Monday, February 12, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/2 - 2/8)

Friday (2/2) After another rough night of sleeping with Zak, Adrian and I both overslept this morning.  We somehow got AJ up and out the door on time to the bus (just barely!) and then I got the other two up and ready as well.  After I dropped everyone off, I headed out to do a massive shopping trip for the upcoming birthdays and parties.  I didn't get everything done, although I did get a lot done.  I would be much more productive if I didn't stop to chat with some many people that I know in the stores, ha!  I also had to stop early because I was subbing in the schools for a few hours in the afternoon so I made sure to get there on time too.

I had a great afternoon subbing, very good group of kids.  After school, we headed home and I tried to make sense of what I had bought so far.  Adrian got home a little earlier than we thought he would so I ran to Meijer to finish up my shopping and then headed to church to work as facility rep for a few hours.  It was a quiet night so I got to catch up on a few things and chat with a few friends.  When I got home, we had family movie night and watched AJ's pick of Transformers 2.  It wasn't very good, not nearly as good as the first one.  But the boys liked it so it worked for family movie night.  After the movie, we got them to bed, made ourselves a snack and watched a few comedies from the past week.  As soon as we got into bed, Zak showed up.  His stomach is upset so he slept with Adrian in our room to be close to the bathroom and I headed to the spare bedroom.
Saturday (2/3) Daniel joined me at some point overnight and all 5 of us slept in the morning!  We have nothing really scheduled today and we're going to enjoy our day off.  We had a slow start of coffee and TV and then the boys played video games while Adrian and I worked around the house.  AJ and Daniel went over to a friends' house in the afternoon for a few hours and had a great time.  Zak stayed home because his stomach was still bothering him.  It was a pretty boring day around here, just getting stuff done while trying to keep the boys busy too.  But it was a long overdue day as our house was in need of some TLC!!

Sunday (2/4) Happy Superbowl Sunday!!  We woke up to everything covered in snow and it looked beautiful.  We were also all feeling very lazy so we decided to blow off our whole day and work around the house.  We skipped church, swim lessons and martial arts.  We stayed home and finished everything on our gigantic to do lists slightly before the game started.  I made a fun dinner of junk food and then we settled in to watch the game.  The boys lost interest after about 5 minutes so they went upstairs to play and watch video games while we watched.  They came back down to watch halftime with us and then we put them to bed.  We really enjoyed the game, it was great football!!  And it was made a little better by the fact that the Eagles won, or more important that the Patriots lost.  We really wanted to watch "This is Us" but we were just too tired and it got really late watching the game (we had to pause it after halftime to put the boys to bed).

Monday (2/5) Ugh, the alarm came very quickly this morning and I was not ready to get up.  Thankfully I realized I had a voicemail from the school telling us that because the roads were icy we have a two hour delay.  Back to bed for Adrian and I!  When we finally got up two hours late, we rearranged schedules so that he could get the boys to school and I could go to the Y to teach my two classes (subbing barre & my normal Silver Sneakers class).  We had a great time in both classes and I got a great workout!  Adrian got everyone to school on time and then headed to work himself.

After the Y, I headed into the school to sub for the afternoon.  I had a great class and was looking forward to spending some time with them.  Unfortunately my day took another turn after I was in the school for about 90 minutes.  While I was on lunch duty and he was at lunch, Zak got sick.  He threw up all over the cafeteria table (and himself!)  It was a huge mess!  With the help of some of the other teachers, I got Zak to the nurse, my class split up for the afternoon and gathered all of my stuff.  It was a little stressful but it all worked out in the end.

When I got Zak settled at home, I set to work figuring out a sub for my afternoon Zumba class.  Thankfully my friend Nikki was able to cover for me.  I got AJ and Daniel from school and AJ also wasn't feeling well so we decided to skip Boy Scouts for the night.  So we settled in for a relaxing night together.  Adrian was working late so it was just the boys and I.  We watched TV, played Beyblades, did homework and got the house back in order from the day.  Then as I was getting them ready for bed, Adrian texted to say he was on his way home.  I figured he's make it to say goodnight to the boys.  I came down from bedtime and he still wasn't here so I checked my phone and it turns out he got a flat tire on the way home & was waiting on the side of 670 for AAA to come change his tire.  He finally got home just after 10pm.  It was a long and crazy day with lots of twists and turns but we survived with minimal damage.  Ready for a good night's sleep and to wake up to a better tomorrow!!

Tuesday (2/6) Today once again started earlier than I would have liked when Daniel came in and woke me up at 4am because he had a bad dream.  I thankfully got him back to sleep in the spare room with me but I couldn't fall back asleep.  I finally got up at our normal time and helped get AJ out to the bus.  Then I got Daniel ready for school since Zak had to miss today because of the rule that he has to wait 24 hours to come back to school.  So after we dropped Daniel off at school, Zak and I headed to my Silver Sneakers classes.  He did great hanging out in the class with us and playing on his tablet.  He provided some comic relief and the seniors enjoyed loving on him for sure!!
After I finished teaching both classes, we went to Meijer to pick up the few things that I forgot for their parties this weekend.  Zak of course wanted to ride on the horsey while we were there so I let him ride twice for his great behavior so far today.  After that we came home to have lunch and then he relaxed and played some Mario Odyssey while I got a few things done.  Then AJ and Daniel came home from school and we quickly got ready to head to AJ's parent teacher conference.  He continues to do fantastic in 5th grade and has been recommended for Pre-Algebra and Advanced ELA and Science for next year.  His teachers are all really impressed with him.  We made a quick stop at the book fair after our conferences where AJ got to pick two new books to add to our collection.

After our conferences, we headed over to Menchies to celebrate National Frozen Yogurt day with a BOGO free yogurt.  We all enjoyed our yogurt for dinner and then fought rush hour traffic to get home.  The boys played for a bit and did their homework and then we had taco Tuesday for dessert since it was so late.  Adrian was stuck at work late again so I was on my own for dinner and the bedtime routine.  We got it all done although the boys did not want to go to bed because they are convinced they will have a snow day tomorrow with the winter storm that is hitting us overnight.  
Wednesday (2/7) Well, the boys were right, we have a snow day today!  Unfortunately Zak woke up at 4am for the day.  Thankfully Adrian took this shift since I was up with Daniel yesterday.  He actually brought Zak downstairs, set him up with a video and fell back asleep for a little while on the couch.  He was also given permission to work from home today so he spent the day with us, bouncing between work and playing with the boys.  We had a very relaxing day of watching TV, playing video games and playing Beyblades.  We also went out as a family to shovel the driveway and sidewalk.  And I got a jump on the birthday prep by getting everything ready for their class parties and having Daniel and Zak fill out their Valentine's Day cards.
Then since all of of our night activities cancelled and we were all home, we decided to start celebrating Zak's birthday a little early.  We gave him his presents from us, my in-laws and my brother.  He loved everything he got including a new duffle bag, Snipperclips video game, new pajamas, new Beyblades, a new Beyblade stadium and an Amazon gift card!  We also had his requested Oreo ice cream cake tonight.  It was a nice relaxing celebration before a few busy days ahead.  After celebrating, we got the boys to bed and then finished up a few things around the house.

Thursday (2/8) Happy 6th Birthday Zak!!!  He was so excited to celebrate this year that he was up at 4am to start the day.  Yawn.  Adrian spent some time with him before work, then he got AJ and himself out the door.  I dropped off Daniel and Zak and went to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I came back to the school after class to volunteer in Zak's class for a bit and then go to lunch with him and his class.  He was having a rough day at school but I'm assuming it was because he was tired and excited.
After lunch, I went and subbed for a few hours in the afternoon and that class was rough.  We barely got thru anything that the teacher left for us to do and I was happy to put them on the bus.  When I finished up, I grabbed Daniel and Zak and we ran home to pick up AJ.  We went to Krispy Kreme to get their free donuts for their report cards.  Then I dropped the boys off at home and headed to Easton to teach a Zumba class then to my Cub Scout Committee meeting.  While I was out, Adrian celebrated Zak's birthday with him.  When I came home we had a quick piece of ice cream cake and then got the boys down for the night.  Adrian and I watched the Olympics while I got everything ready for tomorrow, including Daniel's treats for his class for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment