Friday, February 1, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/25 - 1/31)

Friday (1/25) And we were back to our regular schedule today, thankfully.  Although with it being so cold, it was very hard to get up and moving.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school and then headed into work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped them off before heading to Meijer to finish up my grocery shopping for the week.  While I was there, I got a text that Zak left his book bag in the car so I had to stop and drop that off on my way home.  Then I went home to wait for the plumber to come and replace our broken garbage disposal.  While I was waiting for him, I was super productive around the house getting caught up on a bunch of stuff, especially laundry!

Before long, it was time for everyone to come home from school.  AJ was dropped off by his bus and told me about his day.  Then I headed up to pick up the other boys from school.  Daniel was super excited to show me his awards from the 2nd quarter assembly for getting straight A's again.  We are very proud of him!  When we all got home, the boys headed upstairs to play video games while I cooked dinner and got ready to work at the church for a few hours tonight.  Adrian hung out with the boys and got them thru dinner and the night routine while I was gone.  When I got home, we did AJ's pick of a family game night playing "Mansions of Mystery."  It was a little slow to get started but fun when we got going.  It's a long game so we only played part of it tonight and we'll finish up another time.  When we were done playing, we got the boys down to bed, made our snacks and watched the season finale of "The Good Place" before heading to bed.  What an interesting show!!
Saturday (1/26) We were up and moving early today for a busy day!  I got up and ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had so much fun with the ladies this morning, this class is such a blessing to me!  While I was there, Adrian took the boys and all four of them got haircuts.  They came home looking fantastic!  We all had a short time at home to eat lunch and get a few things done before Adrian and Zak headed back to the church for Zak's basketball pictures.  Then he picked up the other boys and they all headed to his board game group's weekly meeting.

While they were at that, I went to my first Zumba jam of the year.  I had so much fun dancing with friends and learning amazing choreo!!  I can't wait to bring at least 2, probably 3, of the songs back to my classes.  When the jam was over, I went and picked the boys up to head home so Adrian could do a little gaming alone.  The boys had fun at the group and want to go back again soon.  When we got home, we all had dinner and then it was almost bedtime.  I gave the boys a little bit of time on video games before they did their normal night routine and I got them down to bed.  When they were down, I did a few more things around the house, ate some more snacks and headed to bed too!
 
Sunday (1/27) After the busy day yesterday, I slept like a rock!  Unfortunately I didn't sleep as long as I wanted to because the alarm went off and I had to get up for church.  I had a table at both services for my Zumba classes and got a lot of interest from people.  I've said it before, but I'm so thankful for this opportunity!  Adrian and I also heard a great sermon during second service and the boys enjoyed pancakes and pajamas in their church.  It was a great Sunday morning!  After church, we came home and had a quick lunch before getting ready for the rest of the day.

I headed out to my friend's Aqua Zumba class in the afternoon.  I'm trying to get to as much classes as I can to get ready for when I sub the class in a few weeks.  While I was at class, Adrian got the boys thru a few things around the house and then took them to Martial Arts.  They are getting close to belt tests in just a few weeks!  When class was over, he dropped AJ off at the church and I met them there for One8ty.  It was Nerf gun night & AJ had a great time playing with the other kids.  I joined a few ladies in a knitting/crocheting group for about an hour and started to learn something new.  I wasn't very good at it, it's not a natural talent for me, but I had fun and will keep practicing.  When all of that was over, we got home, had a quick dinner and got the boys down to bed.  I had a few things to finish up so we put the SAG awards on in the background and I worked while we watched before heading to bed to rest up for a busy and cold week ahead!
Monday (1/28) Back to reality for us today.  Adrian got AJ up and ready and dropped off to school before heading to work.  I got the other two boys up and ready and dropped off at school before heading back home to try to get as much done as I could.  I had a fun weekend but didn't get much done and we have a lot to do to get ready for the next two weeks.  I focused on the to do list and got so much accomplished while everyone was at school!!  The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time for the boys to come home from school.  AJ was excited to show us that he got his certificate for all A's last quarter today.  We are so proud of him and how hard he is working!
After everyone was home, we got thru homework quickly and then the boys had a little free time before we had to have dinner and get ready for our busy night.  Adrian got ready and headed to the church with Zak for his first basketball scrimmage.  They both had fun and Zak played well.  I headed up to the church a few minutes later with the other boys.  I taught an awesome Zumba Toning class while Daniel hung out in childcare.  AJ was picked up by his friend and taken to Scouts for his weekly meeting.  We all had a great night and finally came back together just in time for bed.  We got the boys down and Adrian and I finished up the SAG awards and headed to bed too.   Busy Monday!

Tuesday (1/29) We had another normal day today, although looking at the forecast, this will probably be the last one for a while, maybe all week.  Adrian got AJ up and out to school before heading to work.  I got the other two boys ready and dropped off at school before heading to Harcum for my three Silver Sneakers classes.  All three classes were packed, probably because most of them won't be leaving the house for the next two days.  We had fun in the classes and I also got a little bit of practice for my Aqua Dance class in between classes.  When I was done my last class, I headed into school to volunteer in Zak's class.  I did sight words with about half of the class.  While I was there, I heard that due to the extreme cold temperatures school would be closed tomorrow.

When school was done for the day, we headed home to pick up AJ and then headed to the pediatrician for his med check.  He is doing great, growing and the medicine is working to help with the ADHD.  After the appointment we came home and enjoyed pasta for dinner together.  When Adrian got home from work, I headed out to run a few errands since everyone would be home tomorrow.  I was out for about 2 hours and when I got home, our garage door had frozen shut!  It's gonna be super cold here for the next few days!  When I got home, I helped with the boys' bedtime and then Adrian and I watched a few comedies before heading to bed, but not before I turned off my alarm for tomorrow morning.

Wednesday (1/30) We all got to sleep in this morning because of the polar vortex.  School is cancelled so we have very little on the calendar today.  Adrian did have to head into work this morning while the rest of us stayed home and warm.  The boys wanted a day to do nothing and I can't blame them because we've been running like crazy.  They spent the day playing video games and watching TV with just a little bit of homework sprinkled in.  I ran out to Aldi and Meijer to finish up my shopping for the week in the afternoon and was happy to hear that school will be closed again tomorrow because of the cold temperatures.  After dinner, I headed to the Y to be a student in one of my friend's Zumba classes.  I had SO much fun dancing with friends and just letting loose and being a student.  He's a little higher intensity than me so I'm feeling it tonight!  When I got home, I helped get the boys to bed, finished cleaning up and then watched two comedies before heading to bed for the night.  So thankful to have a warm house right now!!
Thursday (1/31)We got to sleep in again today because the boys are off for the continuing polar vortex.  Adrian got up and headed to work and I got up soon after him to get ready to go teach my classes.  I headed to Harcum and taught my two morning classes, thankfully we had thought ahead and got a sub for my afternoon class.  I didn't have many students, but it was enough to get a good workout and have fun!  After class, I headed home and got the boys thru lunch, showers and all of their homework.  Then they spent the rest of the day playing video games while I got a bunch of stuff done around the house, cooked dinner and got ready for Zumba class tonight.  After pasta for dinner, I headed to the church with Daniel & Zak.  The cold didn't stop my students and I had a full, fun class!!  While we were there, Adrian took AJ to shop for the other two boys' birthdays.  When we all got home, we got ready for bed, even though there is a good chance the boys will not have school again tomorrow.  After they were down for the night, Adrian and I watched a few comedies and then headed to bed too.  As we were heading up, we saw it is snowing so we will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment