Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (June Recap & July Goals)

I did much better this month than the past two getting this post up on time!  It helps that we are on our summer schedule and that Adrian has the next two days off for the holiday.  We are one month into our summer break and are having an amazing summer so far!  I absolutely made the right decision to not teach as many classes this summer.  In addition to have more time with my boys, I also have more energy when I am playing with them.  It's been a win all around.  They are loving it as well and have thanked me a few times for the great summer.  I'm so glad we are making so many amazing family memories!  As for my goals, I think I've done pretty well keeping up with them over the summer as well.  I'm happy I changed a few to be easier for these three months of fun.  Same as I did last month, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals last month and then talk about my plans for July to stay on track. 

1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 10 pounds this year, Grade for June: B-)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - I did this every week and wrote 4 posts
  • Count calories for 6 of 7 days each week - I counted 18 days out of the 30 days in the month.  Not as many as I wanted to do (my goal was 24) but not quite as bad as last month either. 
  • Go to one class each week that I am not teaching - I killed this one!  I went to Nikki's Zumba class, a Zumba jam, a barre class, a cardio fit class, a Zumba Gold Toning class and a Boom Move It class.  I also taught yoga twice and taught barre once this month.  Lots of exercise!
  • Lose the 10 pounds I gained last month - I lost 5 lbs this month.  Not exactly what I wanted, but I knew it was a lofty goal to begin with.  I'm happy with this loss and will use my momentum to continue over this summer.
2. Read 20 books again (Read 10 books this year, Grade for June: A+)
  • Finish 2 books - Done!  I read "A Wrinkle in Time" and "Double Fudge."  They were both great, I really loved them!
  • Start on the next book from my list - I started "The Beauty Myth" this month since it's the next book on my list.  It's going to take a while to read it, but I did manage to read 9% in June.
3. Watch 25 movies (Watched 24 movies this year, Grade for June: A+)
  • Watch 4 movies - We killed this goal this month!!  We saw 8 movies this month - "Avengers: Infinity War," "Indian Jones & the Temple of Doom," "Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade," "Shrek," "Wrinkle in Time," "Ninjago," "Princess Bride" and "Despicable Me 3."  Some of those we have seen before, but I'm still counting them.  I'm glad the boys have finally turned the corner and all enjoy movies now.
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (5 dates this year, Grade for June: F)
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out - We didn't have any date nights this month.  We have been super busy with our family activities and Adrian working overtime.  We did volunteer together at VBS for a week and while not a date, it was nice to serve together.
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for June: B)
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - Adrian ended up with about 12 hours of overtime for the month which is exactly 3 hours each week so that was right on target. However...
  • Spend as little as possible - The air conditioning broke in our van and since it's just out of the warranty we had to pay for that this month.  That will put a bit of a crimp in our savings but we're still hoping to get a second credit card paid off.
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • I'm taking the summer off from this goal, it will be back on in September
7. Clean out the house (Grade for June: A)
  • Clean out the laundry room and boys' art supplies - We finished cleaning out the laundry room and finally got the leak in there fixed.  We are almost done with the art supplies, will finish them up this week.
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for June: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - 4 posts this month
  • Week in review posts every Friday - 5 posts this month
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - done!
9. Play more board game (Grade for June: A+)
  • Have one family board game night - Done!!  We actually had 3 family game nights this month  plus we went to Origins together.  It was a fun month of board games for sure!
10. Improve my classes (Grade for June: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done! I had so much fun jamming with my favorite jammer, Kaitlyn!  It was a super fun day and my 6th jam of the year.
  • Switch out the weights portion of my Silver Sneakers class - Done! The exercises are harder but we are all loving the change.
11.  Have an amazing summer! (Grade for June: A)
  • Do one activity each week that each person picks (5 activities per week) - We have done at least our five activities each week and some bonus ones.  We are on the way to having an amazing summer together!
  • Get the boys to all of their camps - I did it!  Wow, it was a busy month but we had fun too.  The boys all went to Sports & Arts camp, VBS and two weeks of Math Plus camp.  We got to all of them on time and every day, woot!
  • Go on one family camping trip - Unfortunately, we had to cancel our trip due to the weather.  But we made the best of it and had a great weekend anyway.
Here are my goals for this month:

1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for 15 days this month
  • Go to one class each week that I am not teaching
  • Maintain my current weight
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 1 book
  • Read 10% of  "The Beauty Myth"
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 4 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • I'm taking the summer off from this goal, it will be back on in September
7. Clean out the house
  • Clean out the boys' art supplies
  • Clean out the front closet
  • Clean out the play room with the boys (10 minutes per day)
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Switch out the band portion of my Silver Sneakers class
11.  Have an amazing summer!
  • Do one activity each week that each person picks (5 activities per week)
  • Have an awesome Fourth of July
  • Get ready for our family vacation in August

No comments:

Post a Comment