Sunday, February 11, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 11 - Feb 17)

Last week didn't go at all as I had planned between snow days, sickness, schedule changes, Adrian working overtime and me just being overwhelmed and stressed, however I still mostly stuck to my meal plan.  This week is all about getting back to healthy eating and using up some fruits and veggies that we have in the fridge.  While I did stick to our main dinner plans, my snacking was not very healthy so we have a ton of fruit and veggies left over.

This week things start to slow down for us for a few weeks.  We are done with the birthday marathon of February and we don't have a lot on our plate until soccer starts up at the end of March.  I will be making the best of this downtime with lots of healthy cooking.  I am considering starting to get some freezer meals together again, although I have a lot of meat in the deep freeze that I would need to use up before we could stock it up.  I'm still weighing my options.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers - we are all exhausted after the past few days of birthday parties!
Monday - Chicken & Asparagus Stir Fry over Rice (carry over from last week)
Tuesday - Lasagna Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with a side salad
Wednesday - Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks with Acorn Squash Risotto in the instant pot
Thursday - Fish Tacos
Friday - Spaghetti Squash in the instant pot with leftover sauce, meatballs & sausage
Saturday - Sausage & Spinach Soup

Water Flavor - Orange Mint.  Back to using up my oranges.  I think they are multiplying in there!

Overnight Oats - I honestly haven't even thought about this until now and I need to get them set up tonight for the week.  So I'll come up with flavors right now.  I will use my normal recipe as a base and will do two batches of chocolate with white chips, two with mangos & blackberries in the blender because I need to use them up and one with apple pie flavoring (applesauce & cinnamon).

Use it Up - This is all about fruits and veggies this week!  I'm not buying any new fruits and veggies this week except for bananas because we are out and we go thru a lot every week.  My goal is to empty the drawers and shelf in the two fridges this week and then restock next week.  I will also be using up two of the three squash that are on my counter, will use up the butternut squash next week.

Lunches - I'll be making this Quinoa Arugula Salad tomorrow to use up a thing of arugula that I have in the fridge.  This will also help me use up some of my grapefruits that I bought to eat for breakfast and have not got in the habit of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment