Saturday, January 19, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/11 - 1/17)

Friday (1/11) We made it to another Friday, woo!  This week felt long getting back in the swing of things but we made it.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and headed to work.  The rest of us got ready and then headed into school together since I was back to subbing today.  I had a great day with a fun 1st grade class and it passed pretty quickly.  After school, we came home and relaxed for a bit before I got ready to head back out to work at the church for the evening.  It was a pretty low key night at the church and I got a few things done for work and a few personal things done as well.  I came home and helped finish cleaning up around the house and then got the boys down for the night.  Adrian and I started on our year long goal of playing "Pandemic Legacy: Season 1."  We won the game but unfortunately realized we played most of it wrong!  So we are going to play the first month again next weekend and hopefully win again.  After we were done, we got some snacks, watched a few comedies and headed to bed.  It's been a long week!! 

Saturday (1/12) We thought we could sleep in today but the boys were all up earlier than expected.  Zak got up around 5am and woke Adrian up to hang out with him.  Daniel accidentally forgot to turn off his alarm so he woke up a little after 7am as well.  I had to get up around then too to get ready for my Zumba class at the church this morning.  We all got ready and headed to the church.  I taught a small but mighty Zumba class while Adrian and the boys played basketball in the gym.  When we all got home, the boys played while Adrian and I did a few things before he headed out for the day.  He went to his first CABS (board game group) meeting for the day.  I hung out at home with the boys for the day.  We were supposed to go to a trampoline park this afternoon but since we were getting some snow we decided it was better to stay home and chill for the day.

I spent a good chunk of the day working around the house while the boys played video games and made YouTube videos.  Daniel finally got to make a video with some of his friends from school so he was super excited about that!  I played two games of Machi Koro with the boys as well, Zak won one and I won one.  I really like expansion pack, it's way more strategy so I'm able to win more often.  After we played, they got ready for bed and I got them down.  I did a few more things around the house while I waited for Adrian to get home so we could watch the Cowboys game together.  Unfortunately I was so tired that I only made it to halftime before heading to bed.  It's a bummer they didn't pull out the win, but the Rams looked amazing!

Sunday (1/13) We all did get to sleep in today!  Then we had a relaxing start to our morning before we headed out to church for the second service.  We are really enjoying this sermon series and loved the service this morning!  When we got home, the boys helped Adrian shovel the driveway and sidewalk while I got lunch together for everyone.  Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning, prepping for the week and watching the football games.  We are bummed the Patriots won but are excited for the Saints!  It was a full day for us with a nice mix of relaxing and working.  After finishing everything up and getting the boys to bed, Adrian and I watched a few comedies and headed to bed for the night.  While nothing exciting happened, it was a pretty great weekend!!
Monday (1/14) Back to our normal routine today.  We were all pretty rested after the weekend so we got up and moving on time.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and headed in to work.  Zak was excited to wake up and see that the tooth fairy came and brought him a dollar for the tooth he lost yesterday.  I got the other boys ready and dropped off at school before heading out to do some grocery shopping.  I forgot to eat breakfast first so I skipped my planned trip to Costco and only did the local stores.  Hoping to get there later this week.  After I got home and had breakfast, I worked the rest of the day around the house and got a ton of stuff done before the boys get home from school.  When they got home, we got thru homework and then they went to play while I got dinner ready.  Adrian came home and took Zak to basketball practice at the church while I headed to my Zumba class.  We had a sweaty fun time during our Zumba Toning class tonight!  When I got home, we finished cleaning up around the house then got the boys down to bed.  Adrian and I got our snacks then sat down and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.
Tuesday (1/15) Another day of our regular routine and everyone got up and moving pretty well.  Adrian took AJ to school before heading to work and I dropped the other boys off before heading to Harcum to teach my three classes.  I had a great time with my students and when I left to run a few quick errands at lunchtime, I took some good natured ribbing from my co-workers about not forgetting my keys.  After the three classes, I headed into school to do sight words with some of the students in Zak's class.  I'm so thankful I am able to volunteer each week in his class!  When we got home, we relaxed for a bit and then finished homework and dinner.  Zak had Scouts and Adrian took him to give me a little bit of a break for the day.  They had a fun time talking about family genealogy and making a family crest.  When they got home, we got the boys ready for bed, then watched two comedies before heading to bed.  Pretty standard day and I loved every minute of it!

Wednesday (1/16) Adrian and AJ woke up and started getting ready and then I checked my phone to see that we had a two hour delay due to icy roads today.  I went back to sleep for about an hour and thankfully Daniel and Zak also got to sleep in a little.  Soon after we were up and moving we got the call that the roads did not improve so school was closed for the day!!  The boys were super excited and started playing video games right away.  We had a great day hanging out, having fun & being productive!!

We did a lot during the day, Zak commented that it felt like a long day because we had so much fun.  We played both board games and video games.  We ran a few errands, including a trip to the library, Krispy Kreme for our free donuts from our report cards & Target to get a birthday gift for a party this weekend.  We were also productive by doing a few chores, finishing our weekly homework and doing a bunch of laundry.  The finished the day by deciding to go play out in the yard together, AJ was out there for about 30 minutes and I had to force the other two boys to come in after just over an hour because it was getting dark and it was time for dinner!
 
 
After we finished dinner, the boys did a little more video game time while I cleaned up and got my daily workout in.  Adrian was at small group so it was just the four of us tonight.  They did their normal night routine and I got them down to bed.  Soon after I got them down, Adrian came home for the night.  We watched a few comedies and headed to bed for the night.  It was a fun snow day with the boys but hopefully tomorrow we're back to our normal schedule!

Thursday (1/17) While there was snow in the forecast, we woke up to nothing so we were back to our normal schedule today.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed in to work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped off at school before heading to Harcum to teach my three classes.  We had a fun time in class, although they were all smaller because it did start snowing around 11am.  In between two of the classes, I jumped in the pool for about 30 minutes to practice my Aqua dance routines to get ready for my upcoming subbing opportunities.
After all three classes, I headed across the street to buy new snow boots for Daniel and Zak and also found a fun pair for myself.  I came home and got a few things done before heading out to pick up everyone from school.  I picked up Daniel and Zak and then headed over to Central to pick up AJ after Model UN.  He had another great meeting and is super excited for the upcoming competition in March.  When we all got home, the boys went out to play in the snow again while I got dinner ready and got ready to head to church to teach my Zumba class.  Adrian got the boys thru dinner and homework while I was gone.  When I got home we got the boys down to bed and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed ourselves.  Once again we're waiting on the weather to see how tomorrow will go.

2 comments:

  1. This is probably the weirdest, you have received! I believe I was in a band and worked with your husband Adrian back in the 90s! If it is the same guy, I'm happy to see that he has would have beers to be in awesome family! I would love to get in touch with him, just to say hi! I can be found on Facebook! Thank you! Jeremy Peart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is my husband! He said you worked together at Sam Ash. He said he would love to catch up, he's also on Facebook. His profile pic is me & him and his cover is him and the 3 boys on the boardwalk. I told him to look for you too. He doesn't use Facebook too often, but I post a lot & tag him too.

      Delete