Monday, January 21, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 20 - Jan 26)

We had another great week of sticking to our meal plan!  Once again, our Friday night plan didn't work out right.  I subbed all day and we had to leave for Pete the Cat pretty early so we just had leftovers that night.  We bumped that meal to Saturday and then the planned meal from Saturday to this week.  I think this is working out better to have leftovers one night but not have a planned night for them.  We just have leftovers when our schedule gets a little crazy.  I'm also super excited about my new spiralizer that I got for Christmas and can't wait to use it more often!!  It's super easy and the "noodles" come out amazing.

This is a weird week for us.  We all have Monday off for MLK day but still have our night activities.  The rest of the week I have something every night and Saturday afternoon so that will make cooking a little tricky.  I have planned some easy meals and crockpot meals but I'm still not convinced I'll be able to stick to this plan.  We have plenty of options for salad, sandwiches, pasta and leftovers if I don't cook a few days.  I also have zucchini so we can have zoodles & meatballs one night too for a quick meal.  We're motivated to eat healthy and not eat out so I'm confident it will work out!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Monday - Buffalo Ranch Pork Chops with String Beans
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Happy Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash
Thursday - BBQ Chicken Quinoa Casserole
Friday - Veggie Fajita Bowls
Saturday - Turkey Salsa Chili

Water Flavor - Citrus.  I have an orange to use and then I bought lemons so I'm setting that up for this week.

Overnight Oats - I've been loving the peanut butter ones with chocolate chips added to them.  I'll make another batch of those for this week and then a berry flavored one with the flavored yogurt that I have.  Adrian still isn't eating these so I'm making less each week.  I'm also subbing a breakfast here and there with a protein shake to use those up as well.

Use it Up - I'm really only using up a spaghetti squash this week, which I've been trying to use for the past two weeks!  I'm also using up some things in the oats like the PB2 and the shakes in place of the oats.  I didn't really look around at what I have this week, I'll have to try to do better next week.

Lunches - I'll mostly be having salads this week, especially taco salads after Tuesday.  And I'll also probably have leftovers because we have a lot in the fridge right now.  It's not the most excited week but again we're super busy and I'm going for easy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment