Sunday, August 5, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (July Recap & Aug Goals)

The past month has been awesome spending so much time with the boys.  We have really enjoyed our summer to the fullest and are excited to have two more weeks to enjoy.  I'm trying to think of a way to keep the fun going during the school year but I know it's going to be hard once we're back to our regular schedule.  I'll be thinking about that over the next two weeks.  Some of my other goals have suffered while I focused on enjoying time with the boys but I am totally fine with that.

August is going to be a weird month for me.  It's almost like a split month.  We are going on vacation in the first half of the month, then we come home and the boys go back to school.  So the second half of the month will be more structured and on our normal schedule.  I'm looking at this month as a transition month.  I'll finish up the fun of the summer and then start to get used to the busy schedule of fall.  I'm happy with where I am so far this year and plan to finish this year strong!  Same as I did last month, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals last month and then talk about my plans for August to stay on track. 

1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 10 pounds this year, Grade for July: A)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - I did this every week and wrote 4 posts
  • Count calories for 15 days this month - I was actually able to do this 16 days this month!  The other half of the month wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as it could have been either. 
  • Go to one class each week that I am not teaching - I went to a Zumba jam, Katherine's Zumba class, and I taught 2 barre classes.  I didn't get to as many classes as I hoped but I also taught a lot more this month than I realized I was when I set this goal.
  • Maintain my current weight - I was able to do this for the month!  I am super excited that I didn't gain any weight this month and I don't have anything to undo next month!
2. Read 20 books again (Read 11 books this year, Grade for July: A+)
  • Finish 1 book - I read "North Haven" this month.  It was just OK, not one of my favorites.  It had a good story and characters but it just never went anywhere.
  • Read 10% of  "The Beauty Myth" - Done!
3. Watch 25 movies (Watched 30 movies this year, Grade for July: A+)
  • Watch 4 movies -  We have blown this goal out of the water watching six movies this month and hitting 30 movies for the year!  I'm so glad the boys are enjoying movies and we are able to watch some more.  The ones we watched this month are "Incredibles," "Incredibles 2," "Jumanji," "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," "Elf" and "Teen Titans Go!"
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (5 dates this year, Grade for July: F)
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out - We didn't do this again this month.  We've been really busy and enjoying our family time but we also know our relationship is important.  Hoping to get back to this in August!
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for July: C)
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - Adrian worked 6 hours of overtime this month.  He was sick one week and he took some time off this month so he didn't get as much overtime as we normally do.  But we made the decision that family time was more important.
  • Spend as little as possible - We did pretty good with not spending too much but we did buy all of the back to school stuff this month.  And there was Prime Day.
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • I'm taking the summer off from this goal, it will be back on in September
7. Clean out the house (Grade for July: A+)
  • Clean out the boys' art supplies - done!
  • Clean out the front closet - done!
  • Clean out the play room with the boys (10 minutes per day) - done!
  • Started working on turning the spare room into Daniel's room - Since we finished everything else this month, we started on our fall goal which is cleaning out the spare room and turning it into Daniel's room.  He is so excited!
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for July: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - 4 posts
  • Week in review posts every Friday - 4 posts
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - done!
9. Play more board game (Grade for July: A+)
  • Have one family board game night - We blew this goal out of the water again with 5 game nights this month & many games of "Machi Koro" that were not during game nights.  We played a lot of board games in July for sure!
10. Improve my classes (Grade for July: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - done!  It wasn't one of my favorites and I probably won't use any of the choreo from it but I went and made the best of it and got a great workout.
  • Switch out the band portion of my Silver Sneakers class - done!
11.  Have an amazing summer! (Grade for July: A+)
  • Do one activity each week that each person picks (5 activities per week) - We did this every week and then some!  We have done a ton of things and enjoyed them all.  Check out my weekly blogs for more details.
  • Have an awesome Fourth of July - done!
  • Get ready for our family vacation in August - done!
And here are my goals for this month:

1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday starting on 8/19
  • Count calories for 15 days this month
  • Go to three classes this month that I am not teaching
  • Maintain my current weight
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 1 book
  • Read 10% of  "The Beauty Myth"
3. Watch 25 50 movies
  • Watch 4 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Start subbing after the first three days of school, sub at least two full days this month
  • Spend as little as possible - We did pretty good with not spending too much but we did buy all of the back to school stuff this month.  And there was Prime Day.
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • I'm taking the summer off from this goal, it will be back on in September
7. Clean out the house
  • Clean out the spare room and turn it into Daniel's room
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Research Aqua Zumba training
11.  Have an amazing summer!
  • Have an awesome vacation in the Outerbanks!
  • Finish up the few activities we want to do here in Columbus
  • Have a smooth transition back to school in mid-August
     

No comments:

Post a Comment