Sunday, June 30, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 30 - July 6)

For the first time in a VERY long time, I made everything that I planned on my meal plan last week!  And it was all delicious!  There were days that it was tough to keep up, but I made it all work.  We are finally caught up on our veggies from our CSA and can eat what we get each week without worrying about what will go bad.  The veggies are SO good, we are really impressed.  Even things that we know we like taste better straight from the farm.  I'm so glad we decided to invest in this again this summer and hopefully we'll be able to do it annually from here on out.
This week is a little weird because it's the 4th of July and Adrian is off from work Wednesday thru Sunday.  We'll do some junk food eating and some healthy eating for a good balance this week.  Our plans are also still somewhat up in the air because we are assuming that Adrian can not only get off, but actually have the day off and not have to be on call and online all day.  We're being very flexible this week with our schedule and we're going with whatever happens.  I love that we can do that since it's summer!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - London Broil with Roasted Beets and Yellow Squash
Monday - Taco Soup for the adults & tacos for the boys
Tuesday -  Grilled Chicken with whatever vegetables I still have around that need to be used up
Wednesday - Stuffed Cabbage
Thursday - BBQ with burgers, brats & dogs and whatever vegetables I still have around
Friday - Out. Dinner at Zoombeezi Bay when we go as a family for their movie night.
Saturday - Either out at Carl & Sarah's, or hosting them here, or figuring something else out if they aren't available.  Totally flexible!

Water Flavor - Mango. I got a great deal on a mango last week so I'm using that for my flavor this week.  It's my favorite so I'll do it whenever I get a good deal on one!

Overnight Oats - I'm taking the week off from these this week since we'll be having a lot of late nights and hopefully late mornings too.  I'll be back to this next week.

Use it Up - I'm still just trying to keep up with the vegetables before they go bad.  When I know for sure I have a handle of them I'll move on to other things in the house.  I really need to organize the freezers and figure out what's in there and what needs to be eaten from them.

Lunches - I haven't honestly thought about lunches yet this week.  I know I have a head of lettuce and some cucumbers & tomatoes to use up so I'll probably be having lots of salads.  I also have some leftover veggies from sides the past few days so I may have those with scrambled eggs or something.  Once again, I guess I'm just going with the flow and eating whatever seems good.

No comments:

Post a Comment