Friday, October 5, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/28 - 10/4)

Friday (9/28) It was tough to get up and moving this morning but we all dragged ourselves out of bed on time.  We got AJ ready and Adrian took him to school then headed to work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped them off at school then headed to the Y to sub two Zumba classes for my friend who is still on vacation.  I had a great time dancing with everyone but I struggled to get thru the second class after teaching so many classes yesterday.  When class was over, I headed to Kroger and Aldi to finish up my grocery shopping for the week.  Then I came home to try to get as much done as possible and regain control of my kitchen.

The afternoon passed quickly and soon it was time to get everyone from school.  I walked up to get Daniel and Zak because it was so nice outside!  When we all got home, we had some free time and then got ready for a family night out.  After a quick dinner of leftovers, we headed out to the Schottenstein Center to see "Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes!"  We all loved the show!  Zak was a little overwhelmed and scared at first but he calmed down and enjoyed it.  The other boys loved every minute of it.  Some of our favorite parts were Spiderman, the motorcycle tricks and of course the Hulk.  Groot was also very cool and very talented to do the whole show on stilts!  When the show was over, we fought the traffic to get home and had a quick snack before heading to bed.  It was a long week but ended with a great night of family time!
 
 
Saturday (9/29) After a late night, we all got a great night of sleep and most of us slept in a little.  I had to get up early to get ready to teach my Zumba class at church.  I had a small class this morning but we all had fun!  While I was there, Adrian got Zak up and ready for his soccer game which they won 8-5 over Zak's team from last season.  When we all got home, we got a few things done around the house then got ready to head out to Daniel's soccer game in the afternoon.  I watched Daniel's team win big this afternoon, 6-1 and he played great!
While I was at the game with Daniel, Adrian got ready to head out to go camping with AJ and his Scout troop.  They just went to a park in the next town, but it's still a lot of work to pack everything up for the night.  They headed out soon after we got home from soccer.  I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Zak and Daniel while trying to get as much done from my to do list as possible.  I was pretty productive and got more than half of my list finished.  The boys played together really nice all day and barely needed me.  After they went to bed, I continued to work around the house until it was time for me to go to bed too.  I took advantage of Adrian not being here to not watch the OSU game, although I did flip to it from time to time while I was working.  And I watched the last few minutes which was the best part, Go Bucks!
 
Sunday (9/30) We all got a horrible night of sleep last night!  Daniel woke up around 2am and could not fall back asleep.  Just when he was about to go back to bed (around 4:30am) Zak came in ready to be awake for the day.  I yelled at everyone (I had only had about 3 hours of sleep!) and sent them all back to their rooms.  They did go back to sleep and I thankfully got a few more hours of sleep too.  Zak did end up back in bed with me, I'm not sure when he came back.  I finally got up and moving around 8:30 but I was dragging all day.  Adrian and AJ got a good night of sleep on their camp out and got home around 9:30 this morning.  They said they had fun camping, AJ said he really liked playing capture the flag.

After we caught up, I got ready to head to church to volunteer in childcare for the second service.  Then as I was going to pick up lunch, I got a text from Daniel's friend that he was able to hang out today so Adrian fed Daniel quickly while I grabbed lunch for AJ, Adrian and myself.  While we were eating, Ethan arrived to play with Daniel.  The boys all had a great time playing together, mostly playing video games and watching YouTube videos.  While they played, Adrian and I watched football and worked around the house.
 
After Ethan left, we set up our Halloween decorations as a family and then had a quick dinner.  The boys had a few things to finish up for the weekend so they did that and then we relaxed with snacks and TV.  We blew off swim lessons, Martial Arts and One8ty today because everyone was tired and wasn't feeling great, probably from the lack of sleep.  We'll be back to our normal schedule next weekend for sure.  We got the boys to bed early and they all went straight to sleep.  Adrian and I finished a few things and then finally watched the premier of "Survivor" before heading to bed too.

Monday (10/1) It was a struggle for us to get up this morning after the rough weekend.  But we did get up and moving on time.  Adrian took AJ to school and since Zak was up super early, he and I played a few games of "Sleeping Queens" before we got ready for the day.  I dropped Daniel and Zak off at school before heading over to Central for AJ's IEP meeting.  I got a great report on him and we have a good plan in place for him for this next school year.  After the meeting, I ran a few errands and then came home and got a bunch of stuff done around the house.
Then it was time to get everyone from school.  I got everyone situated at home and then headed out to sub a Zumba class at the Y for a friend who is on vacation.  I had fun dancing with everyone and seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while.  Then I came home and got the boys thru dinner before splitting up for the night.  I left with Daniel and Zak and went to small group where I enjoyed dinner and great conversation with them.  Adrian took AJ to Scouts and found out that over the weekend at the camping trip, AJ earned his Tenderfoot rank.  He is SO excited!!  He will get his award next week at the Court of Honor.  We are very proud of him!  When we all got home, we got the boys to bed and then sat down to watch "The Good Place."  We didn't realize it was an hour long premier so we watched part of it and then headed to bed because we were both exhausted after the weekend!

Tuesday (10/2) We all got up and moving a little better than yesterday after a good night of sleep.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got Daniel, Zak and myself ready to head out as well.  I dropped them off at school then headed to Harcum to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  In between class 2 and 3 I ran and did some grocery shopping for the week.  After class, I was supposed to go volunteer in Zak's class but I was asked to sub instead so I subbed in a 1st grade class for the last two hours of the school day then picked the boys up and headed home.  While he was at school, AJ had to be evacuated due to a threat that was thankfully found to be not credible.  It was a scary phone call to get and I was super happy when we got home to see him there safe and sound!
We quickly got through homework and dinner to get ready for our evening activities.  Daniel was supposed to have soccer practice but he wasn't feeling well and the weather didn't look great so we decided to let him stay home and rest up for his game tomorrow instead.  I took Zak and headed to his first Tiger den meeting of the year.  We enjoyed getting to know each other a little better playing games and making name tags.  Zak had a lot of fun and is excited that I am one of his den leaders for the year.  After the meeting, we came home and Adrian and I got the boys down for bed.  Then we finished up "The Good Place" from yesterday and watched the premier of "Modern Family" before heading to bed too.

Wednesday (10/3) We had another rough night of sleep last night so this morning was hard to get up and get moving but we made it.  And of course everyone was packing and I was working a 12 hour day so I had a million things to do in the morning.  But I got Adrian and AJ out on time and then got started on getting everyone else ready.  We just barely got on the door on time but I got to school in time to sub a kindergarten class for the day and drop the boys off as well.  I had fun day with the kids and as soon as the day was over, I picked up my two boys and ran home to quickly change and get them situated before I ran back out to the Y for my Zumba class.

I had a fun time dancing with my friends at Zumba and then shockingly hit no traffic on my way back over here to work at the church as a facility rep for the night.  I had a great time chatting with friends who were there for events and I laughed a lot.  While I was there, Adrian took Daniel to his soccer game, which he tied 4-4.  Daniel did OK but struggled at times and was really tired when he got home.  He doesn't usually do well with these mid-week games.  When we all got home from out night activities, we got the boys down to bed and then watched "Survivor" before heading to bed ourselves.

Thursday (10/4) It was another rough night of sleep, Daniel was up at like 4:30 in the morning with a leg cramp and could not fall back asleep.  Thankfully Adrian got up with him and let me get a few more hours of sleep.  I just could not get through one more day without a little more sleep.  I got up in time to help get AJ and Adrian out the door on time to school.  Then I got the other boys ready and dropped off at school before I headed to Harcum to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  I joined a few of my students for lunch at First Watch in between class 2 and 3 and we had a really nice time and delicious food.

When my third class was over, I headed back to West to volunteer in Zak's class room for about an hour helping students practice their sight words.  When the day was over, we headed home to meet up with AJ and quickly get thru homework and dinner before heading out for our night activities.  I dropped Zak off at soccer practice and then headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had a great time in class and also at the church because a lot of my friends were there for an event.  It was so nice to see everyone!  When class was over, I headed home and helped get the boys down to bed for the night.  Then Adrian and I did a few things around the house and then watched "The Big Bang Theory" and "The Goldburgs" so we could laugh a little and then we headed to bed for the night, hoping for a better night of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment