Thursday, July 18, 2019

Keeping Up With...2019 Goals (April-June Recap)

Hi remember the fact that I had goals this year??  Well I didn't and writing this post has been on my to do list since the end of April.  But I'll be honest, things around here have been super busy!  Between the end of school, summer fun, sickness and work we've been going non-stop.  Our weekends have been jam packed so I've honestly been just focusing on what's on fire and leaving everything.  My to do list is currently gigantic and I'm slowing working my way thru it.  It will probably take me all of August but hopefully I'll catch up eventually.

The good news is that these goals have been in the back of my mind the past three months and I have still been working towards them.  I've been consistent about working out just about everyday, except for when I was super sick for almost a week.  I've been losing weight, I'm even starting to notice it myself.  I'm reading the Bible every day and for fun most days.  We're having an amazing summer together, although we haven't really been doing the everyone picks something each week.  That was just getting to be hard for everyone so now we just discuss what's happening that week and what we would like to do.  We're getting a nice variety and having a ton of fun so since it's working I'm not changing it.

I'm going to do my best to update this for the past few months but I may miss a few things.  I used to update it each week, but haven't touched it since mid-April.  I may miss a few things but that's OK.  I am really hoping to get back to doing these posts each month, but I'm not promising that it will happen.  My goal is to get caught up on stuff over the next six weeks, the end of summer and the first two weeks of school.  Then I'm hoping to find a better balance of getting stuff done around the house when I go back to subbing in the schools.  We'll see how it all unfolds - stay tuned to see!!
  • Lose 50 pounds - I've lost 21 pounds so far!!  I'm super excited about this and am motivated to keep this momentum going.  I realize I'm a little bit behind, but honestly not gaining will be a huge accomplishment for this year since I went the other way the past two years.
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - 175 days (out of 181) so far, missed one day when Zak was in the hospital, one day in April when I was exhausted and 4 days when I had the deadly stomach bug and could barely move for 6 days (I walked the dog two of the days)
  • Read the Bible in a Year - 181 days so far
  • Read 100 Days to Brave - DONE!!
  • Read "Be Still and Know" - 181 days so far
  • Read 20 books - 7 books so far "Bridget Jones' Diary" and "The Littlest Bigfoot" in this three month span.  I've fallen behind by a few books, I'm hoping to pick it up the rest of this summer.  I did read half of the new Jennifer Weiner book before it had to go back to the library so as soon as I get that again, I'll finish it.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - 3 books done so far
  • Read "The Beauty Myth" - 66% so far
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - 18 blog posts so far.  I've missed a bunch of weeks doing this for various reasons.  I've been planning, just not writing the blogs.
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - 23 blog posts so far.  I've missed a few weeks that are half written.  I'm hoping on catching up on these next, after I finish this post.
  • Write 12 goal recap blogs - 4 blog post so far.  See above for the explanation.  I will obviously not be hitting this goal this year.
  • Pay off $3,000 of credit card debt - About $3,200 paid off so far!!  We're ahead of schedule which is awesome.  However we did incur some debt this year for Zak's hospital bills and we're taking July and Aug off from our big payments since my income is way down right now.  But I'm so happy about the progress we've made!
  • Renovate the living room - DONE!!
  • Watch 40 movies - 19 movies so far.  In this three month span, we have watched a ton of movies!  The boys are loving going to the movies, especially the drive in.  Here's the list of what we watched in this 3 months:  Captain Marvel, Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse, Bohemian Rhapsody, Antman and Wasp, Avengers: Endgame, Shazzam, The Kid Who Would be King, Detective Pikachu, Aquaman, Hotel Transylvania 1, Matilda, Jurassic Park, Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, Hotel Transylvania 2
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - 8 dates so far this year.  We saw "The Play That Goes Wrong" and "Hello Dolly," went to Cooper's Hawk for dinner, did a day date at Easton, and went to La Fogota for dinner in these 3 months.
  • Sub 70 days in the schools - 25 days so far.  I'll have some work to do in the fall to meet this goal!  But I'm planning to sub four days each week so hopefully starting in September this number will get much higher.
  • Do one group fitness training - registered for Aqua Zumba in July
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - 3 jams attended
  • Clean out master bedroom - spent 20 minutes working in there
  • Clean out play room - spent 20 minutes working in there
  • Have 12 family board game nights - had 3 family game nights so far.  We've been slacking on this one too.  Hoping to pick it up the second half of the year.
  • Play Pandemic Legacy with Adrian once per month - 4 months done
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - 3 nights out so far - In these three months, I had a dinner out with friends one night and also went to the Mixtape Tour concert with friends.  That was a super fun night!!
  • Go on an awesome spring break vacation to Florida - DONE!!
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - About 30 done so far.  We're not really counting what we're doing, just enjoying it!
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - haven't booked any.  Probably won't do any this year, it's just too much work for all of us to go camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment