Friday, June 15, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/8 - 6/14)

Friday (6/8) Last day of Sports and Arts camp!  We all slept great again last night and slept in a little this morning before getting up and getting ready to head to camp.  After I dropped the boys off, I came back home and did a few things around the house before heading to the Harcum Center to sub my second yoga class of the week.  It was a gentle flow class that I really enjoyed!  I felt very relaxed and stretched out after class.  Unfortunately while I was teaching a storm blew in and I got a text from AJ asking me to please come pick them up since it was raining.  So I packed up quickly and headed to pick them up and bring them home.  They still had an amazing time at camp again this year and are bummed that it's over.  We'll be back again next year for sure!
After we got home, the boys played and relaxed for a while and I got some stuff done around the house.  Then after a quick dinner, we got set up for family movie night.  It was Daniel's pick and he wanted to watch "Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom."  But he wanted to start early since he was tired and wanted to watch the whole thing.  The boys loved the movie, although they were a little grossed out by a few parts.  I'm hoping they can all sleep tonight!!  After the movie, we got them to bed, finished cleaning up and settled down with our snacks for a few shows before heading to bed.

Saturday (6/9) We all got a good night of rest and then started our morning with sleeping in and relaxing.  Then I got ready because I had a full day of dancing ahead of me.  I started out with my friend Nikki's last Zumba class at the Y before her family moves to Colorado in a few weeks.  We all had a blast dancing with her and will miss her when she's gone!  I headed home after class to do a quick change and grab a quick lunch before heading to Menchie's with the family for some frozen yogurt.  This was Zak's activity of the week and we had a nice time enjoying an afternoon treat together.
After Menchie's I headed back to the Y for a Zumba jam session, my 6th one this year.  I've been trying to get to one per month and so far I am on track for that.  We learned choreo to 4 fun songs and I will be using 2 or 3 of the songs in my classes.  It was such a fun day of dancing with friends, although I was exhausted when we were done.  While I was there, the boys played in our back yard pool and hung out at home with Adrian.  He cooked us all dinner and it was great for it to be ready when I got home.  We finished up dinner, did a quick clean up and settled in for our second family movie night of the week.  We watched "Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade."  Once again, everyone enjoyed it.  I'm glad these Indiana Jones movies have been a success for our family movie nights!  After the movie, we put the boys to bed and barely made it thru two comedies on our DVR before heading to bed ourselves. 
Sunday (6/10) I got a full 10 hours of sleep last night and I feel amazing!  Everyone else slept in today too, although not as late as I did.  Since we had a late start and a lazy morning, we decided to go to second service at church as a family.  It was promotion Sunday so AJ moved into the older class room with the junior and senior high kids and Daniel moved up to the 4th/5th grade classroom.  They both love their new classes and we are thankful for that.  I taught the large group for K-3rd grade so I got to have Zak in my class and said I was an amazing teacher.  When service was over, I found a gift for me from my Secret Sister.  I came home to open it and found a delicious smelling candle and yummy candy.  It was a nice surprise this morning!
After a quick lunch, the boys headed upstairs to play video games while Adrian and I worked on our to do lists.  We got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time and feel ready to head into this week.  Then we got the boys ready for Martial Arts class and I took them to that tonight while Adrian stayed home to grill our dinner.  The boys did great in class and seem ready for their belt test in two weeks.  When we got home we had dinner, finished up a few things on our to do lists and got ready for bed.  We have a busy week ahead so we all need some good rest tonight to be ready for it!

Monday (6/11) We all slept in and had a lazy start to our morning, well everyone except Adrian who left for work early as usual.  When we got up and moving, we headed downtown for Daniel's pick of the week - a trip to COSI.  We had a blast down there for the day!  We did the Energy, Ancient Egypt, Dinosaur, Space and Gadget exhibits.  The boys are at a great age to go to COSI and we had a great balance of both fun and learning.  We also did the Gadget Cafe for the first time and did three different experiments - shining a penny, playing brain games and making our own flubber.  We were there for just over 4 hours and we could have done more but we decided to come home and rest for a while before VBS tonight.
 
 

The boys headed upstairs to play video games and play with their new Five Nights at Freddie's plushies while I got a few things done and got our dinner together.  Adrian came home a little early and we all had dinner together before heading to our church for Amped VBS.  The boys had a great time in their classes while Adrian and I had fun volunteering and running the games for the preschool kids.  We have a short volunteer slot so we had some time when we were done and the boys were still there so we split up and ran a few errands.  When we all got home, the boys had a quick snack and show before heading up to bed.  Then Adrian and I came down, finished cleaning up and watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before heading to bed too.  It was a great Monday!!

Tuesday (6/12) We had a rough night of sleep with both Daniel and Zak waking up but we still got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian headed to work while I got the boys ready and headed to Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  When class was over, we ran quickly to Dollar Tree and Aldi and then came home for a relaxing day at home.  I'm trying to have at least one day down each week over the summer so we aren't worn out every week.  The boys played while I got some stuff done around the house.  Then we had a quick dinner of tacos and all headed back to church for the second night of VBS.  Once again, the boys had a blast!  Adrian and I had a rough time trying to play games inside since it rained all night, but we made due.  We also finished early enough for a quick trip to Meijer to finish my grocery shopping for the week.  When we all got home, the boys had a snack & headed to bed.  We finished cleaning up, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  Hoping for better weather tomorrow!

Wednesday (6/13) Today was up in the air based on the weather and we decided to have a (mostly) stay at home day.  Zak had a dentist appointment to have two cavities filled so I took him there first thing in the morning.  AJ and Daniel asked me if they could stay home and after some convincing, I let them stay home.  All three boys did great and I am very proud of them - and of me!
After we got home, the boys played and I got a bunch of stuff done around the house.  I also changed my pick for the week from a park outing to a game with each boy.  Today Zak and I played our DC deck building game and he narrowly beat me by 2 points.  We had a fun and relaxing day at home and it was just what we all needed.  Then we had a quick dinner and headed to church for the third night of Amped VBS.  We again all had a blast, and all got to wear fun hats since it was hat night.  When we all got home after VBS, the boys watched a quick show and headed to bed and then Adrian and I watched a few episodes of "Superstore" and also headed to bed.  Perfect midweek day!
Thursday (6/14) Everyone was dragging today and no one wanted to get up and go where we needed to go.  Adrian managed to drag himself out the door on time and I barely got the rest of us out the door and to the Harcum Center for my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had two great classes but unfortunately my kids were super loud and disruptive in the lobby.  I'm hoping it was a one time thing or we may need to make some changes to my schedule for the rest of this summer.  After the classes, we headed to a new to us park and splash pad in Westerville.  We went to Hanby Park for the afternoon.  Zak loved playing in the splash pads, he had a blast.  AJ and Daniel got a little bored after a while, there wasn't a lot for them to do there.  But they did a good job of playing for as long as Zak wanted to stay.  It was a fun afternoon!
After we were done at the park, we headed home to relax a little.  The boys checked out their new Beanboozled game and mostly enjoyed eating the mystery beans and the recorded themselves eating them.  You can check out their video on YouTube here, and be sure to subscribe to their channels.  I got a few things done around the house and then got our dinner together before we headed up to the church for the last night of VBS.  When we got there, I had to walk someone in during the opening part and AJ saw me and asked me to stay and worship with him.  My answer was obviously yes!  After worship, I headed back to run the preschool games with Adrian.  We enjoyed playing with the parachute with the kids, they had a good time too. 
After we finished up with games, Adrian and I headed home for a bit since the boys still have time left in VBS.  We got a few things done around the house and then Adrian headed back to pick up the boys.  We were thrilled and proud to find out that both AJ and Daniel scored the highest in their classes for points this week by memorizing all 5 Bible verses this week.  They earned really cool prizes - an Emoji hacky sack and a pack of ice pops.  When we finally got them down, they had a snack while watching a show and then we got them to bed.  We came back down and made our snack and watched a few shows and headed to bed too.  It was a great week at VBS but boy are we all exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment