Monday, July 29, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/31 - 6/6)

Friday (5/31) Today was another lost day, much like the past two days.  We're all still feeling really bad.  Daniel is still not really sick, but he's also not 100% either.  Adrian and I are still taking turns just taking care of the boys, the dog and resting.  We're surviving but just barely.  We've cancelled pretty much everything this past week, Adrian called out of work, I didn't teach Zumba classes, we didn't do any of our planned activities.  This was not how we wanted our summer to start!

Saturday (6/1) We woke up feeling horrible again today.  All three boys seem back to normal, thankfully.  Adrian and I have both gone backwards and feel like death again today.  I cancelled my Zumba class this morning and unfortunately we had to cancel AJ's birthday party that was scheduled for tonight.  We feel horrible but thankfully he (and his friends) were all very understanding.  We promised AJ that we will reschedule for as soon as we possible can.  The boys spent the day playing and watching video games together while Adrian and I took turns napping.  It was a rough day but thankfully the kids are older and fairly self sufficient.  We're praying to start feeling better tomorrow!

Sunday (6/2) Happy 12th Birthday AJ!!  Unfortunately Adrian and I are still not feeling well today.  I'm starting to feel a little better and am able to keep a little bit of food down finally today.  We spent most of the day the same as the past few days with the boys playing a ton of video games and Adrian and I trying to recover.  I did a few small things around the house with lots of rest in between.  We did pull it together to celebrate a little for AJ's birthday.  We gave him his gifts, got him Jets pizza for dinner and we all enjoyed homemade ice cream cake for dessert.  It wasn't much, but honestly it was probably more what he wanted - video games over time with us, LOL!  We are back to our regular schedule tomorrow, Adrian and I are pulling it together and will be doing the best we can to get thru our busy day.  I'm very thankful the boys are back to 100% and that we are starting to feel better as well.
Monday (6/3) We were back to our regular schedule today, at least as best we could be after being so sick.  Adrian and I still didn't feel 100% but we decided it was time to get back to the real world.  He got up and headed out to work and I slept in and then went to work getting the house back in order after being out of commission for a few days.  I took a break in the afternoon to finally take the boys out to Menchie's for ice cream.  Zak has been begging to go for like two weeks and we haven't been able to get there.  He was super excited to go and we all enjoyed the smores flavor!
The day passed quickly with the boys playing, and me cleaning and trying to rehydrate and refuel my body.  We had an early dinner and then I headed to our church with Daniel and Zak for Sports and Arts camp.  I volunteered for check in and helped get everyone checked in and settled where they needed to be for camp.  Daniel is taking the art class tonight and Zak is playing soccer.  Once everyone was checked in, I went home to rest for a while before I needed to pick them up when camp was over.  While we were there, Adrian took AJ to Boy Scouts so he could get all the information he needs for summer camp in a few weeks.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed and Adrian and I followed soon after since we were worn out from our first day back to our schedule!

Tuesday (6/4) After a good night of rest, Adrian and I are almost back to normal.  He got up and headed into work early this morning and I got Zak ready to head out to his double header of sports and arts camp.  His friend picked him up early this morning and took him out to the Jersey Baptist sports and arts camp that we do every year.  Zak played soccer in the morning and did art in the afternoon.  He said he had a great time when I picked him up!  While he was there, I got back to work and taught two Silver Sneakers classes this morning.  It was rough but I got through them both and it felt great to move again!!  While Zak and I were out, AJ and Daniel hung out here and played video games and took care of Nick.

When I got home with Zak in the afternoon, we rested for a bit then had another early dinner and headed back to the church for sports and arts camp.  I volunteered at check in again, which went very smooth tonight.  AJ came with us tonight to volunteer and he helped in art where Daniel was a student.  Zak decided to check out golf tonight and had a really fun time learning how to golf better.  They all had a fun night!  When they got home from camp, we got them down to bed pretty quickly then Adrian and I did a few things around the house, watched a few comedies from our DVR and headed to bed too.
Wednesday (6/5) We're pretty much back to normal now, yay!!  Adrian got up and headed out to work for the day.  Since we woke up to rain, Zak's first sports and arts camp was cancelled today so we ended up with a free day at home.  Since I still had a bunch of stuff to do around the house, we decided to mostly just chill around the house and get stuff done.  We did take a break in the afternoon to go out and get some report card freebies.  The boys got their favorite one today, Krispy Kreme donuts!  We got our 18 free glazed donuts and each boy got to pick 2 for a full two dozen donuts coming home with us.
The day passed quickly and I was super productive!  We once again had an early dinner and the four of us headed to the church for Sports and Arts camp.  Daniel did art again and Zak did soccer again.  AJ volunteered again and decided to help out with soccer and hang with Zak tonight.  They all had a fun night and came home exhausted!  Adrian went from work to his Bible study and then we all got home around the same time.  Adrian and I got the boys down to bed, cleaned up a little around the house and then had a snack and watched a few comedies before we headed to bed.

Thursday (6/6) Today looked a lot like Tuesday, we all got up and moving pretty early.  Adrian left for work and Zak's friend picked him up to take him to Sports and Arts camp.  He again played soccer in the morning and did art in the afternoon.  While he was there, I headed to the Harcum Center and taught my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I felt so much better today than Tuesday, it was great to move without feeling horrible!  AJ and Daniel stayed home and played video games while we were gone.  After running a few errands in the afternoon, I picked up Zak and took all three boys to get their other favorite report card freebie, 5 free video game rentals and one personal pizza each.  They each picked one video game to take home today and we'll use the rest of the freebies over the rest of this month.

When we got home, I fed the boys a quick dinner and then headed to the church to drop them off at Sports and Arts camp.  Daniel decided to try theater tonight and AJ volunteered in there with him.  Daniel did such a great job that he earned an award for great behavior tonight!  Zak did golf again, and learned a lot from his friend's dad who was able to teach him how to golf lefty.  Since they had enough volunteers, Adrian and I decided to take advantage of some free time and head out for a dinner date.  We went to La Fogata Grill for delicious margaritas and fajitas and great conversation.  We made sure we had shopping lists together so everyone will be ready for their upcoming Scout camps.  It was a great time to reconnect and enjoy ourselves after a weird two weeks.
After dinner we picked up the boys from the church and all came home.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  We cleaned up a little around the house then settled in to watch a few comedies on our DVR before heading to bed for the night.  This week hasn't been the most fun week, but it's what we all needed after the craziness of last week.  I'm hoping we can get our summer on track soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment