Monday, January 28, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 27 - Feb 2)

We had another pretty good week of sticking to our meal plan from last week.  Once again on Thursday I ran out of steam and time so we decided to have leftovers that day and push our meals ahead one day.  This system is working well for us so far!  As a matter of fact, we've already used up our leftovers meal for this week when things were crazy yesterday (Sunday) and we just had sandwiches for lunch and leftovers for dinner.  Now I have to hope I can stick to the rest of our plan this week or we will be in rough shape at the end of the month.

This week starts our birthday celebrations.  Zak and Daniel both have birthdays next week so we have Zak's party this Saturday.  Next week will be a much more relaxed week for meal planning and cooking because we pretty much just celebrate for a week between the parties, actual birthdays and the Superbowl.  But more about that next week.  This week we are still focused on eating well and getting a good variety of food, especially veggies.  I'm also hoping to keep things easy this week as it's a full week of prep for all of the celebrations.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Chicken Stroganoff and Green Beans
Tuesday - Veggie Fajita Bowls 
Wednesday - Island Pork Salad - I make this every time it pops up in my Facebook memories, it's so good!!
Thursday - Pesto Tortellini with Chicken, Spinach & Tomatoes - I accidentally bought too much spinach and I need to use it up before it goes bad
Friday - Instant Pot Chili - Something quick and filling before we go see Hamilton!!
Saturday - Pizza at Zak's birthday party!

Water Flavor - Lemon.  I'm still using up a bag of lemons I bought for this.  The water tastes so good!

Overnight Oats - I'll be making 2 batches with powdered peanut butter and 2 with flavored yogurt.  I'm also mixing my breakfasts up with an occasional protein shake.

Use It Up - I'm making sure I use up the green beans & spinach I bought last week before they go bad.  I'm also using up the PB2 I have in the pantry and the flavored yogurt I have in the fridge.  I'll be shopping for 2 weeks on Wednesday and then only using what I have in the house.

Lunches - I'll have some salads, sandwiches and leftovers this week.  Nothing super exciting, just quick and easy.  Avocados seem to be in season and they are my favorite so I'm enjoying them in salads most days for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment