Monday, June 18, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 17 - June 23)

Last week was busy with VBS each night but we did really well sticking to our meal plan.  I accidentally bought the wrong type of salmon for the one recipe so that got bumped to this week and we just had more leftovers that night instead.  Adrian and I also didn't feel like cooking on Saturday night since our weekend was super busy so we just ate the Jets pizza with the kids and then bumped that meal to this week.  At least we didn't spend any additional money last week and we're in pretty good shape grocery wise going into this week.

This week is another full week with the boys at Math camp all week in the afternoon and lots of fun activities around that.  We were planning to go camping this weekend but it's supposed to rain and honestly Adrian and I are exhausted and don't feel like going thru everything to get ready and do that.  Plus it's his busiest week of work this week so he will have a lot of late nights.  So we decided to cancel the camping trip and do a few local things instead.  It should still be a great weekend!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Picking up something after Origins all day
Monday - Taco Stuffed Sweat Potatoes
Tuesday - Leftovers/sandwiches - we're meeting my brother and his family for a picnic dinner and Adrian will be working late.
Wednesday - Chicken & Chick Pea Stew
Thursday - Salmon Tortellini
Friday - Cheddar Parmesan Pork Chops & Green Beans
Saturday - Loaded Potato Soup

Water Flavor - Strawberry.  I'm so impressed with how long my fresh picked strawberries lasted in my Tupperware!  They were almost three weeks old and I just used up the rest in this water & then froze a few.  I only had to throw out about a handful which is not too bad since they are so old.

Overnight Oats - I got these set up today.  I had some leftover from last week and very little time so I just made two double batches this week.  I did one with the flavored international delight creamer yogurt that I have and one banana chocolate chip to use up a few bananas that needed to be used.

Lunches - Most of my lunches are on the go this week so I'm planning a lot of salads.  I also have one more serving of sausage leftovers that I need to use up so I plan to eat that over zoodles if I am home any day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment