Saturday, July 7, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/29 - 7/5)

Friday (6/29) This week has been long and exhausting but also fun!  We were slow moving this morning to get going but we finally got up and moving and out to where we needed to be.  Adrian headed to work and I dropped the boys off at their last day of Math camp for the summer.  I wanted to go back home and work around the house, but positive peer pressure brought me to the Y.  I had promised friends I would take classes, so I kept to my promise and went to the classes.  As always, I had a blast dancing with friends and was glad I did after I got there.  When my classes were over, I headed back to Math Plus to hear the boys presentations about what they learned all week.  They were so excited to tell me everything and I'm so glad they had fun and learned as well.  Thanks to Math Plus for two great weeks of camps!!
After their presentations, we stopped at Family Video to use the last of our free rentals from our report cards and then headed home to rest a little.  We had a very relaxing lunch and few hours at home before we headed over to Zoombezi Bay for the evening.  They had a dive in movie tonight so Adrian was going to meet us after work for some family fun time.  We did this a lot last summer and it worked out really well.  Today wasn't our best trip there, but we still had fun.  It was super crowded so the lines for everything were really long.  We decided to just spend our time in the wave pool, lazy river & baboon lagoon.  We stayed to watch the whole movie, Despicable Me 3, and all had a really nice family night.  It was late when we got home so it was pretty much straight to bed for all of us!
Saturday (6/30) Thankfully the boys slept in this morning after the late night.  Unfortunately I still had to get up early but it was for a good reason - I had a Zumba class to teach.  We had an awesome time dancing to some of our favorite Zumba songs over the years and got an amazing workout.  When class was over, I headed home to get a quick shower and lunch before heading out to Gateway Film Center for "The Princess Bride." This was Adrian's pick for the week and everyone enjoyed the movie, even though most of us have seen it before.

After the movie, we came home and relaxed a little before having a quick dinner and heading out to Pataskala to meet up with friends for the fireworks.  We got there a little early to make sure we got a good viewing spot and to let the boys run around and play.  The 5 boys had a great time playing together while the 4 adults chatted.  The time passed quickly and soon enough the show was starting. The fireworks were good and as always the best part was the kids' reactions.  They all filmed the show so they can put it up on their YouTube channels.  When it was over, we got ready to fight the traffic and headed home.  Once again it was pretty late so the boys went right to bed while Adrian and I finished a few things, watched a comedy and then followed them to bed.  It was a fun and full day for us!
Sunday (7/1) We all slept in again and then had a lazy morning before getting ready for second service for church.  Adrian went to service and I helped in the child care and we all had a great morning.  Then we headed home and had a quick lunch together before I headed back to the church to work for a few hours in the afternoon while Adrian hung out at home with the boys.  I was excited to find a gift from my secret sister in the cabinet.  She spoiled me with some new things for my kitchen and some chocolate.  So fun!!
After work, I came home and left with everyone to go to the boys' martial arts class.  It was belt presentation night and we were thrilled to find out that all three boys passed their belt test and achieved yellow belt status.  They had a nice ceremony and then a short class.  The boys are all excited because their friend David is also going to take the class with them now too.  I'm thankful we are able to take advantage of this amazing ministry being offered by a local church.
After class, we headed home to get dinner together.  Adrian grilled out so I just had to get a few sides together for the boys.  After dinner, we did a few things around the house and then watched the Lego Flash movie as a family.  It was kind of silly but the boys all loved it so that's what's important.  When the movie was over, we put the boys to bed and finished up a few chores before settling down with some ice cream and another episode of "The Good Doctor."  We stayed up a little later than we should, but Adrian is only working 3 days this week so we're a little more lax with bedtimes.

Monday (7/2) We all slept in today and it was wonderful!  When we finally got up and moving, Adrian headed to work and the boys and I headed to World of Bounce for Zak's pick for the week.  Unfortunately they had a long wait list about 15 minutes after they opened so we weren't able to bounce today.  We will go back next Monday and hope it is less crowded.  I asked Zak if he wanted to do something else but he said we should just go home.  We made a quick detour to Krispy Kreme to pick up holiday donuts and then headed home for the day.

The boys spent most of the day playing with their toys or playing video games.  They tried to go outside but it rained on and off all afternoon so they just opted to stay inside.  I was super productive doing a bunch of cooking, grocery shopping and getting a bunch of things checked off my to do list.  Adrian got home just in time to have a quick dinner with us and then take AJ to Boy Scouts.  He had a fun meeting working on his tenderfoot rank while I hung out at home with the other boys.  When they got home, we got the boys down to bed, made snacks and watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed.  Not a super fun day but it was awesome to relax and get a bunch of stuff done!

Tuesday (7/3) Today started too early for me after a rough night of sleep.  And I had to get up and moving since I was working today.  Thankfully Adrian was off so they boys were able to stay home with him and I didn't have to get them ready.  I got ready and headed over to Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had a great time as always and we laughed a lot!  Then I ran a few errands and then headed over to the Y to sub a Silver Sneakers class this afternoon.  I was tired after the three classes but had fun teaching all of them!

While I was teaching, Adrian hung out at home with the boys.  Then they headed to the library for a program about wolves.  They enjoyed learning new things about them and seeing a real live wolf in the library.  I met them there and we got some new books, movies and redeemed our coupons for the next level in the summer reading program.  After we finished there, we headed to Graeter's for some ice cream!  We have been trying to get there for about two weeks and it finally worked out.  We all enjoyed the sweet treat on such a hot day!
After our ice cream, we came home and were pretty lazy.  We did a few things around the house but mostly just relaxed, watched TV and played video games.  We didn't even cook dinner because the meat I took out for tacos didn't thaw overnight so we had leftovers.  We were supposed to go to the park to watch the Reynoldsburg fireworks but between the heat and the threat of storms, we decided to find another place to watch them outside of the crazy crowds.  Thankfully I saw on Facebook that they changed the time so we ran out the door and got to the school just as the show was starting.  We enjoyed a beautiful 30 minute long show and we're very thankful our friends let us know about the time change and the great viewing spot at the school.
 

We had a little bit of traffic getting out of the school, but nothing like if we had gone to the park.  We were actually happy they started them early so we got home a little earlier.  We all grabbed a snack and drink when we got home and then settled in to watch Boom on TV.  The boys enjoyed watching it and as always we talked about going downtown next year (we always talk about it, never actually go downtown though).  When Boom was over, we got the boys down to bed and then we watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before we headed to bed too.

Wednesday (7/4) Happy 4th of July!!  We all slept in this morning after the late night last night.  Then since no one wanted to do any parades, we had a relaxing and lazy morning of donuts, coffee and TV.  I was super productive and got my whole to do list done during the day!  Everyone else just hung out and playing all day and enjoyed a day of doing nothing.  We grilled our dinner so there was very little clean up from that too, which I always enjoy. After dinner we did motivate to leave the house for fireworks.  Thankfully the rain held off and we were able to head to the Gahanna golf course again this year for their show.  They did an amazing job of having great fireworks synced to music.  We really enjoyed the show!!  When we got home, we were all exhausted so we got the boys to bed, watched a comedy from our DVR and headed to bed too.  It was a great, lazy day celebrating the holiday! 
Thursday (7/5) We all struggled to get up this morning after the past few late nights!  Adrian got up and out to work and then I had to wake everyone up so I could go to Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I felt bad having to wake the boys but I am gone for too long to leave them home alone.  They did great once they were up and got ready quickly so we were on time to my classes.  After I finished teach, we came home and had a quick lunch before heading back out to the eye doctor.  All four of us had an annual appointments and everyone did great!  No one new needs glasses and my prescription hasn't changed since last year.  Good news all around!

After we finished at the eye doctor, we headed to Easton for Zak's pick from last week that we were too tired to do.  We stopped at Barnes & Noble to pick up Daniel & Zak's free books from the summer reading program and then went to Cheryl's cookies for everyone's report card cookies.  When we finished collecting freebies, we headed outside to the splash pads.  The boys had a great time playing in the water and also playing the games that were set up around the square since it was a special game night.  They played Plinko, football toss and mini golf.  We were there for just over 3 hours and they probably could have stayed longer, but we all got hungry and it was time to head home.
 
Adrian met us at Easton on his way home from work so he could take AJ to try out Math team on Math Plus.  Unfortunately it's not going to work for us right now but AJ had fun going today.  While they were there, I went home with the other two and cooked tacos for dinner.  When everyone finished eating, we got ready for my pick for the week of a family movie night.  We watched "The Incredibles" since Zak and I had not seen the first one and everyone wants to go see the second one.  It was a really good movie and we all enjoyed it!!  When it was over, it was time to get the boys to bed, watch two comedies and then head to bed ourselves.  Busy Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment