Friday, June 8, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/1 - 6/7)

Friday (6/1) We finally had a day to sleep in this summer!  We had a lazy morning and then got ready to head up to Zoombeezi Bay for the first time this summer.  The weather wasn't great and there was a strong chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon, but we decided to chance it and boy are we glad we did!  We got Zak's season pass processed and then headed into the park.  The place was empty so we were able to do all of the big slides. We rode Sound Surfer, Big Boa Falls, Python Plunge and Dolphin Dash multiple times. Plus we played in the wave pool, lazy river and Baboon Lagoon.  We all had a blast and got back to the car about 5 minutes before the rain started.
We ate our lunch in the car and then drove back home.  On the way home we stopped at Krispy Kreme to celebrate Donut Day with free donuts.  The boys were super excited to get donuts!  When we finally got home, we relaxed for a bit before I got ready to host some of my Zumba instructor friends for a potluck.  We had a going away party for our friend Nikki who is moving to Colorado later this month.  It was a great night with them with lots of great food, good conversation and lots of laughs!  When they left, Adrian and I did a little clean up and prep work for tomorrow and then headed to bed for the night.
Saturday (6/2) Happy 11th Birthday AJ!!  We had such a great day celebrating today!  We started by sleeping in a little then getting up and getting moving right away so we could go see "Avengers: Infinity War" finally.  We went to the theater with the big reclining seats, no one wants to see movies in any other theater anymore.  The movie was great, lots of action!  We all really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.  After the movie, we stopped by Jets Pizza to pick up our lunch and then headed home.

After pizza for lunch, the boys had some video game time while Adrian and I prepped for our family dinner tonight.  We got a bunch done before his parents and my brother and his family all arrived.  We opened presents and AJ was thrilled to get exactly what he asked for...his own cell phone.  He really needs it for when he is home alone and he has proven he can be responsible by taking tablets back and forth from school all year so we think he's ready for this responsibility.  He was super excited to get texts and calls from family and friends all day for his birthday!
After presents, we had dinner and then the kids played while the adults chatted.  We enjoyed a delicious Oreo ice cream cake and some S'mores rice krispy treats for dessert.  Then the kids played a little more before my brother and his family headed home for the night.  The boys played a little more, specifically on AJ's new phone and then we finally got them upstairs and to bed.  Adrian and I finished up some clean up and then headed to bed.  It was a fun but exhausting day!

Sunday (6/3) Our day started with a slow and lazy Sunday morning since we didn't have any commitments this morning.  Then Adrian and I hit the ground running to get stuff done around the house.  The boys played all day while we worked around the house.  We got a ton done which was much needed around here.  Adrian took the boys to Martial Arts tonight where they continued to get ready for their belt test in a few weeks.

When everyone got home, we had a quick dinner of leftovers and then finished cleaning up the house.  Then we finished up our first week of the summer with Adrian's pick for the week - family game night.  We played a few pages in "Stuffed Fables" and then played the DC deck building game. It was a fun and relaxing way to finish up a super busy week.  When we were finished playing the games, we got the boys to bed and then got ourselves some wine and some leftover ice cream cake and settled in to watch a few shows from our DVR before heading to bed for the night.  We're ready to start another amazing week!
Monday (6/4) Today is the only day this week the boys don't have Sports and Arts Camp.  We were going to go to COSI but we all slept in and had very little time to get ready before I had to get to the Y to sub a Barre fitness class.  So we decided to have a calmer day close to home instead.  We went to the Y for my class where I had an awesome time getting back in the groove of teaching.  Then we went to Krispy Kreme to get the boys free donuts for their report cards.  We finished up with a trip to Target to get new water bottles, a new pool and a few toys to spend some of AJ's birthday money.  It was a productive morning and I was glad we switched our plans.
When we got home, we had lunch and then the boys played for a little while I got a few things done.  Then we set up our new pool in the back yard and Daniel and Zak played in it for a while.  We had a relaxing day at home enjoying the nice weather in the yard and playing video games in the house.  Adrian got home from work in time for dinner and then took AJ to Boy Scouts.  They went swimming tonight at one of the leader's houses.  AJ did a great job of swimming the whole length of the pool and also jumping in to the deep end (9 feet deep!)  We're very proud of him since he's never done either of those things before!  

While Adrian and AJ were there, I hung out at home with Daniel and Zak.  We played in the back yard pool for a little while and then they played video games while I cleaned up from dinner.  I also started getting their stuff together for camp tomorrow morning.  When everyone was home, we tried to do a reasonable bed time (we've been bad with this since it's summer break) and then Adrian and I watched "The Good Doctor" from our DVR.  It's a really great show and we're hoping it's getting a second season!

Tuesday (6/5) Today started early after a rough night of sleep for almost all of us.  I had to wake everyone up to be ready in time for Sports and Arts camp.  My friend picked them up since her son is also going we are sharing driving responsibilities this week.  When they were on their way, I finished getting ready and headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  My first class was sold out and we had to turn away a bunch of students.  We had a great time in both classes and I think we're all going to be sore from the new weight exercises I added today.

During my second class, I got a text that they were letting camp out early due to very bad rain.  Cara went to pick up the boys and I met everyone at the house.  They were disappointed to only have half a day at camp but at least they had some fun while they were there.  AJ did music, Daniel did baseball and Zak did art.  They will do those each morning this week and then all do soccer in the afternoons.  Since they were home, my plans of running errands were not able to happen so instead I got some stuff done around the house while they played.  It was an unexpected relaxing day at home.

Adrian got home in time for dinner and after we all ate, we had another family game night.  We played a few more pages of "Stuffed Fables" and then played a family game of "Magic Maze."  We didn't do well with our "Stuffed Fables" story, but we kicked butt at the maze.  Zak loved playing that game so we will probably play more this summer.  When we were done with game night, we put the boys to bed and sat down for a few DVR shows before heading to bed ourselves.  We were exhausted after a long day!
Wednesday (6/6) Today was another rough start after another rough night of sleep.  I'm not sure why the boys aren't sleeping well, maybe it's the change of going from the school year to summer.  I'm hoping it stops soon!  Zak came in and woke up both of us so Adrian took him to the spare room so I could be a little more comfortable in our bed.  But soon after Daniel came in and woke me up.  Then Adrian's alarm went off and finally my alarm was going off.  Yawn.  At least it was a fairly easy morning of getting ready and getting everyone to Sports and Arts camp on time.

While the boys had a blast at camp all day, I ran a few errands, including having a meeting with a guidance counselor at the middle school to start to develop a plan for AJ for next year.  Then I came home and waited for a plumber to fix our leaking shower and kitchen sink.  I'm glad he was able to do both things very quickly and affordably!  He took a little longer than expected so thankfully my friend Cara was able to go pick up the boys from camp.  They came home and we rested for a bit before heading out to the Y so I could sub a Zumba class this afternoon.

When class was over, we headed to Family Video and Marco's Pizza for some report card freebies.  Family Video gives up to 5 free rentals (one per A) to be used in the month of June and Marco's does a free small pizza.  So we were set with dinner and entertainment for the night!  Adrian had Bible study so he was there for the night so it was nice to have an easy plan for me and the boys.  After dinner, they played their rented video games while I got a few things done around the house.  Adrian got home in time to help with bed time and then we watched a few shows and headed to bed too.  Crossing my fingers everyone sleeps thru the night!!
Thursday (6/7) Finally everyone slept thru the night!  It was hard to get up this morning but at least we were all well rested.  Everyone got up and moving and out to sports and arts camp.  Thankfully Adrian went in to work a little late and my friend drove the boys to camp again so I was able to go teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After my two regular classes, I ran a few errands and then headed back to the Harcum Center to sub a chair yoga class.  It was my first time teaching yoga and I had a really great time!  It went really well and we all got a full body stretch.
After class, I went and picked up all of the boys from camp.  All four were super tired after a long day in the sun and it was a quiet ride home.  We dropped Braxton off and then came home and had a relaxing night at home.  The boys played a card game, some video games and watched a cartoon "Batman vs Dracula."  I cooked an awesome pasta dish for dinner and then headed to the monthly Cub Scout Committee meeting.  We had a great meeting and are all super excited about our plans for the upcoming school year.  When I got home, Adrian and I were both exhausted so we got our snacks, watched two comedies and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment