Saturday, September 8, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/31 - 9/6)

Friday (8/31) We survived the week - just barely!  And today started way earlier than any of us wanted it to when the boys had us up at 4:30am.  Both Zak and Daniel were up around then for the day.  We had a rough time getting AJ out the door on time, probably because there were so many distractions with his brothers up too.  But we managed to get him on the bus and get Adrian out to work on time this morning.  Then I got the other boys and myself ready to head into school.  I was subbing all day so we walked up early so I could be there and be ready to start my day.

I had a great day of subbing and really had fun with the students in the class.  When the day was over, I had a quick meeting with the speech therapist about starting Zak in speech and then we walked home ready to start our long weekend.  The boys immediately started playing video games while I relaxed and got dinner ready.  Adrian had an eye doctor appointment so he went there after work and the came home to have a quick dinner before heading out with AJ for the night.

AJ's Boy Scout troop had been asked to raise the flag at the home opener for the Licking Heights High School football team so he went and did that tonight.  He and Adrian had a great time watching the first half of the game and especially watching the halftime show with the bands.  AJ was really excited and said he wants to join that band in a few years.  While they were there, I hung out here with the other boys.  Daniel and I played two games of Machi Koro and he beat me at both.  It was a nice relaxing night here.  When everyone was home, we all had snacks and then we got the boys down to bed.  Adrian needed to fix his car so he worked on that and I went to bed super early because I was exhausted.  So ready for a long weekend and lots of rest!
Saturday (9/1) We all got to sleep in this morning!!  Then we had a lazy morning of TV and coffee before we got ready to head to my brother's house for Vinnie's birthday party.  The boys had a great time running around with all of the kids and Adrian and I had fun watching the OSU game and chatting with the other adults.  We were there way longer than we expected because we were all having a good time.  Unfortunately when we chose to leave we drove thru a horrible storm on the way home and it took us forever to get here.
After a quick stop at Jets for pizza, we finally got home and were ready to start our night.  We enjoyed our pizza together and then the boys went to play upstairs for a big while I got a few things done downstairs.  Then it was time for family movie night.  This week was Zak's pick and we watched "Wreck it Ralph."  It was a great movie!!  I'm surprised I haven't seen it before.  We all enjoyed it and are excited for the second part in a few months.  After the movie, we got the boys to bed and Adrian watched the end of the Michigan game while I got a few more things done around the house.  We finished our bottle of Coopers Hawk sweet red and headed to bed before a busy day again tomorrow.

Sunday (9/2) Today we got to sleep in again and it felt great!  We were planning on heading to Zoombeezi Bay for our last time of the summer, plus it's Zak's pick for this week, but Adrian woke up having some serious stomach issues so swimming was not a great idea.  Instead we kicked it into high gear and worked on our giant to do lists.  Our plan for this weekend in addition to having some fun was to finish everything on our lists so we are caught up and ready to go into a super busy month.  We did a great job of getting stuff done, including rearranging a few things and getting the loft to finally look like we wanted it to as the boys' video game room.  It was not a fun day, but it was super productive!  We finished almost all of our items on the list and I think I'll be able to finish everything else tomorrow after we go to Zoombeezi Bay for a while.  We did have a surprise fireworks show in our front yard before the boys went to bed.  Our neighbor does one every year and we thought we missed it because we didn't see it around July 4th.  Thankfully they waited until today and we got to see it.  Such a fun ending to a not super fun night!
Monday (9/3) We all slept in again this morning!!  I did set my alarm to get up at the normal time... but when it went off I turned it off and climbed back in to bed.  I'm sure I needed the rest!  When we all got up we got ready pretty quickly to head up to Zak's pick for the weekend - Zoombeezi Bay.  Unfortunately when we got there, we saw there were a TON of people there.  We decided not to bother fighting the crowds so we turned around and headed downtown instead to play in the fountains for a little bit.  The boys had fun playing and when they were done we got to walk across the bridge to get to our car.  The boys loved seeing downtown and Dad's office from the bridge on our way across.
After playing for a bit we went out to lunch at Zak's pick, Red Robin.  We all enjoyed a delicious (and huge!) lunch and the boys had fun doing the games on the kids' menus.  It was a great meal out, I'm so thankful it is getting easier to go out to eat with them!  After lunch we came home and the boys played video games while Adrian and I got the last few things on our to do lists done.  Then he headed out to a new board game store in our area to check it out.  Around dinner time I finally crossed everything off my to do list and feel ready for the week, well at least for tomorrow.  We spent the rest of the night relaxing, playing and watching TV.  It was a really great 3 day weekend and I'm glad we were able to be productive and also have a fun time!

Tuesday (9/4) It was rough getting back to our routine after the long weekend, but we got everyone up and out on time today.  We really struggled to get AJ out on time so we decided starting tomorrow he'll get up a little bit earlier to make our mornings a little less stressful.  After I got AJ on the bus, Adrian out to work and dropped Daniel and Zak off, I headed over to the Harcum Center for my Silver Sneakers classes.  Today I started a new schedule and now teach there classes every day there.  My classes have become so popular that we need to spread the people out more so we added an afternoon class in hopes of doing that.  We also changed the middle class to a little bit more cardio than the other two classes since people were asking for that as well.

I had a great time teaching all three classes but I was beat when I finished!  But I didn't have time to rest because I was scheduled to go in and sub for the last hour and a half of the school day in a 1st grade classroom.  Thankfully those kids were amazing and we had a great afternoon together!  Then I picked up my boys and we headed home to get ready for a busy night.  We had a minor bump in the road when I got home to find out that AJ lost his phone on his bus.  Thankfully his drive had it and it only required a trip to transportation to pick it up!

After we got back from that craziness, I got all of the boys thru dinner and homework and then headed out to be Uber mom for soccer practices.  I dropped Zak off at his practice and then drove across town to drop Daniel off at his practice.  Then I had to fly back across town to pick Zak up from practice.  And all of this in 100 degree heat!  Finally I got to head home and eat my dinner and Adrian ran out to pick up Daniel.  When we were all home, we got the boys thru their nighttime routine and everyone went right to sleep, clearly worn out from the day.  Adrian and I watched the last two episodes of "American Vandal."  It was a great show, I recommend it if you haven't seen it!

Wednesday (9/5) Today we got AJ up about 10 minutes earlier and the morning went so much better!!  Of course his bus was late again this morning but at least we were all calm when we were waiting for it.  Then after I got him on the bus and Adrian off to work, I got myself and the other boys ready.  I walked them up to school since it wasn't too hot yet this morning and then I headed out to run a bunch of errands this morning.  I got a ton of things crossed off my list today and it felt great!  I ran errands out of the house all morning, then got stuff done in the house this afternoon.  I'm still caught up for this week and I even got a few things done that I planned to do tomorrow.  It's a great feeling to have the time to do what I need to do.

Before I knew it, it was time to get AJ off the bus and pick up the other boys.  I walked up to get them since it was cloudy, even though it was still very hot!  We got home and I got everyone set up with homework before I headed out to the Y to teach my Zumba class.  It was a small class and I was off the whole class but we still had fun and boy did we sweat!  After class, I ran back to the church to work as a facilities rep for the night while Adrian hung out at home with the boys.  When I got home, we got them thru their night time routine and again everyone went right to sleep.  Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house and then watched a few episodes of "The New Girl" before heading to bed too.

Thursday (9/6) We got AJ up early again today and again our morning went way more smooth!  Adrian and I got him on the bus and then Adrian left for work.  I got ready for my busy day and got the other boys up and ready for school.  They asked to walk to school and even though it's still super hot I said we could walk.  After I dropped them off, I headed over to the Harcum Center for another full day of classes.  I taught my three classes there and they all went really well again.  After class, I ran to the church to make sure everything was set up for my new Zumba class that starts later tonight and then headed home to get everyone from school for the day.

I got AJ off the bus and walked up to the school to pick up the other boys.  We got quickly thru homework and then I made pasta for dinner since Daniel and Zak requested it.  After a quick dinner, I headed out and dropped Zak off at his soccer practice, then headed to the church to teach my first Zumba class there.  It went awesome!!  I had about 17 people there and everyone loved it!  I'm so happy it went so well.  While I was there, Adrian dropped Daniel off at soccer, picked Zak up from soccer and then picked Daniel up.  Our Thursdays are brutal!  When we all got home, we got the boys ready for bed and then came down and finished cleaning up from dinner.  I was exhausted so we had snacks, watched a little of the Eagles/Falcons game to kick off the NFL season and then I headed to bed.  Adrian stayed up until the end of the game but I was just too exhausted after the long, but fun, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment