Sunday, September 23, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 23 - Sept 29)

Last week was a rough week and I was drained most of the week, especially towards the end of the week.  I had a really hard time sticking to my meal plan, even though it was pretty easy.  I ran out of time on Thursday to make the dinner I had planned so we pushed it to Friday but then Adrian got stuck at work late so I didn't make it then either.  It has been pushed to this week.  Thankfully we had a lot of leftovers and we were all still able to eat without having to eat out or eating too unhealthy.

This week we are super busy again and it will be this way until the end of October and soccer season.  I have plans for meals every day but I'm honestly not sure I will make them all.  The two crock pot meals will yield a lot of leftovers so at least we will have things to eat all week.  I'm eating out at events Sunday and Monday night and Adrian is out Wednesday night and going camping Saturday night so there are also a lot of nights that we won't eat together.  If I'm too tired, or too stressed, I won't cook those nights and we will eat the leftovers.

I'm late writing this so I can tell you that we tried to do the big lunch option today and it did not work.  We were going to have Italian Chicken Sandwiches but by the time I got up and started to get the meal together, it would have taken too long to cook in the crock pot before Adrian needed to leave for swimming.  We had picked a slow cooker meal so that it would be ready when we got home from church but since I slept in that back fired on us.  We did have Reuben sandwiches and salads and they were delicious and very filling for our lunch.  And we'll have leftovers for dinner tonight.  I'll try again next week and hopefully it will go better.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Reubens & Salad
Monday - Italian Chicken Sandwiches
Tuesday - Pineapple Shrimp Fajitas
Wednesday - Vegetable Soup
Thursday - Salisbury Steak Meatballs over mashed potatoes
Friday - Paprika Chicken & Rice
Saturday - Leftovers

Water Flavor - I'm going to do peach again because it was delicious and I still have a lot of peaches to use up.

Overnight Oats - I have two days worth of oats left from last week so I don't have to make them right now.  But if I have time today I will still get them set up so I don't have to worry about it Tuesday night.  I will be making them with applesauce that I found in my garage that I want to use up.  I will make two batches of that and then two batches using any flavored yogurt that I have in the fridge.

Use It Up - I'm using up my peaches in the water, applesauce in the oats and all of my veggies that are in the fridge in the garage.  I'm also continuing to use up the chocolate sauce that is opened in my fridge in my oats and I'm going to make the last batch of cookies on Saturday night with Daniel & Zak while AJ and Adrian are camping.  The boys are also using up all of the ice cream that I have in the freezers.  I'm refusing to buy them more until they eat all that we have.

Lunches - I will be having salads all week since I bought more lettuce at Costco last week.  I have some ham and turkey opened that need to be used up as well.  I think I'm going out to lunch on Thursday as well so that will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment