Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 14 - July 20)

I accidentally missed another week of meal planning, but I didn't really have a lot to write about so I decided to skip it.  We have so many veggies and it is amazing!  But I didn't feel like figuring out what to cook with them so I just took out some meat each day and put meals together.  It was mostly grilled meat and veggies all week, although I did make this awesome Asian pork and string beans one night.  It was one of my favorites and I'm thinking about making it again next week since we'll have more string beans.
This week there is some of the same going on.  To be honest, we are super busy having fun with the kids plus trying to work.  We have a ton of veggies we need to use and we can't always cook big elaborate dishes with them.  So we're just throwing stuff on the grill and it's awesome!  I can't say enough good things about the veggies we're getting from the local farm, everything is so fresh and flavorful and it lasts forever.  I'm so glad we decided to do it again this summer, and I'm sure we'll be doing it again next year after this great experience!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Steak on the grill
Monday - Potato, Sausage & Kale Frittata
Tuesday - Taco Soup
Wednesday - Unstuffed Cabbage for the adults and Baked Ziti for the children
Thursday - Salmon and whatever veggies we feel like having
Friday - Cabbage Salad with shrimp while we're at Zoombeezi Bay
Saturday - Grilled Chicken and whatever veggies we feel like having

Water Flavor - Orange.  I still have a few more oranges and lemons to use up so I did that this week.  I will probably get one more week with that and then I'll have to figure out other things to use.

Overnight Oats - I have a few flavored yogurts that I'll be using this week to make these.  I also found watermelon flavored Greek yogurt at Aldi last week so I'm going to be using that really soon, I'm super excited about it!

Use it Up - I actually didn't shop at all last week so I just used what we had at the house.  I didn't realize how stocked our freezer in the basement is, so I used up some of that meat last week.  I'm focusing on fruits and veggies again this week, making sure we eat and use everything before it goes bad.  I really need to organize our freezers so I know what I have and what I should use up.

Lunches - I'm making Thai Chicken Salad to take with me to training on Sunday and that will be most of my lunches this week.  I'm also taking the boys out to eat at Sunnyside Cafe one day since they can eat for free this week.  I may make another cabbage salad at the end of the week since we have so much cabbage right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment