Sunday, February 25, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 25 - Mar 3)

Last week was another great week of eating for us!  Everything on our meal plan was delicious, healthy and filling.  We did have one meal carry over to this week because our plans for Friday night changed after I planned our meals.  Adrian and Zak went to a lock in for his Cub Scout pack and they had pizza there for dinner.  AJ had plans with a friend so Daniel and I decided to go out to Red Robin for dinner together while everyone else was out.  It was nice to have a night off from cooking and SO nice to have some one on one time with Daniel.
This weekend has been jam packed so I honestly haven't had a lot of time to think about food and plan things out for next week.  But I don't want to not have a plan because then the week will be a mess!  So I'm throwing together a quick plan and a grocery list for us for the week.  Next weekend is much lighter so I will spend some more time on planning around what I already have in the house.  I may even try to not shop at all next week, we'll see how it looks when it all shakes out.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Parmesan Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts
Monday - Meatball Subs for the kids, Meatballs over Zoodles for the adults
Tuesday - Creamy White Chili
Wednesday - Salmon and Green Beans
Thursday - Instant Pot Mac & Cheese for all with Salads on the side for the adults
Friday - Italian Veggie Ricotta Frittata for the adults & green eggs & ham for the kids for Dr Suess' birthday
Saturday - Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles

Water Flavor - Orange again.  I'm seeing the end of these finally!  I have four more oranges to use so hopefully next week will be my last week.

Overnight Oats - I'm being lazy with these as well since it's Sunday night and I haven't set them up yet.  I'll be following my normal recipe to make two batches of plain oats that I will add either strawberries or blueberries to each morning.  I'm also using black cherry yogurt to make two other batches for the week.

Use it Up - As I said, I didn't really do much planning this week so I didn't really see what I have to use up.  We did great using up veggies last week and I will continue to do that this week.  Next week I'm planning on this paragraph being huge because I'm hoping to do a full week with stuff we already have.  Stay tuned!!

Lunches - I'm making this Thai Chicken Salad tomorrow to have for lunches this week.  I'm subbing Weds, Thurs & Fri so quick, easy and filling lunches are key for those three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment