Sunday, July 15, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 15 - July 21)

We did pretty good sticking to our meal plan last week until yesterday.  I forgot to take out everything we needed for the meal so we just made pasta with Alfredo sauce.  I was behind all week because I didn't get to the grocery store until later in the week.  So Monday night I made my first batch of beans in my instant pot.  I had a bag of dry pinto beans and needed beans for our Chicken Burrito Bowls but didn't have hours to make them.  So I searched how to cook them in the instant pot and they came out amazing!  We used two cups of them in the bowls, now I need to use up the rest.  Watch for them in the next two weeks of menu planning.

The other interesting thing that happened this past week was that AJ and Adrian accidentally left our deep freeze open for a few hours.  Thankfully nothing defrosted, but a few things iced over from that so we decided we want to try to empty the freezer.  I will be trying to minimize my grocery shopping by only eating what we have until we come back from our vacation in August.  I will try to still remain fairly healthy, but there may be a little harder than usual since I will be limited on what I have.  I decided to start at the top and work my way down from the freezer, so this week I'm trying to use up broth.  I'm interested to see how long we can go with what we have in the house!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Piada (Adrian's activity for the week was dinner out)
Monday - Baked Pasta with Spinach and Sausage (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Shrimp & Corn Chowder (using up broth)
Thursday - Beef Fajitas (using up pinto beans & flank steak in freezer)
Friday - Pasta (using up butternut squash sauce & pasta in freezer)
Saturday - Mexican Corn Soup (using up broth, milk & corn in freezer)

Water Flavor - Apple again until they are all used up

Overnight Oats - Adrian isn't eating these again so I didn't have to set any up last week.  I still have one serving left over to start my week too.  I'll be using the flavored yogurts I have to set up a few batches this week.  I also have vanilla flavored greek yogurt to use up and salted caramel syrup to use up and think the two of the together with chocolate chips sounds amazing.

Use It Up - I've talked a lot about this in this post.  My plan is to get in the basement and inventory what is down there either tonight or tomorrow and go from there for the next few weeks.  I'm using up some things I know for sure are down there this week.  I'm also using up my frozen fruit in my smoothies, especially the bananas.  I tend not to use them after I freeze them but I've been intentional this week about using them up.

Lunches - I honestly haven't thought much about lunches.  I will probably eat salads a few days and leftovers a few days.  Adrian is off on Friday for a family trip to the zoo so we'll have sandwiches that day.  I may need to put a little more thought into my lunches, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment