Saturday, July 21, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/13 - 7/19)

Friday (7/13) Today we all got to sleep in a little since we didn't have anything super early.  Adrian got up and headed to work while the rest of us had a slow start.  I did need to run out to sub a quick class for a friend and was able to leave the boys home while I went since I was only gone about an hour.  They are enjoying that extra freedom this summer and so am I!  When I got home, we got a few things done around the house and then headed downtown to my pick for this week, to see "Jumanji" for the free movie series.  I had never seen the original so I was excited to see it.  We were running a little late but made it just in time for the start of the show.  It was a great movie, although I thought it was a little scary.  Thankfully the boys didn't agree and weren't scared at all, although Zak did get a little bored so he spent the second half playing on his tablet.
After the movie, we headed up to Zoombeezi Bay for AJ's pick of the week.  We had fun playing in the wave pool, lazy river and tipping bucket for a few hours and then we were super excited to get tubes for the movie.  The boys watched most of "Ghostbusters" (the new one) while floating in the wave pool while Adrian and I enjoyed adult beverages on dry land.  Zak again got bored about half way thru and asked to head home so he and Adrian left.  I found out later he was actually scared by the movie, which is understandable.  I stayed and watched the end with AJ and Daniel.  When we got home (super late!) we found Zak and Dad asleep on the couch.  I got the other two boys to bed, got settled myself and headed to bed.  I was so tired!!
 
 
Saturday (7/14) Today started way earlier than I wanted it to, at least for me.  I had to teach my Zumba class at the Y so I had to get up and moving.  I'm thankful that the boys all slept in a lot, they needed the rest.  I headed out and had a great, sweaty time with my class while Adrian got the boys ready and took them to Blendon Woods natural play ground.  They enjoyed playing on the zipline swing, obstacle course and hiking a little bit.  Then they stopped to pick up two video games and Marco's pizza for lunch.

I saw them briefly when they got home from the park because I was home doing a quick change and grabbing a quick lunch before heading back to the Y for another Zumba jam session.  This was my 7th one of the year and I'm having a great time going to them all!  We danced and sweated for three hours and I learned a lot of new rhythms, steps, choreo and teaching tricks.  It wasn't one of my favorite jams but it was still a great way to spend an afternoon!  When we were done, I headed home exhausted and sore!
Thankfully when I got home, Adrian volunteered to cook pasta for dinner.  We had a nice family dinner and then we played a game of "Machi Koro" before the boys headed upstairs to play video games while Adrian and I tried to get control of the house.  Before long, it was time for the boys to head to bed for the night.  We tried to get them down a little early since we know they are down sleep from the week.  After we got everyone in bed, we headed down and watched a few episodes of "Living Biblically" before heading to bed too.  It was an early night but much needed after a long day!

Sunday (7/15) Today we all got to sleep in a little again, yay!  Then we had a lazy morning at home before heading to second service for church.  I was supposed to be serving in children's ministry for that service, but there were more than enough volunteers so I was able to go and be in the service.  It was an inspiring sermon and I'm glad I was able to be there.  After service, we headed home for a quick lunch before splitting up for the afternoon.  I was working at the church for the afternoon while Adrian took the boys to their friend's birthday party.  They had a fun time at the party playing with sprinklers and water guns, jumping on the trampoline and running around the yard.  In fact, they had so much fun they did not want to leave!  So Adrian made the decision to let them stay a little longer and skip martial arts this week.

When we all finally got home, we got a few things done including finishing cleaning out the front closet and the toy room.  Then Adrian went out to get dinner, which was his pick of this week.  He picked up Piada for both of us while I did leftover Marco's pizza for the boys.  After dinner, we finished up what needed to be done for the week including giving the boys hair cuts.  They had some video game time while we worked and then it was time for them to have snacks and head to bed.  When they were down for the night, Adrian and I got some ice cream and watched a few comedies before heading to bed to rest up for a busy week!

Monday (7/16) We all had a rough time getting up and moving today.  We may have hit another wall in our amazing summer and just needed some down time.  Adrian eventually got up and out to work, but he was very late getting in.  The boys and I had planned to go see "Ferdinand" but we decided a relaxing day at home was a much better idea.  So we played some video games, got some things done around the house and had a lazy morning.  We all had lunch and then we all headed to the Y to swim for a while.  Zak had lessons so he went there while the other boys swam with me in the outside pool.  Soon after Zak's class was done, it started to storm so they closed the outside pool.

After seeking shelter inside, we realized it would be really crowded in that pool so the boys decided they wanted to go home.  So we dried off and headed back to the house.  I drove them home, got changed, made a quick dinner and headed back to the Y to sub a Zumba Gold class.  The boys decided to stay home while I was there instead of going into childcare.  I had a great class and was reminded how much I love my afternoon crew.  When I got home, we ate a quick dinner and then I drove Zak to VBS at a local church.  He decided he wanted to do this one even though his brothers didn't want to and I'm excited for him! 

While I was dropping him off, Adrian and AJ headed out to Boy Scouts.  They were supposed to hike tonight but the storms changed their plan and they had a regular meeting at the church instead.  They got home and I headed out to pick up Zak from Shipwrecked VBS.  He had a great time and can't wait to go back tomorrow!  When we all got home, we got the boys ready for bed, finished cleaning up around the house and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  It feels like it's going to be a long week!

Tuesday (7/17) Today started early for us since it was a very busy day!  I got up and enjoyed a little time to myself before having to wake Zak up to get ready for his first day of Safety Town.  I got him ready and left a list of things to do for AJ and Daniel while we were gone.  I dropped Zak off at Blacklick Woods for Safety Town and then headed to Harcum to teach two Silver Sneakers classes.  As soon as the second class was over, I raced out to run over to pick up Zak.  He had a great time learning about fire safety, animal safety, touring an ambulance & fire truck and playing a few games.
After I picked Zak up, we headed home to grab a quick lunch and pick up AJ and Daniel.  Then we all headed to the Y for AJ and Daniel's swim lessons.  While they were in class, Zak and I swam in the outside pool.  We stayed until the rest period after class and then headed home to have some downtime before our night activities.  We came home and got a few things done and then had a quick dinner of tacos and then Daniel's friend Ethan came over to play with him.  Zak was supposed to go to Shipwrecked VBS again but he really wanted to play with Ethan too so he stayed home to play with the boys here.
The four boys had a great time playing for over two hours together - and only a few minutes were video games!  After Ethan's dad picked him up, we did a quick clean up and then the boys had a snack and a show to calm down after the exciting night.  Then we got them down for the night, Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house and watched a few comedies before bed as well.

Wednesday (7/18) Today started early again but I am enjoying getting up a little before everyone and having some time to myself.  Adrian and I got our donation together and out to curb for VOA to come and pick up during the day.  Then he headed off to work and while Zak and I got ready and headed out for the morning.  I left the other boys home alone again with a list of things to do before I got back home.  I dropped Zak off at Safety Town then headed back to my church for a few meetings with some of the staff about picking up some additional responsibilities.  I will be taking on a little more in my role as facilities manager and will also be adding a few group fitness classes.  I'm so excited for these opportunities!
 
After the meetings, I headed back to pick up Zak from Safety Town.  Again, he had a blast learning about safety including water safety, bike safety, car safety and fire safety.  We got home, had a quick lunch and headed back out to the Y for Zak's swim lessons.  He did a great job in class and I enjoyed sitting and watching for a change since the other boys asked to stay home instead of coming to swim with me.  When lessons were over, we headed home again.  I dropped Zak off, made dinner really quick and got changed to head back to the Y to teach a Zumba class.  While I still have some reservations about it, I am also loving the boys wanting to stay home alone all the time.  It makes it SO much easier on me to leave!
I had another amazing sweaty class with my friends and am looking forward to getting back to teaching the afternoon classes in the fall!  I got home to help Adrian get ready to head out for the evening activities.  He took Zak to his third night of "Shipwrecked" VBS and then went to his men's group for our church.  The timing worked out nice that he was able to do both drop off and pick up.  I stayed home and hung out with the other two boys and got some stuff done around the house.  When they got home, we watched one more show and then got the boys down to bed.  Then Adrian and I made snacks, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  It was a busy day in the middle of a busy week!!

Thursday (7/19) Last day of Safety Town for Zak!!  Adrian got up and out to work early today and I was happy that Zak was up on time this morning as well.  Same as Tuesday, I left the other boys with a to do list and headed out with Zak for the morning.  I dropped him off at the park and then headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had smaller than usual classes but we still all had a great time.  After the second class, I again ran out the door to pick up Zak.  He had a blast on his last day of Safety Town learning about food safety, bus safety, sun safety, school safety and gun safety.  They also played a few games and did a group picture.  Very fun few days for Zak and I highly recommend Reynoldsburg Safety Town!
We went home to have a quick lunch and pick up the other boys before heading out the Y for AJ and Daniel's lessons.  While they were in class, I swam outside with Zak.  But I was really tired and was thrilled that he found two other kids to play with so I could spend most of the afternoon relaxing in the gorgeous weather.  When the other boys finished class, they came out to play and soon the life guards started a game of Battleship in the pool.  When the boys realized they needed to pass the deep end swimming test to play, they headed back inside to do that.  Much to my surprise, AJ and Zak passed!!  I am SO proud of both of them!  Daniel unfortunately got water up his nose and has to wait to try again another day.
After they got their wrist bands, they headed back outside to play Battleship.  AJ and Zak had a blast playing two different games and playing in the deep end in between games.  Daniel sat and sulked for a bit and then went and played with some friends in the shallow end of the pool.  I finally pulled everyone out at the 3:45 rest period so we could get home and get ready for our night activities.  We had a quick dinner and then I headed out to drop Zak off at his last night of Shipwrecked VBS and then do a quick grocery trip.  Adrian stayed home with the other boys and they worked in the yard since we're forecast to get rain all weekend.
 
I got home about 20 minutes before someone needed to go pick up Zak so we unloaded the groceries and then Adrian went to pick him up while I put everything away.  When everyone got home, we did our normal night routine.  The boys had a snack and a show while Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house.  Then we got them down to bed and we watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  We pushed everyone's bedtime a little later tonight since Adrian is off tomorrow and we're having a chill family day!

No comments:

Post a Comment