Friday, January 25, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/18 - 1/24)

Friday (1/18) We woke up to no ice and no delays so it was our regular schedule for the day.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and headed to work.  I got the other boys ready and the three of us headed into West for the day since I was subbing.  I spent my day with a great group of third graders and before I knew it the day was over and I was heading home with my boys.  We relaxed for a little bit and then quickly got thru dinner before heading out a family night.  We had one more Christmas present to use, we went to see "Pete the Cat" live at the Children's Theater downtown.  We all enjoyed the show!!  Adrian and I were pleasantly surprised at how good it was, and all three boys gave it two thumbs up.
On the way home we stopped at Menchie's for a surprise dessert treat!  There were a lot of new flavors and we enjoyed sampling a few of them.  When we got home, we got the tired boys down to bed and then Adrian and I decided to give Pandemic Legacy another try.  We had a rough game but we managed to pull off the win for the month of January!  We had a few changes happen to the game going forward so I'm interested to play again in February.  After the game, we had some snacks, watched a few comedies and headed to bed for the night.  Once again, we are waiting to see what the weather does tomorrow.  Will we get snow?  Or just rain??

Saturday (1/19) Well we woke up to no snow this morning!  Thankfully I didn't cancel my Zumba class at church because of the forecast.  I headed out to the church and had a great Zumba Toning class with the few students who braved the weather.  Adrian brought the boys up to the church and played basketball while I was there teaching.  We all had a great active morning and were thankful to get out of the house for a while!  After class, I headed to small group with my ladies & had a great morning fellowshipping with them.  I got home safely because we still only had rain.

When I got home, I helped Adrian and Zak get ready to head out to a birthday party for one of Zak's classmates.  He had a great time bowling with friends from class!!  He got a strike, spare & the second highest score out of everyone at the party.  He also enjoyed pizza and cupcakes and time with his friends.  While they were there, I hung out with the other boys and got stuff done around the house.  I spent most of the afternoon trying to catch up on stuff from the week around the house.  After everyone had dinner, we got set up for a family movie night watching "The Greatest Showman."  It was a great movie!!  Four of us all loved the movie, Zak hated it.  I think it was too much story for him, not enough action.  But I really enjoyed it, quite possibly one of my favorites.  After the movie, we got the boys down to bed, made snacks and watched a few shows.  Then we headed to bed, still not seeing any snow, but now it has changed over to ice which will make driving tomorrow very interesting.
Sunday (1/20) We finally woke up to snow...and ice and freezing temperatures!!  The roads were really rough so our church cancelled services for the morning and did an online sermon instead.  We had a lazy start to our day as we waited to see what would cancel and what would still happen for the rest of the day.  Most of our activities cancelled so we ended up with most of the day at home working around the house.  Adrian and I watched the first half of the NFC championship game before we all had to get ready to head out.  He took the boys to Martial Arts where they all did great practicing for their upcoming belt tests.

While they were there, I went out with friends for drinks and dinner.  We celebrated three of my friends who all have the same Jan birthday.  We headed to Cooper's Hawk at Easton for a wine tasting and then a delicious dinner.  It was a great time!!  When I got home, Adrian and I watched the AFC championship game and while it was a great game, we were disappointed that the Patriots won, again.  We'll be cheering for the Rams in the Super Bowl for sure!!  When the game was over, it was super late so we headed to bed.  Thankful everyone has tomorrow off!!
 
 
Monday (1/21) We  all slept in today since it's a holiday Monday!  We had a lazy start to our morning with coffee, video games and Adrian and AJ finishing up a board game they started last night.  After a slower start, we got ready and headed out for Zak's pick from last week, a visit to a trampoline park.  Adrian and I didn't feel like going, but the boys were so excited so we couldn't say no.  I found a Groupon for a place in Grove City called Big Bounce and it was awesome!  We had a great time bouncing together for the hour.  The boys tried some new tricks and Adrian and I tried not to get hurt.  We all laughed a lot and were glad we went!!
 
 
 
After we got home, we finished up a few things around the house to get ready for the week and then got ready for our night activities.  Adrian took Zak to basketball practice where they both had a great time.  I headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class and had a sweaty fun time with the students.  When we all got home, we cleaned up from dinner and got the boys down to bed.  Then we finished up the long weekend with a few comedies before heading to bed.  We're rested and ready to resume our normal schedule tomorrow!

Tuesday (1/22) But unfortunately our normal schedule was not meant to be today.  We heard late last night that the boys would be on a two hour delay today for school.  Adrian decided to work from home this morning & take the boys to school so I could still teach my classes at Harcum today.  We were up and moving and getting ready when another call from the school came in saying that AJ's school would be closed all day because of an issue with the pipes.  Adrian decided to work from home for the whole day so he could hang out with AJ.
I headed out to my three classes at Harcum.  They were good classes but we were all kind of dragging, probably from the cold weather.  Adrian dropped Daniel and Zak at school then spent the day with AJ.  I ran a few errands after work and then picked the boys up from school.  I ran around like crazy and got everyone thru homework and got dinner ready just in time to leave to head to the church to work for a few hours tonight.  Thankfully it was a pretty calm night and I was able to rest and get a few things done while also catching up with a few friends.  I got home just in time to help with bedtime and then come down to finish up a few things around the house.  Unfortunately we discovered our disposal is leaking so we need to have someone come look at that soon.  We watched a few comedies and then headed to bed, hoping tomorrow will truly be back to a normal schedule.

Wednesday (1/23) We were thankfully back on our schedule this morning, I think this is going to be a long winter!  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and headed to work while I got the other boys ready for school.  I dropped them off and then ran a few errands before heading into the school for an afternoon of subbing.  I was the music teacher so I floated around for the afternoon before picking up the boys after school and heading home.  They have been begging to go swimming at the Y so since we didn't have anything going on tonight, we headed there after school for a bit.  We had the pool mostly to ourselves, except for swim team practice.  The boys were super excited to swim but a little bummed that the deep end wasn't opened for open swim.
We stayed for about an hour and a half before I dragged them out of the pool so we could head home for dinner.  We got home and got thru dinner and homework before the boys headed upstairs to work on their "movie" that they are developing while I cleaned up from the day.  Adrian was at his small group so I got the boys down to bed and then sat down to relax for a bit.  When Adrian got home, we had snacks & checked out the first episode of "Celebrity Big Brother."  People have been suggesting the show to us so we figured we'd check it out.  It was OK, a little slow to start but we'll give it a few more episodes.

Thursday (1/24) Once again we woke up to a two hour delay for school.  Thankfully Adrian saw it and didn't wake any of the boys up early.  He also let his boss know that he would be in late so he could take the boys to school while I went and taught my classes at Harcum.  We all got up and ready and then I dropped AJ off at school and headed in to teach my three classes.  I ran a few errands between two classes and also practiced for my Aqua Zumba class after the classes.  I was exhausted after all of that and happy to sit in the car to go pick up the boys.  Zak was super excited to tell me all about celebrating the 100th day of school today!!  And Daniel was excited to hear that and figure out that means it's only 80 days until summer break!
When we all got home after a little bit of relaxing, I got the boys thru homework and then they went to work on their movie while I had dinner.  I got ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  Adrian got home a little after I left and got the boys thru dinner and their nighttime routine.  I had a great class, got a few things done at the church and then came home just in time to help with bedtime.  After the boys were in bed, we finished up a few things, got our snacks and settled in to watch a few comedies before heading to bed.  It's been a long and strange week and once again we are ready for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment