Sunday, September 30, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 30 - Oct 6)

Last week we did pretty good sticking to our meal plan until Friday when I was exhausted after a long week and just didn't feel like cooking.  Maybe it's that meal choice of paprika chicken - I keep bumping it from week to week.  The problem is that it takes an hour to cook it and I often don't have an hour to cook.  But I took the drumsticks out so I will be making it this week for sure.  I have very little going on tomorrow during the day so I may make it and then Adrian can heat it up for his dinner since I will be eating at life group.  If I don't do it tomorrow, I will definitely do it on Tuesday.  I have the meat out for both of those meals so they will be made no matter what.  Plus we are going to run out of leftovers eventually if I don't cook sometime!

This week is another busy one with something going on every night and most days jam packed for me as well.  Our weekend is also pretty full with Scout events both Friday night and all day on Saturday.  Then Saturday Adrian, AJ and Zak are camping out with the Scouts while Daniel and I head to my brother's house for a quick visit before sleeping at home in our nice, comfy beds.  So I won't be cooking that night for sure.  I'm also not planning on cooking on Wednesday because I sub all day, then have to teach a Zumba class and then work at church.  I will pretty much be gone for 12 hours.  Adrian will be home in the evening with the boys but I'm hoping if I cook on Monday and Tuesday, he won't have to cook on Weds since he'll have his hands full getting thru homework.

I'm still trying to clean out my freezer but I'm honestly not doing very well.  I haven't been updating my list on what's in the freezer and I keep getting really good deals on meat so I buy it.  And my brother bought a pig and a cow last week so I'm buying some of that meat from him too.  I am holding on to my old list and trying to eat the things that are on that list first.  We did make the last box of frozen cookies yesterday so now all of the cookies are gone.  The boys are working on the ice cream cake and I am not buying them any more ice cream until they eat what we have.  That will make a good dent in what was in the freezer. 

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Chinese take out - We're exhausted after Adrian was camping & I had a rough night with the other boys.  Easy, comfort food for dinner!
Monday - Paprika Chicken & Rice - for real this time!!  Plus I'm making guacamole for my small group to enjoy.
Tuesday - Sausage, Rice & Spinach Skillet
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Taco Pasta in my Instant Pot (my best friend right now!)
Friday - Stuffed Acorn Squash
Saturday - Out - Adrian, AJ & Zak are camping & Daniel and I are going to Carl's

Water Flavor - Peach again, probably the last time.  I am almost done with all of my fresh picked peaches.  I'm hoping we can go pick apples but I'm not sure it's in the cards this year.

Overnight Oats - I did another double batch with applesauce to keep using up the applesauce I found in my garage.  And I did a double batch of plain, which is chocolate right now since I'm using up the chocolate syrup that was in my fridge.

Use it Up - A lot of it is already written above but I'm using up peaches in my water, applesauce & chocolate syrup in my oats, acorn squash that I got a great deal on, avocados and tomatoes before they turn in my guacamole plus ground sausage that is the freezer in the stuffing for the squash.

Lunches - I will probably have salad every day because I have a lot of lettuce and tomatoes to use up.  I may go out to lunch with friends on Thursday, I will have to see how my week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment