Saturday, February 10, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/8 - 12/14 - Part 2)

Monday (12/11) Today was harsh reality hitting us in the face after our awesome week long vacation.  The alarm was so early when it went off but we managed to get everyone up and out to school and work on time.  After I got everyone dropped off to school, I headed to the grocery stores to restock our fridges for the week.  I took a break from running errands to go volunteer in Zak's class and the kids were so excited to see me again after a two week break!

After volunteering in the class, I came home to try to get some things done around the house and get ready for our busy night.  I got AJ off of his bus and then we got ready and headed to pick up Daniel and Zak and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  It was rough to jump back into teaching but I survived.  After class, we rushed home to grab a quick dinner (of leftover Jets pizza) and get ready to head out to Scouts.  AJ and his pack were visiting a Boy Scout troop to see if that is where they want to join after crossover.  And Zak had his normal Lion meeting.  I took Zak and Daniel while Adrian took AJ.  Everyone had a great time but were all happy to get back home.  We quickly got the boys to bed, finished cleaning up, watched a show and headed to be ourselves.  Routine is exhausting!

Tuesday (12/12) Today may have been worse trying to get up and get moving but we again made it.  AJ got on the bus on time, Adrian left for work and I got the other two boys dropped off to school on time.  After I dropped them off, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes and then did a quick change of clothes and headed into the school for my first half day of subbing.  I was subbing for one of AJ's old teachers so I had chatted with her on Facebook and knew it would be a great day.  And it was!  Her students were great, the afternoon passed quickly and I got everyone on the bus safely and on time.  Daniel and Zak met me in the classroom and loved the fact that I was working in their school.  AJ came home by himself and did a great job waiting for us to get home.
After we were all done at school, we came home and got to work on our homework/make up work.  We had a quick dinner of pasta and then got ready for another busy night.  I headed to the church to work as a facility rep and Adrian took the boys to AJ's Cub Scout meeting.  He has only a few more requirements before he is ready to cross over to Boy Scouts so it was important that he went to this meeting.  Thankfully our friend offered to drive AJ home so Adrian just dropped him off and took the other two exhausted boys home.  When we all finally got home, we got the boys in bed and sat down to watch a show.  Our DVR is close to full so we are trying to make some progress on it quickly before our shows start deleting.  But we were so tired we only watched one comedy!

Wednesday (12/13) After rough morning to get up and out, but we did it.  Adrian and I got everyone to school and he headed to work.  I went and ran some errands and did a few things around the house and then I headed in to sub again in the afternoon.  I was the art teacher and I had so much fun with the kids reading a book and do a project about it.  When school was over, I grabbed Daniel and Zak and we ran home to get AJ and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  It was a fun class, slightly easier than Monday's class.  We are doing student requests this month so the songs are really fun!  When class was over, I came home with the boys and finished up make up work while Adrian headed to his Bible study.  I got the boys down to bed, they are real easy to get to bed this week because they are so tired!  When Adrian got home, we watched a few comedies and headed to bed.  I can't wait for the weekend!!

Thursday (12/14) Wow, this week is LONG!!  We struggled to get up again today but we did it and got out the door to work and school on time.  I dropped the boys off at school and then headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I did a quick change after class and headed into the school to sub for the third afternoon in a row.  I'm really enjoying subbing and I love doing the half days, lots of variety.  When I was done subbing I headed home with Daniel and Zak to meet up with AJ.  AJ has been doing great coming home alone from school and doing what he needs to do until we get home.  I'm proud of him for taking on more responsibilities.  When we all got home we were so tired that we finished up the few things that needed to be done and laid around watching TV for the rest of the night.  It was a very long week and we still have one more day to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment