Friday, June 29, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/22 - 6/28)

Friday (6/22) We all got to sleep in this morning since we had nothing on the calendar for the morning.  Adrian was working from home since we're down a car for the day so he got up and got started working.  AJ and Zak got up early and came downstairs to watch video games while Daniel and I slept in.  When we all got up and moving we had a relaxing morning of TV, a few chores and then an early lunch before heading to Math Plus for the last day of camp this week.

After I dropped the boys off, I headed over to my friend's school for her to cut my hair.  She did a great job as always and it was nice to catch up with her.  Then I ran to Meijer to finish up my grocery shopping for the week and then headed back to Math Plus.  Since it was the last day, the kids did a presentation of what they did all week.  AJ and Daniel presented the houses they built during Minecraft camp and Zak presented a roaring giant that he built in Lego Robotics camp.  It was really interesting seeing what they learned all week.

When their presentations were done, we stopped by Family Video to rent a few video games for the weekend and then headed home.  Unfortunately my car had a Freon leak and needs to have a part replaced.  Since they don't have it in stock, we are a one car family all weekend.  We came home, showed Dad the videos of the presentations and had some relaxing down time.  Then we all had dinner and settled in for AJ's pick of the week, family movie night watching "A Wrinkle in Time."  We all enjoyed it!  Zak is getting better about sitting thru movies, although he still gets up and runs around a lot.  AJ and I agreed that the book was better but this was still a really good movie.  After the movie, we got the boys to bed, watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" and headed to bed.  It was a great start to our relaxing weekend!
Saturday (6/23) We all slept in again.  We woke up and had a lazy morning of TV, video games and a few chores.  Late morning Adrian took AJ and Daniel to see "The Neverending Story" for free thru the library's summer movie program.  They enjoyed the movie and were there early enough to get a free shirt from the program.  I'm glad they were able to go!  I stayed home with Zak since he still doesn't love going to the movies so we're trying to minimize how often we force him to go.
When they got home, the boys played video games and played outside together while Adrian and I worked around the house.  We have been horrible about keeping up with stuff around the house this summer so these next two weekends we are really buckling down and getting stuff done.  I want us to be caught up by the start of July and hopefully stay caught up that month since it's not nearly as busy.  After a productive afternoon, we had dinner and then did Adrian's pick for the week of a family game night.  We played three new to us games tonight - Formula D, Dixit and Good Cop, Bad Cop.  They were all really fun, although Formula D took a lot longer than we were expecting.  The boys hit the wall around 2 hours so we need to try to limit game nights to that length.  After we finished playing, the boys had a snack and a show and headed to bed.  Adrian and I finished up a few things and then watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed too.  It was a good mix of a fun and productive day.

Sunday (6/24) Today started very late because everyone slept in today.  In fact, Adrian and I were the first two people up and that never happens!  It didn't last long since AJ came down about 5 minutes after me, but it was something!  We were all slow starting and lazy this morning which was fine since we didn't have anywhere to be.  Eventually we woke up and were very productive this morning before it was time for me to go to work at the church for a few hours this afternoon.  Adrian dropped me off since we still only have one car and then picked me up on our way to the boys' belt testing for Martial Arts.  They did a great job testing for their yellow belts, did all the correct hand strikes & broke their board on the first try.  We are super proud of them!  We find out if they passed next week, but I'm pretty sure they did.
When we got home, Adrian grilled us up awesome steak for dinner and I got sides and the boys' dinner together.  After we all ate, we finished up the few things that still needed to be done around the house and then got the boys down for an early bedtime.  We need to try for early bedtimes all week since they have early camp all week.  After we put them to bed, we came down and watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed.  We are loving this show and are almost caught up on last season!

Monday (6/25) The day started early since we have early Math camp this week.  Unfortunately Daniel took the get up early part literally and was up at 5:30am...and woke up Adrian and Zak as well.  I got to sleep until 6am, lucky me.  We got ready for our busy day and headed out to Math Plus.  This week AJ and Daniel are taking "Crack the Code" and Zak is taking "Brain Games."  We still only have one car so Adrian worked from home so I could get them back and forth.  After I dropped them off at camp, I headed to the Y for a few classes.  I took Barre with Krystal and Cardio Fit with Denise.  Both classes were fantastic and I had SO much fun!!  I saw so many familiar faces that I have been missing this summer.  It was a great workout and a great social time as well.

