Sunday, July 22, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 22 - July 28)

We stuck to our meal plan for most of last week until the weekend hit and then we moved some things around.  We had a great family day on Friday and decided we didn't want to cook so we just had some appetizers, which still helped to clean out the freezer.  Then on Saturday we had a change of plans due to weather and instead of cooking, we went and picked up Butch's ribs from the Jazz and Rib Fest.  Our plan was to do that tonight but it just made more sense to do it last night.  So two of our meals from last week carried over to this week.
This will probably be my last meal plan for a few weeks.  We leave for vacation soon so we are already in make sure we use up everything that will go bad before we leave mode.  I'm taking on next Sunday for this meal plan and then we will just eat leftovers, frozen appetizers or sandwiches for the next few days.  Then we're gone for 10 days and when we come back the boys go back to school.  That week will be crazy so we will probably do easy dinners, at least for the first part of the week.  I will be back the weekend of the 17th with my next meal plan.  And then we will be back to our regular schedule and back to healthy eating until the holidays.


Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Pasta (using up butternut squash sauce & pasta in freezer)
Monday - Mexican Corn Soup (using up broth, milk & corn in freezer) and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Tuesday - Taco Soup
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Pork Chops and Zucchini with Kale and Beans
Friday - BLT Pasta Salad
Saturday - London Broil and Corn on the Cob on the grill
Sunday - Cornish Hens

Water Flavor - Apple again until they are all used up

Overnight Oats - Once again, we have a bunch from last week.  Adrian doesn't take them every day so it's hard to judge how much I need to make.  We have enough for at least 3 days this week so I will reevaluate on Wednesday.  If I need to make more, I will use some of the flavored yogurts that I have to make some.  And again after this week, I will probably not make anymore so that we don't have any left when we leave.

Use it Up - I made an inventory of the freezer downstairs and we are using up what we have down there.  This week I'm using up the pinto beans I have, pork chops, bacon, london broil and two cornish hens.  I'm also trying to use up all of the fruits and vegetables that we have before we leave.  My goal is to leave the fridge and freezers as bare as possible.

Lunches - I am going to make this Brussels Sprouts Salad one day this week and use it for lunches.  I have a bag of sprouts to use up so I'll use half for dinner on Monday and half for lunches.  I will probably add turkey or leftover chicken to it on days that I am very active so I have a little more protein.  Other than that it will be leftovers, frozen appetizers and sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment