Saturday, May 12, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (April Recap & May Goals)

I'm a little late writing this recap since May is off to a super busy start!  I thankfully kept up with updating this with some notes about the month so I will still be able to update you on where I'm at with my goals.  I was super focus in April and feel like I really kicked butt!  It was nice to be mostly on our normal schedule for the whole month, even if that is incredibly hectic.  The next few months will be super busy and with summer break it is very hard to stay on a schedule.  But on to how I did last month and what I'm doing this month.  Same as I did in March, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals this month and then talk about my plans for May to stay on track. 
1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 15 pounds this year, Grade for April: A+)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - 5 weeks done!
  • Count calories for 28 days starting 4/3 - I counted 19 days this month.  Not as great as I wanted to do but I still did pretty well.
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching - I went to body pump 3 times, 2 Zumba jams, and I taught a barre class.  Pretty good job getting to different classes this month!
  • Lose 6 pounds - I lost 7 pounds this month!  The 4 from March, and then 3 additional pounds!  I'm super excited about the movement on the scale this month!
2. Read 20 books again (Read 6 books this year, Grade for April: A+)
  • Finish 2 books - "Fudge-a-Mania" & "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" - done!  I also started "The One & Only" and am about half way thru it.
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 5%) - done!
3. Watch 25 movies (Watched 13 movies this year, Grade for April: A+)
  • Watch 4 movies - Done!  We watched "Cars 3," "Captain America: Civil War," "Justice League" and "Doctor Strange."  All were great movies, we're on a role!!
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (4 dates this year, Grade for April: A+)
  • Go see "The King and I"- So we didn't go see this play, but we did a date night that night anyway.  We were exhausted this week and did not feel like sitting in a dark theater for that long.  So we went to Easton and got tacos at Condado for dinner and walked around a little.  Then we tried the new Ice Cream Rollery place that's down the street from us.  It was a fantastic date night!!
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for April: A)
  • Sub at least twice each week - I got 8.25 days this month, a little over twice each week.
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - He worked about 12 hours of overtime this month.  He was sick one day so he lost a week that he was eligible for OT.
  • Spend as little as possible - We did really good with this one!  We spent a little more on our date than we were planning, but not much.  I'm super happy with our restraint.
  • File our taxes and use some of our refund towards a credit card - I finally got our taxes filed and we used some of our refund to paid off water heater!
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers (Grade for April: A+)
  • Do the new foundations training for free this month - Done!
  • Complete the new fraud, waste, alert training - Done!
7. Clean out the house (Grade for April: A+)
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our loft - We did it for all 4 weeks this month.  The room is just about ready.  We probably need one more weekend, and a little shopping, and we'll be done!
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for April: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - 5 posts this month
  • Week in review posts every Friday - 4 posts this month
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - done!
9. Play more board game (Grade for April: D)
  • Have one family board game night - Once again we didn't do this during the month.  We did have a few times where some of us played games, but I really want us to have a night that we all play together.
10. Improve my classes (Grade for April: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - I went to two jams this month!!  I'm on track for at least 13 this year, so fun!
  • Finish my foundations training for Silver Sneakers - done!
May is going to be super busy as we wrap up school, soccer for this season, Scouts for this  year and swimming for this session.  Plus we have Adrian's birthday, Mother's Day and our anniversary.  Most of these goals will be scaled back or put on hold this month & that is OK.

1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for 15 days
  • Go to at least two classes this month that I am not teaching
  • Maintain current weight
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books - "The One & Only" and one more
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 5%)
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 2 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Go on a lunch date for our anniversary while the boys are at school
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Sub at least twice each week
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification new requirements for Silver Sneakers training for water aerobics
  • Talk to Brooke about hosting Aqua Zumba the YMCA
7. Clean out the house
  • Finish turning the loft into the game room
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Change up the weights section of my Silver Sneakers classes

No comments:

Post a Comment