Monday, May 7, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 6 - May 12)

This month continues to fly by in a blur of fun and chaos.  We are so busy trying to wrap up the soccer season and school year by the end of this month!  We had a lot of meals on the go last week and will have more this week.  We did a pretty good job of sticking to our meal plan from last week, only missing our meal of Friday.  We forgot to take the fish out and it didn't defrost in time for dinner. Plus we were all exhausted from a busy week so we just boiled up some pasta and I sauteed some zucchini for a healthy dinner.  We bumped the fish to this week instead.  Everything we made last week was delicious, it was a great week of eating!

It's another busy week this week with something going on just about every night and Adrian's birthday to celebrate.  We go right into Mother's Day this weekend and then another busy week next week.  I've already shopped for this week so we're ready to go, I just need to find time to actually make all of the meals I have planned.  We may end up with a leftovers day in here somewhere and then bump something to next week.  It's really just about survival this month!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Family dinner with my brother & his family.  We're grilling brats, hot dogs and corn and  using the instant pot to make ribs.  I'm making potato salad and cucumber salad for sides and caramel macchiatto cheesecake and peanut butter cheesecake for desserts.
Monday - Colorful Broccoli Salad - on the sidelines of two soccer games
Tuesday - Panko Tilapia with Zucchini Chips
Wednesday - Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken
Thursday - Pasta with Vodka Sauce, Sausage & Peppers - Adrian's pick for his birthday
Friday - Honey Lime Shrimp over Rice with Corn on the Cob
Saturday - Probably out for dinner or take out to celebrate Adrian's Birthday & Mother's Day

Water Flavor - Orange Mint again.  We got a few oranges this week as soccer snacks & I still have a little bit of mint to use up.

Overnight Oats - I haven't even thought about this.  I have enough for Monday so we'll be using up what we have.  Then I will probably use my normal recipe to make a few batches for the rest of the week.  We are going out to breakfast on Friday and we may have special treats the rest of the weekend as well so I probably don't need as much as I usually make.  I'll probably do a chocolate one and a peanut butter one, both with chocolate chips.

Use it Up - We still have a few veggies from the food pantry to use up, zucchini and corn.  Those will be on the menu for the next week or two.  Other than that, I'm using what I bought last week.  I'm more in the stock piling mode right now and then I will use things up this summer when it's hard to get to the store.

Lunches - Lunches are easy this week - salads, sandwiches and leftovers.  Again, lots of these will be on the go so the words for the week are quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment