Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (May Recap & June Goals)

So just like last month, I'm late to get this update up.  May was a crazy whirlwind of a month with tons of soccer, work, fun, end of school and a camping trip.  Plus we celebrated Mother's Day, Adrian's birthday, our anniversary and got ready for AJ's early June birthday.  We were so busy the whole month I was barely keeping my head above water.  Now that it's June and we have some time to breathe, I am slowing catching up on things around the house and I'm getting back to focusing on my goals.  I considered grouping two months together since it's summer, but decided to stick with the month goals and posts.  Now, on to how I did last month and what I'm doing this month.  Same as I did in April, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals this month and then talk about my plans for June to stay on track. 

1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 5 pounds this year, Grade for May: F!!)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - 3 weeks done and then I skipped the week after we went camping because we mostly ate leftovers that week.
  • Count calories for 15 days - I counted calories for 6 days this month.  It was pretty ugly.
  • Go to at least two classes this month that I am not teaching - I didn't get to any classes I wasn't teaching.  Again, we were super busy and I just honestly didn't have a lot of free time.
  • Maintain current weight - Not even close.  I gained 10 pounds this month.  Like I said, it was ugly.  Almost all of that can be attributed to horrible eating, although limited exercise didn't help either.
2. Read 20 books again (Read 8 books this year, Grade for May: A+)
  • Finish 2 books - Done!  I finished both "The One & Only" and"Americanah" this month.  I was up and down on "Americanah."  I liked some of it and though some dragged.  I wish it was shorter, I probably would have enjoyed it more.
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 5%) - Done! I actually finished the book this month since I had time.
3. Watch 25 movies (Watched 16 movies this year, Grade for May: A+)
  • Watch 2 movies - We actually watched three movies this month - "Thor: Ragnorok," "Spiderman: Homecoming" and "Black Panther" to get ready for the new Avengers movie.  All three were great!!
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (5 dates this year, Grade for May: A+)
  • Go on a lunch date for our anniversary while the boys are at school - We went to Super Chefs for breakfast while the boys were at school one morning before we went in to volunteer in AJ's school.  The food was amazing and we had a nice relaxing morning together!
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for May: C)
  • Sub at least twice each week - I managed to get 7 days which is slightly less than twice each week but I'm still happy about all of that time.
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - He had about 5 hours this month.  We were derailed by days off and sick days so just about each week he had a day off which means no overtime that week.
  • Spend as little as possible - We spent a little more celebrating Adrian's birthday and Mother's Day than we were planning, but we had fun so we're OK with it.
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics (Grade for May: A)
  • Talk to Brooke about hosting Aqua Zumba the YMCA - Done!  We can't host it there but I'm hoping someone else is successful.  I will do the online course first so I can start thinking about subbing soon.
7. Clean out the house (Grade for May: A+)
  • Finish turning the loft into the game room - Done!  We worked really hard for a few weekends this month and finished the room up.  It looks amazing and the boys are thrilled!
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for May: A)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - 3 posts for this month
  • Week in review posts every Friday - 4 post for this month
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - done!
9. Play more board game (Grade for May: F)
  • Have one family board game night - Again we failed on this one.  But in our defense we were super busy and have very little time for anything else.  We will be better this summer for sure!
10. Improve my classes (Grade for May: F)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - I was signed up for one but Adrian had a stomach bug that weekend so I had to take the boys to their soccer games instead.  I'm bummed that I missed it but it was the right decision.  I'm still at 5 so far this year and am hoping to get to 12.
June will be somewhat more calm than May was however we have no set schedule since the boys are out of school.  That usually means more chaos around here.  I'm taking a break from my training for my classes but will be adding an additional family goal to have an amazing summer!  Here are my goals for this month:

1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for 6 of 7 days each week
  • Go to one class each week that I am not teaching
  • Lose the 10 pounds I gained last month - this is a lofty goal for this month but I am going to put it out there anyway.
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books - "A Wrinkle in Time" and one more
  • Start on the next book from my list - "The Beauty Myth"
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 4 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Book our babysitter for a night so we can go out
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • I'm taking the summer off from this goal, it will be back on in September
7. Clean out the house
  • Clean out the laundry room and boys' art supplies
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Switch out the weights portion of my Silver Sneakers class
11.  Have an amazing summer!
  • Do one activity each week that each person picks (5 activities per week)
  • Get the boys to all of their camps - Sports & Arts camp, VBS, Math Plus camp (2 weeks)
  • Go on one family camping trip

No comments:

Post a Comment