I went back to pick the boys up and they were super excited to tell me all about camp.  Again they are loving their camps.  Then we all headed back to the Y for Zak's first swim lesson of the summer.  We ate a quick lunch in the cafe and then headed to the outside pool for some swim time together before Zak's class started.  Then I stayed outside with AJ and Daniel while he was in class.  We all had fun swimming and I am feeling all of the exercise!  When Zak's class was over, we stayed until the next rest period and then headed home because my van was finally ready and we wanted to make sure to get it picked up.

After Adrian and I picked up the van, he came back home to finish up work and I ran a few errands before heading back home as well.  Then we headed out to Daniel's pick for the week - a family dinner out to eat.  We went to a new to the boys restaurant, Olive Garden, and everyone loved it.  The boys especially enjoyed the bread sticks and Daniel was super excited they had baked ziti on the menu.  We all left feeling full and happy.  We came home and did the boys camp homework and then got them ready for bed.  When they were in bed, Adrian and I did a few things around the house and then watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed.  Such a great show!!
Tuesday (6/26) Everyone had a rough time getting up and going this morning, I think this is going to be a rough week for us!  But we did manage to get up and out early.  Adrian headed to work for the day, another possible long night for him.  And I dropped the boys off early to their math camps.  Then I headed over to Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes, which were both huge today!  I'm thankful I didn't hit any traffic in either direction so I was able to be everywhere I needed to be on time to drop off, teach and pick up the boys.

After camp, we headed over to Family Video to pick up a few more free video games for tonight and to Marco's pizza for a quick lunch.  The boys loved their pizzas and were super excited I got cheesy bread too.  When they were done eating, we headed over to the Y for AJ and Daniel's first swim lesson of the session.  I swam with Zak the whole time they were in their class and we were thankful the weather held so we could use the outside pool.  I'm also thankful that all three kids are officially old enough to swim by themselves in the Y pool now. I love swimming with them but it's nice to sit on the side and watch sometimes too.

After lessons were over, we headed home for the day.  The boys headed upstairs to play their new video games and I got a few things done before cooking an amazing dinner.  Adrian thought he was done work early but got a call as soon as he got home and had to work from here for about an hour.  Thankfully it wasn't all night and he was able to hang with us for a bit and help with bedtime.  We did another early bedtime for the boys before finishing up downstairs and then sitting down with snacks and two episodes of "The Good Doctor" before bed time.  Actually we probably stayed up too late watching them, but they were so good it was hard to stop!

Wednesday (6/27) We all got up and moving on time today.  Adrian headed to work for his second long day of the week.  I got the boys ready and dropped off to Math Plus then ran quickly to Giant Eagle for a few groceries.  Then I headed to a new to me Y to sub a Zumba Gold class for a friend.  We had a fun time dancing together!!  After class, I headed back to pick up the boys and we ran home for a quick lunch before heading to our normal Y for Zak's swim lessons.  Daniel swam during the lesson and AJ and I stayed on dry land playing on our electronics.

When Zak's class was over, we headed across town for AJ's pick for this week.  He wanted to go to a trampoline place so I found a Groupon to Sky Zone for the 4 of us to jump.  We had fun jumping on the trampolines for an hour.  The boys especially liked that they could jump on the walls!  I was shocked how tired it made it, I did not make it the full hour of jumping.  But the boys basically jumped for the whole time, I was impressed!  When our hour was up, we fought traffic to get back across town and headed home for the night.
When we got home, we had an easy dinner and the boys played video games while I got a few things done.  Adrian worked very late so I was on my own with the boys.  I got them down to bed at a reasonable hour, it's getting easier as the week goes on because they are tired from the long days.  When they were settled in bed, I came down and finished up a few things around the house.  Just as I was finishing up, Adrian got home and he is done with long hours for the rest of the summer.  We had snacks together and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed.

Thursday (6/28) Today we were all dragging.  We barely got up and out the door on time today.  Adrian headed to work and I dropped the boys off at Math Plus camp.  They were so quiet on the ride to camp I thought I forgot them at home!!  After I dropped them off, I headed across town to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I had a great time with my students and then headed back across to pick up the boys.  When I picked them up, I could tell they were exhausted, as was I, so we took a vote and decided to cancel our whole day and stay home and rest.  It was the best decision for us for sure!!  They played video games, watched TV and played board games while I watched TV, got a few things done and ran to Meijer quickly.  Adrian got home just in time for me to head to the church to work for a few hours.  When I got home, we got the kids to bed, watched a few comedies and then headed to bed too.  Hoping for a good night of sleep so we're rested for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment