Sunday, July 8, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 8 - July 14)

We did great keeping on track with our meal plan last week and it was nice for me to have a bit of a break from cooking most of the week.  Adrian even beat us home on Friday and made the Baked Ziti instead of me so I only cooked two nights last week.  This week we're on more of a regular schedule with the boys having a lot of activities every day including swim lessons and soccer camp.  I'm trying to pull together a few weeks of healthy eating since we have very little out of the ordinary planned for the next few weeks.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Jersey Mike's subs.  We're just back from my brother's house for a sleep over and we're all tired and don't feel like cooking.  And this sounded amazing to both of us.
Monday - Cheeseburger Frittata
Tuesday - Chicken Burrito Bowls - using cauliflower for the rice
Wednesday - Shrimp Corn Chowder with Garlic Parmesan Zoodles
Thursday - Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks with Corn on the Cob
Friday - Pasta Salad with homemade Greek Vinaigrette
Saturday - Baked Pasta with Spinach and Sausage

Water Flavor - Apple.  I have some apples that we need to use up so I'm going to use them in my water for the next few weeks.

Overnight Oats - We didn't eat a lot of these last week so we actually have a lot that are carrying over to start this week.  I'll be setting some more up on either Wednesday or Thursday using the flavored yogurts I have because I'm out of plain Greek yogurt.

Use it Up - I'll be using all of the fruits and veggies we have before they go bad.  I have the apples I already mentioned, cauliflower, corn, zucchini and Brussels sprouts that all need to be used up this week.  I'm probably not buying any produce this week, unless I see a good deal on a watermelon since it's my favorite!

Lunches - I'll be having salads everyday.  I have a lot of lettuce to use up plus an avocado and some leftover chicken.  Plus lunches will all be quick this week since we have swimming every day at 1:30 at the Y so we'll go do our morning activity, then come home and eat quickly and then head to the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment