Monday, February 5, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/26 - 2/1)

Friday (1/26) Oh my word, this past week was long!  It is the first week we've had everything in about a month and we were exhausted this morning.  We just barely got out on time.  AJ headed to school on the bus and then Adrian followed soon after for his quarterly awards ceremony.  AJ got A/B honor roll again and we are very proud of him!  While they were there, I got the other boys ready and then we headed into school for the day.  I was subbing for the whole day, my first time doing that.  It went pretty well but it was exhausting and by the end of the day I was done.  I held it together to get my students on their buses and get home, then I collapsed on the couch.  We had a sitter for the night and were supposed to go to the movies but decided that was not our best option.  So we went out for dinner and drinks instead and then ran a few errands.  We came home and were going to watch some TV, but were so tired we barely made one show and then headed to bed.  It was seriously a long week!!
Saturday (1/27) Today started earlier than we wanted when AJ woke up the other boys a little after 6am.  Then it didn't go as planned when Adrian went downstairs and found water in our basement.  He looked at the hot water heater for a little while but after putting band aids on it for well over 2 years, we decided to pull the trigger and buy a new one.  He started looking into that while I headed out to the Y to teach my Zumba class.  While I was there, he took all three boys to the church to coach a basketball game.  Everyone had fun and Adrian's team won!

When we got back, Adrian went back to dealing with the water heater and I got AJ and myself ready for our tour of the Statehouse.  All five of us were supposed to go, but since Adrian needed to stay home and my brother was coming down with my niece, we decided to leave the other two boys home to play with her.  AJ and I had a great time on our tour of the Statehouse, learning a lot of history about the building, Ohio and how our government works.  AJ's favorite part was sitting in one of the Senator's seats in the Committee meeting room.  My favorite part was having one on one time with AJ, it is rare that he and I are alone.
 
When AJ and I got home, Adrian was at Lowe's buying the hot water heater.  He and Carl realized they couldn't switch it out themselves, so we called a plumber who came over tonight to switch them out for us.  We were without water for a while and without hot water even longer, but by the time we were heading to bed it was all worked out.  The rest of the night was spent trying to get stuff done, watching TV and relaxing.
Sunday (1/28) Once again, AJ was up very early this morning.  Thankfully he didn't wake anyone else and just went downstairs to watch TV.  We all got up and moving and headed to first service at church.  I'm pretty proud we have made it to first service the past few weeks, it works much better for our schedule.  We all learned a lot at church today and when service was over, Adrian took the boys home and I volunteered in childcare for second service.  We all had a quick lunch and then headed to the Y for the boys' swimming lessons.  While they were swimming, Adrian and I took turns working out.  After swimming, we came home to get a few things done around the house before Adrian took the boys to martial arts at night.  They are loving that class and were so excited to show me everything they learned today!  We had meatball subs for dinner and then the boys played video games while Adrian and I finished some stuff around the house.  We got the boys down to bed as early as possible because we all have a very early morning tomorrow.  After we got them down, we watched a little TV and headed to bed ourselves.

Monday (1/29) Started early for all of us because AJ, Adrian and I were going on a field trip today.  We went to Junior Achievement of Central Ohio for their Biztown program.  AJ has been super excited for this trip and even more excited that both of us can come to volunteer.  But to get downtown in time, we had to drop the other boys off to school early.  Thanks to one of our favorite teachers for letting them hang in her class room with her kids before school started!!

Adrian and I got downtown on time and received our assignments for the day.  He would be helping in City Hall & I would be in Cardinal Pharmacy.  AJ would be working as CFO of Discover for the day.  We got a short orientation and a little time to look around and then the kids arrived.  The concept of Biztown is that the kids are adults for the day.  They have jobs, get paychecks and learn about how money goes thru the economy.  It was a great day with the kids, even if it went super fast!  AJ loved being the CFO, mostly because he got to do math on the computer the whole time.  He now wants to try to become a CFO when he grows up and we couldn't be more excited to support him on that journey!!  It was a great day with the 5th graders, all three of us enjoyed ourselves!
 
We were able to take AJ home with us after Biztown was over so we drove home and had about an hour to relax before we had to pick up the other boys.  Then I headed out to teach my Zumba class.  I came home, we had a quick dinner and then split up for our night activities.  I took Daniel and Zak to Zak's Scout meeting where we talked about what to bring on a camping trip and which animals we might see during the day and at night.  Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting where he started working on his Boy Scout rank.  Then Adrian headed to the basketball open gym at our church while I got the boys to bed.  We were all exhausted after a busy day and slept well!

Tuesday (1/30) We were back to our regular schedule today but it was a special day for Zak - it was his 100th day of kindergarten!  He was able to wear his pajamas to school today and he couldn't have been more excited.  After I dropped everyone off at school, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes and then came home to do a bunch of things around the house.  I made both lunch and dinner before it was time to pick everyone up for the day. 
After school the boys played a little and then I helped them all get thru homework.  Then we headed to the church where I was working and Adrian was coaching.  We met Adrian there and the kids played video games while the adults did what they needed to do.  When Adrian was done coaching, he took the boys home and got dinner for everyone.  I had a great time at the church.  It was super busy and I enjoyed seeing everyone!  When I got home, I helped with bedtime, then we cleaned up, watched a few comedies and headed to bed.  It was another long and exhausting day.

Wednesday (1/31) We got everyone up and out on time today and after I dropped everyone at school, I came home to work on a bunch of stuff I needed to do around the house.  I also set up dinner in my new slow cooker (the instant pot) and set the timer for it to turn on.  Then I headed into Zak's class to volunteer.  I worked on vowel sounds with all of the kids in his class until it was time for them to go to lunch.  Then I headed to a meeting about a possible Zumba opportunity with another friend.  I grabbed a quick lunch and then it was time to pick everyone up and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  In the middle of the craziness, I got a call from Adrian saying he was working late & I needed someone to cover my shift at the church that night.  Thankfully my friend was able to step in last minute and help out.  So after the Y, the boys and I came home and did our normal night routine.  I got them all to bed and finished up a few things around the house.  I was just getting ready to head to bed and Adrian said he was on his way so I waited up for him.  We headed to bed late but thankfully since I was so exhausted I fell right asleep.

Thursday (2/1) It was an early morning after a late night but we made it up on time and out to school and work.  After dropping everyone off at school, I ran to return books at the library and then to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We have so much fun every class, I just love my seniors!!  After class, I did a quick change and then headed to West to sub for the afternoon.  I also love these half day assignments!  When the day was over, we headed home to meet up with AJ.  We were supposed to have a parent teacher conference with his teacher, but she got sick and had to reschedule.  So we spent the rest of the night having dinner, playing Beyblades and watching TV.  It was very relaxing and exactly what we all needed after the hectic start to our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment