Sunday, January 13, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 13 - Jan 19)

We did a great job last week of sticking to our meal plan and getting back to healthy eating.  My schedule changed on Friday and I ended up subbing all day at school and then having very little time before I had to be at the church to work at night.  So instead of stressing out about cooking that night, I bumped the meals up a day and we had leftovers that night.  It worked out perfectly and I used my limited time to get in a workout and get a few things done around the house.  I planned to have a designated leftover day every week but after Friday Adrian and I decided it might be better to plan to cook each day and then have the leftovers ready for schedule changes so that's what we're going to do for now and see how that works.

One of the highlights last week for sure were the Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers.  They were pretty easy to make and super good.  I'm sure we'll be making them again!  This week is a relatively light week for us, at least as it stands right now.  We'll see how things change over the week if they stay light or not.  I'm still sticking to a wide variety of food choices and trying to stay as healthy as possible.  I am also making sure we have enough pasta, sandwich stuff and salad stuff on hand if we need to change plans and throw something together.
Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops with Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
Monday - Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
Tuesday - Burrito Zoodles
Wednesday - Chicken & Kale Stir Fry
Thursday - Garlic Shrimp Linguine
Friday - Butternut Squash Chili
Saturday - Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Water Flavor - Plum again because I still have a few more to use up and last week it was delicious!!

Overnight Oats - I am excited to be back to eating these.  I set up the oats for last week before checking in with Adrian.  He isn't eating them anymore so I have a lot leftover from last week.  I won't need to set them up until Wednesday or Thursday this week.  I'll be setting up peanut butter oats to use up the powdered peanut butter that we have.  And if I need another flavor I have a blueberry yogurt I can use too.

Use It Up - I'm using up some stew meat that we got from my brother when he bought a cow recently.  I'm also using up the second half of a butternut squash and some of the powdered peanut butter that I have.  I am also going to make black beans in my instant pot for Tuesday's meal and use them up in Friday and Saturday's recipes.  If that doesn't use them all up, I'll figure out something for next week to finish them up.

Lunches - I am loving taco salads for lunch!!  I will probably make one or two more this week.  The other days I will either have leftovers or salad using the lunchmeat that we have opened.  I may also hard boil some eggs this week if I think I need them for lunches or snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment