Sunday, June 10, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 10 - June 16)

We survived our first official full week of summer break last week and did great about sticking to our meal plan for the week.  We did bump one meal to this week since Adrian got stuck at work late one night last week so we all just had leftovers.  We actually decided that starting this week we will have leftovers every Wednesday night.  That way we have one day built in to use up what we have.  Hopefully nothing will ever be more than a week old!  This will also help me to clean out the fridge and see what we actually have.  If we ever have a Wednesday where we don't have a lot of food leftover, we will plan to have salads and/or sandwiches.

This is a busy week for us since we have VBS at our church all week.  All three boys are going and Adrian and I are volunteering.  So we have to be at our church by 5:30 each night.  We also have a busy weekend ahead with Origins in town, AJ's birthday party and Father's Day.  Most of our meals this week are quick and easy and things that I know the kids will eat with us so I only have to cook one meal.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled Chicken and Eggplant Risotto
Monday - Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Kielbasa
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Salmon Tortellini
Friday - Ravioli (it's just me and the boys tonight, Adrian will be at Origins)
Saturday - AJ's birthday party - Jets Pizza and lots of snacks for the kids.  Taco Stuffed Sweat Potatoes for Adrian and I so we can try to stay on the healthy eating track.

Water Flavor - Strawberry.  We still have strawberries that we picked left so I'm trying to use them up while they are still fresh.  As soon as they look like they are starting to turn I will freeze whatever is left.

Overnight Oats - I used up a bunch of the flavored yogurts that I have including peanut butter cup, caramel pretzel and honey pretzel this week.  I have been cutting fresh strawberries into my oats each morning and then topping them with a tablespoon of chocolate chips.  They are delicious and super filling!!

Lunches - I am still trying to use up a bunch of lunch meat that we have so I've been putting ham in my salads each day instead of a hard boiled egg.  This week I plan to continue to do that, either having salad or a sandwich each day.  Most of my lunches will be on the go since we have a busy but fun week planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment