Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (Aug Recap & Sept Goals)

August was another amazing month for me and my family.  It started with a fantastic trip to the Outerbanks with my entire extended family and ended with us starting to find our way in the new school year.  We packed a lot into the month and also had some changes with the transition from fun summer to back to school.  I can truly say this was a summer I will always remember and I hope the boys do as well.  I said yes to a lot of things and we did a lot of fun things over the past 3 months.  We have decided we don't want the fun to end so we're continuing with picking activities into the school year.  Each week one person will pick a movie and an activity so that we keep having fun even though we are busy with our routine.  I'm going to add that as a goal for the rest of the year.

Now that we are back to our regular schedule, I am back to focusing more on my goals.  I did a pretty good job of still staying focused over the summer while having fun but I did push a few things to the back while I was busy with the boys.  I'm happy with where I am so far this year and plan to finish this year strong!  I know things will get crazy again at the end of the year with the holidays and Adrian's busy season at work but I'm going to do what I can to stay on track.  Same as I did last month, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals last month and then talk about my plans for Sept to stay on track. 

1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 8 pounds this year, Grade for Aug: C)
  • Meal plan each Sunday starting on 8/19 - I did the 2 posts and stuck to the plans
  • Count calories for 15 days this month - I counted for 8 days this month.  I got a slow start because vacation hangover and a stomach bug delayed my start.
  • Go to three classes this month that I am not teaching - I went to a Zumba jam and Denise's Cardio Fit class.  I skipped some other classes that I planned to go to because I had so much to catch up on around the house.
  • Maintain my current weight - I'm up 2 lbs for the month.  I gained 5 lbs on vacation but I'm proud that I worked 3 of them off in the last two weeks of the month. 
2. Read 20 books again (Read 13 books this year, Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Finish 1 book - I blew this out of the water and ready two books "How to Train Your Dragon" and "A Tale Dark & Grimm."  Plus I started "First Comes Love" and read about 25% of it before it was due back and "Beloved" which I read about 13% of at the end of the month.
  • Read 10% of  "The Beauty Myth"= Done!  I read 10% and am 29% done with the book.
3. Watch 25 50 movies (Watched 34 movies this year, Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Watch 4 movies - Done!  We watched "How to Train Your Dragon," "How to Train Your Dragon 2," "Psych," and "Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull."
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (6 dates this year, Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out - We booked a sitter last minute and went out to dinner and some shopping one Friday night.  It felt great to finally get out alone again!!  We're still behind for the year but with our plays starting again we will hopefully catch up.
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - Done!  Adrian worked about 10 hours of overtime over the last 3 weeks of the month.  We're committed to him getting his overtime and it's easier now that we're getting up early with AJ again everday.
  • Start subbing after the first three days of school, sub at least two full days this month - I did sub 1.25 days this month.  It was a slow start but I'm OK with it as I had a lot to do around the house this month.
  • Spend as little as possible - We did OK on vacation, but our credit card bill this month was super high because of vacation and back to school shopping.  But thankfully we had the money in savings to cover it all.
  • We paid off my student loans this month!!!!  It is an amazing feeling to have that taken care of!
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • I'm taking the summer off from this goal, it will be back on in September
7. Clean out the house (Grade for Aug: A)
  • Clean out the spare room and turn it into Daniel's room - We've done OK with this but didn't do as much as we would have liked this month.  We did lose two weekends while on vacation so it's OK that we only made slow progress.
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - 2 posts done!
  • Week in review posts every Friday - 4 posts done!
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - Done!
9. Play more board game (Grade for Aug: C+)
  • Have one family board game night - We didn't have a dedicated family game night this month but we did play a lot of games on vacation with the family.  And I have been playing Machi Koro with the boys in our free time.  I'm still calling this a win because we are using the games.
10. Improve my classes (Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - done!  It was an amazing Cumbia jam session and I can't wait to add all of the songs to my classes.
  • Research Aqua Zumba training - done!  Unfortunately it's not something I can do right now but I have an alternate plan in place.
11.  Have an amazing summer! (Grade for Aug: A+)
  • Have an awesome vacation in the Outerbanks! - Done!
  • Finish up the few activities we want to do here in Columbus - Done!
  • Have a smooth transition back to school in mid - Done!
And here are my goals for Sept:

1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for 26 days this month
  • Go to four classes this month that I am not teaching
  • Lose 6 lbs this month, the last 2 I gained last month & then 1 per week
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books - "First Comes Love" and "Beloved"
  • Read 10% of  "The Beauty Myth"
3. Watch 25 50 movies
  • Watch 4 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Sub at least two days each week this month
  • Spend as little as possible
6. Start my CEUs for Silver Sneakers and do the online training for water aerobics
  • Do the online Silver Sneakers Classic training
  • Do the online Silver Sneakers Circuit training
  • Do the online Silver Sneakers Water in Motion training
7. Clean out the house
  • Clean out the spare room and turn it into Daniel's room - I'm hoping to finish this month!
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Start a new Silver Sneakers cardio class at the Harcum Center
  • Start 2 new Zumba classes at Eastpointe Church
  • Do my water aerobics training online
11.  Continue the family fun of the summer
  • Do one activity each week that one family member chooses
  • Watch one movie each week that one family member chooses
  • Keep up with school work as well

No comments:

Post a Comment