Friday, September 14, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/7 - 9/13)

Friday (9/7) After a fantastic night of sleep, the alarm felt early this morning!  But Adrian and I got up and moving and got AJ on the bus on time.  He left for work and I got ready to head to school.  I was subbing all day and there was a chance of rain so we drove up to school to make sure we didn't get stuck up there in the rain.  I subbed in a great 2nd grade class all day but was exhausted at the end of the day.  We all got home from school and the 3 boys headed upstairs to play video games and I thankfully got a short break to sit on the couch and watch some reality TV.  Then I cooked a delicious pot of chili for dinner before heading out to a Cub Scout Committee meeting.  It was a shorter meeting than I was expecting and I got home in time to hang with everyone for a little before the boys headed to bed.  Adrian and I were both tired so we just had a quick snack, watched two episodes of "The New Girl" and headed to bed for the night.
Saturday (9/8) Today started earlier than I would have liked but for good reason - I have another Zumba class starting at the church this morning.  We had another great group (all new people from Thursday) and had a fun and sweaty class.  After class I ran a few quick errands and then headed home since our entire day was rained out!  Since it rained all day, we just had a lazy day at home.  The boys played video games, finished all of the homework, helped with some cleaning and played together.  Adrian and I got a bunch of stuff done around the house and watched college football.  Adrian and Daniel did sneak out for haircuts this morning as well.  It was a fantastic lazy day and exactly what we needed after a super busy week!

After a delicious turkey dinner, we settled in for family movie night.  It was my pick so we finally watched "Wonder Woman."  We baked cookies for the occasion as well.  Adrian and I loved the movie!!  We thought it was great, easily the best DC movie yet.  The boys thought it was OK but a little too much story and not enough action for them.  I can understand their point, probably why I liked it so much.  After the movie, we put the boys to bed, got a few things straightened up and then were ready to go to bed too.  Unfortunately Zak was having trouble sleeping so he came down and slept with Adrian on the sofas.  He was up for a while, probably because he had a bunch of cookies during the movie!
Sunday (9/9) In addition to Zak having trouble sleeping, Daniel also had a bad dream and came into my room about 3:00 in the morning.  It was hard for me to get back to sleep after that but I eventually did.  Then we had a lazy morning before getting moving to get ready for second service at church.  I was volunteering in childcare so I headed back there while the boys went to their classes and Adrian went into service.  After service, the church broke ground on their expansion project.  Even though it was cold and rainy, we were proud to be a part of it and help them break ground.  I'm so excited about this project and all of the cool things our church is doing!!
After breaking ground, Adrian headed home with the boys while I went to work at the church as a facilities rep.  I trained a new person to help us out and then got a bunch of stuff done while I was working.  While I was there, Adrian finished up some stuff around the house and took Zak to swim lessons at the Y.  Other than refusing to dive off the high board, he did really well in his lesson.  Then we all met at Martial Arts for the boys' weekly class.  The boys learned foot strikes (kicks) and had a blast learning them!  They all did a great job during class and I enjoyed watching them.
 
After Martial Arts, we split up again.  Adrian took Daniel and Zak home to make dinner and finish up a few things around the house.  AJ and I headed to a pizza party at the church for the kick off of the youth group, One8ty, at our church.  AJ is excited to join the youth group & I will be helping lead the junior high girls small group discussion each week.  He had fun playing dodge ball, eating pizza and learning a little about God tonight.  I'm excited for this new chapter with him!  When the party was over, we headed home and I ate dinner while the boys finished up a few things and got ready for bed.  After we got them in bed for the night, we watched the recording of the Cowboys game.  I'm excited football is back!!  Unfortunately the game didn't as we would have liked and the Cowboys lost.  I'm hoping the Jets fair better tomorrow or we may be in for a long season!
Monday (9/10) After staying up a little too late watching football last time, the alarms felt early this morning.  But we got up and moving and got AJ on the bus and Adrian out to work.  Since I wasn't working, I got the other two boys up and dropped off to school and then went and ran a bunch of errands so I'm all set for the week.  I also did a bunch of stuff around the house that I didn't get to this weekend.  It was a very productive day and it flew by!  Before I knew it, it was time to get everyone from school.  Thankfully it finally stopped raining so I walked up to pick up Daniel and Zak and when we got home, AJ was home too.
I got everyone thru homework and a quick dinner before we split up for our evening activities.  I took Daniel and Zak and went to check out a life group for my church.  It is one of the things that I have been missing for the past few years and I'm excited to jump back into a small group.  The boys had fun playing with the other kids in the group.  Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting.  They tasted all of this year's popcorn and we are ready to start selling it this weekend.  When we all got home, we put the boys to bed and then Adrian and I watched the recording of the Jets kick off game.  Other than the first play, the game was awesome!!  I enjoyed watching the Jets play and win big!  I wish it wasn't on so late because I'll pay for it tomorrow, but it was so worth it.

Tuesday (9/11) As predicted, it was very hard to get up and moving this morning.  But we did and got AJ on the bus in time and Adrian off to work for the day.  Then I got ready and dropped Daniel and Zak off at school before heading out to the Harcum Center to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  Since I get a break between class 2 and 3, I met a friend for lunch at First Watch which is right near the Harcum.  We had a nice lunch, enjoying good food and great conversation.  After lunch, I taught my third class and then headed in to volunteer in Zak's class for about an hour.  I'm glad it works out that I can come in at the end of the day to help out, even if it's just for a short time.

After we all got home from school, Adrian and I headed over to Central for parent teacher conferences with AJ's teachers.  We got all really great feedback from the teachers.  He's doing really well and seems to be adjusting to middle school just fine.  A few said in the last few days he has really started to show some more confidence and has started to participate which is great for him this early in the year!!  After the conferences we came home and Adrian had a quick dinner with AJ and Daniel and then did homework with them while Zak and I headed to his Cub Scout kick off picnic.  He had a blast running around in the mud with the other Scouts while I helped out with serving all of the guests.  It was a fun night for both of us!
 
When we got home, Zak was super dirty so he headed straight to the bath.  Then we did our normal night routine of snack and show and then bed for the boys.  After we got them down to bed, we finished up a few things around the house and then watched two episodes of "The New Girl" before we headed to bed too.  We're enjoying the show more now, it's getting better as it goes.  But we would like to find something else to watch too since we have another two weeks before our shows come back on the networks. 
Wednesday (9/12) After a great night of sleep, we all got up and moving early as usual.  Adrian and I got AJ on the bus and then he left for work for the day.  I got ready for a full day of subbing and then got the other boys ready for school.  We headed in to school early so I could get ready for my day.  I had an awesome day subbing in kindergarten!  I've been so lucky with the classes I am subbing in, they have all been fantastic.  The only downside of the day was that Zak forgot his book bag in the car when we got to school.  Thankfully the teacher I was subbing for was in school doing testing so I ran to the car to get it to him.  We had a long talk about how he has to take his book bag to school every single day!

After school, I ran home to drop the boys off and change clothes and then headed to teach my Zumba class at the Y.  It's getting a lot harder to get to that class at 4:15 so I may need to either change the time or give it up next session.  We had a great, sweaty class and had a lot of fun dancing and laughing!  After class I headed back home and we had a rare night with nothing going on.  We enjoyed dinner together as a family and then got thru the boys homework together.  Then the boys played for a while and Adrian and I got caught up on a few things around the house.  After we got the boys down to bed, we decided to look for a new Netflix show to check out.  We tried "Atypical" and I loved it!!  Unfortunately as we were getting ready to head to bed, Zak came down and wanted to sleep downstairs with Adrian.  So they camped out on the couches and I headed to bed.

Thursday (9/13) Zak wasn't the only one who had trouble sleeping last night.  Daniel came into my room at about 3am and said he couldn't sleep.  Thankfully once he crawled into bed with me we were both able to fall back asleep for a while.  I did not want to get up when the alarm went off but I did.  We got AJ out and on the bus on time and Adrian off to work.  Then I got ready and got the other boys up and ready for school.  I dropped them off and headed over to Harcum for another long day.  I taught three classes there and ran errands on my break between class 2 and 3.  All of my classes were fun and had a lot of students in them and we all laughed a lot.  After class, I went home and relaxed for a little bit before I had to get everyone from school.

The bus dropped AJ off and I walked up to pick up Daniel and Zak.  When we got home, I gave them all 30 minutes of free time and then we got to work on homework since we had a busy night.  When homework was done, we all had tacos for dinner and then split up for the night.  I dropped Zak off at soccer practice and headed to the church to teach a very hot but fun Zumba class.  Adrian took Daniel to practice and then picked both Zak and Dan up when their practice was over.  AJ stayed home and made sure to hold down the fort.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and cleaned up from the dinner mess.  Then we checked in on the game and saw it wasn't close so we watched the second episode of "Atypical."  After that we were exhausted so we headed to bed for the night, hoping everyone stayed in their own beds tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment