Sunday, July 1, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 1 - July 7)

Last week was super busy for us and we kind of hit the wall mid-week.  We've been doing a lot this summer.  It's mostly been fun, but it's a lot and we were all just really tired.  So we cancelled our day on Thursday and just chilled at home.  I juggled our planned meals around a lot this week, but just about everything got made.  We needed a quicker dinner last night, so I made these grilled cheese sandwiches with salads instead of what we planned and bumped that meal to today.  Everything we made was delicious and we have a nice amount of leftovers going into this week.
This week is weird because the holiday falls right in the middle of the week.  Adrian is off Tuesday and Wednesday this week and will not be working any overtime for the first time in a long time.  We have no camps or commitments either.  However I am subbing two extra classes this week but that will barely impact anyone other than me.  I'm trying not to shop this week and use what we have so our meal plan is easy food based around what we have.  We're grilling a lot and also going to my brother's house for dinner on Saturday so I'll also get a few days off from cooking this week as well, which is always a nice feeling.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Sausage & Pepper Packets on the grill (Adrian is cooking - yay!)
Monday - Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Chicken on the grill (Adrian is cooking - yay!)
Thursday - Baked Ziti - Daniel has been asking for this
Friday - Leftovers (no cooking - yay!)
Saturday - Dinner at my brother's house (He is cooking - yay!)

Water Flavor - Strawberry.  I set this up already and I'm so excited because this is one of my favorite flavors.  Strawberries have been on sale so I stocked up and used some up in this week's water.

Overnight Oats - I have a few flavored yogurts that I'm going to use up for a few batches this week.  I'm actually not making too much this week because with Adrian off two days, the holiday and spending Saturday night at my brother's house we'll be significantly off our normal schedule.  I don't think we will eat too many oats, so I'm not going to set too many up.  We're also going to Krispy Kreme either tomorrow or Tuesday to get holiday donuts so I'm sure that will be at least one breakfast this week.

Use it Up - I'm shopping very little this week and not buying any fruits or vegetables.  All of that will be from what we already have.  I'm also using up an open marinade on the chicken on Wednesday and an open ricotta on Thursday.  Hopefully between lunches and Friday's dinner we will have very little leftovers in the house after this week.

Lunches - I got an awesome looking eggplant this week so I'm roasting that up with some chick peas and tomatoes.  I will add mozzarella and balsamic vinegar to it for a nice salad for the week.  And each day I will add avocado to it.  One of my favorites light and easy lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment