Sunday, September 2, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 2 - Sept 8)

Last week was a tough week and we had some struggles with getting up, getting thru homework and finishing things we needed to get done.  But we made it thru and are enjoying the long weekend!  We mostly kept to our meal plan for last week.  The only meal we didn't make was the one we had planned for yesterday.  We stayed at my brother's house for Vinnie's birthday party a lot longer than we were planning so we just picked up Jets pizza on our way home.  The boys were so excited!  It's been a while since we treated them to Jets.

This week starts slow since everyone is off on Monday but then we pick up super busy as the week goes on.  We have lots of soccer this week and I add four new classes to my teaching schedule.  Subbing in the schools is also picking up for me so that is taking some of my time during the week as well.  I will need to be very disciplined to stick to our meal plan going forward as I will have very little time to get dinner on the table most nights.  We are really trying to continue to eat healthy though and it is so important to have a plan to maintain that.

I am continuing to use up things that we have in the freezer and pantry as well.  Last week I used up a lot of things including a box of frozen cookies, chocolate syrup (in our overnight oats), chicken thighs (for our tacos) and all of the frozen broth that I had.  Unfortunately the pulled pork I made last weekend has created a new thing to use up - an open bottle of Dr. Pepper.  You will notice that I am making multiple meals using that as a base this week.  I will make that with vegetables for just about every meal this week.  I'm also trying to use up all of the pulled pork I made last Sunday.  It sounded good in theory to make that huge amount but we have a lot leftover now.  I see lots of pork tacos and nachos for lunches and leftover night this week!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Kale and Red Pepper Frittata - carryover from last week & using up egg beaters I have
Monday - Dr Pepper Meatballs - using up the Dr Pepper & a quick meal because we'll be out all day
Tuesday - Southwest Pulled Pork Bowls - using up the pulled pork
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Dr Pepper Chili - using up the Dr Pepper
Friday - Dr Pepper Chicken - using up the Dr Pepper
Saturday - Turkey - I have 2 in the freezer so I need to make them.  Our menu next week will revolve around leftover turkey.  Yum!

Water Flavor - Apple again until they are all used up.  They are nearly gone, this will probably be the last week for them.  I will need to think ahead for next week to make sure I have something.

Overnight Oats - I have like two days already made from last week and I'm sure we won't eat them tomorrow.  So I will probably only do one double batch and see where that gets up.  I have some pumpkin that I need to use up so I'll be using that and chocolate chips to flavor the oats until that is used up.

Use it Up - Again, I'm focusing on the open bottle of Dr Pepper for sure this week.  I'm also still using up some veggies that I have in the fridge.  And I plan to make a second box of cookies from the freezer for our movie night this week.  We're watching "Wonder Woman" and I have Justice League cookies.  And I'm still working on the frozen meat in the freezer, the apples, the pumpkin and the pulled pork.  As of now I barely have to do any shopping for this week which is very nice since I'm using everything that I have!

Lunches - My lunches will mostly be salads because I need to use up some lettuce and avocados.  I also may have pork tacos or nachos if I am home for any of my lunches this week.  My new schedule will have me eating on the go on both Tuesdays and Thursdays and then any days I sub as well.  Lots of sandwiches and salads on the horizon for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment