Sunday, June 24, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 24 - June 30)

Last week was busy but slightly less busy than we were expecting it to be.  We were able to mostly follow our meal plan for the week until Friday night when I just didn't feel like cooking and neither did Adrian.  So we made turkey ruebens for dinner and bumped one of the recipes to this week.  I still consider it a win when we don't eat out any more than we are planning to, especially since we really wanted to go pick something up Friday night.  I'm proud of us that we resisted the urge and ate from some of the stuff we have in the house.

This week things start to calm down some.  We have hardly anything going on in July, other than swim lessons for the boys which are very low stress.  I will be working a little more in July since a lot of the other instructors are traveling this month but I think it will all work out great in the end.  We are home every night this week so I'm not going to do a leftovers night this week.  We are going out to dinner one night this week since that is Daniel's pick for the week.  We'll be taking the boys to Olive Garden for the first time since we have a gift card for there and they love pasta.  Hope it goes well!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Steak on the grill
Monday - Loaded Potato Soup
Tuesday - Shrimp Fajitas for Adrian & I and Tacos for the boys
Wednesday - Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Thursday - Out to Olive Garden
Friday - Chicken & Blueberry Salads at Zoombeezi Bay
Saturday - Sausage & Pepper Packets hopefully on the grill

Water Flavor - Mango since I got one for 50 cents at Aldi this week!

Overnight Oats - We didn't eat a lot of these last week so we still have 2 days worth of oats left over.  I will use the last of my International Delights yogurts to make two batches this week, then I will follow my normal recipe to make peanut butter chip and apple pie using homemade applesauce from apples that we got for free but Daniel doesn't like them so we aren't eating them very fast.

Use it Up - I just realized I haven't been posting about this the past few weeks.  I'm still doing it each week and it will be a big part of the next month because I'm going to try to do as little grocery shopping as possible.  It's just very hard with the boys home.  So I'm hoping to use up what we have in the freezers and pantries for the rest of the summer, then restock everything in Aug.  This week I'm using up the apples we have before they go bad as well as lots of fruits and veggies that I bought this past week at my stock up trip to Costco.

Lunches - All of my lunches this week will be on the go because we have math camp in the morning and swim lessons in the early afternoon.  So I will be having salads poolside at the Y every day this week.  I have a lot of lettuce, avocados and lunch meat to use up so this is the perfect week for lots of salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment