumba tonight but heard from almost all of my students, plus my childcare, that they couldn't come tonight.  So I decided to cancel class and take the night off.  We had another relaxing night at home since we were all worn out from the busy week so far.  The boys played video games while Adrian and I got a few things done.  Then we got them down to bed, watched some TV and headed to bed too.  I'm a little nervous how much we're going to struggle when we go back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment