Saturday, December 30, 2017

Keeping Up With...Goals (2018 Goals)

As this year draws to a close, I'm excited to look towards next year.  I had a pretty great year achieving most of my family/personal goals for the year.  My fitness year didn't go as planned but I'm looking forward and not back.  I need to do my final recaps for Nov/Dec monthly goals, but I'm waiting until the year is over to finish those posts.
As I look forward to 2018 I have been trying to decide what to do for my goals.  For 2016, I did 40 goals for the year and it was overwhelming and I felt a little all over the place.  In 2017, I did monthly goals and I was definitely more focused and achieved a lot more.  In 2018, I think I'm going to do a combination of both.  I decided to set 10 goals for the year with monthly goals towards those big goals.  I will update the goals each month and see how I need to change my focus and energy going forward. 
You will notice a theme for this year - I'm focusing on getting healthy and getting out of debt.  As I already said, my fitness goals didn't go as planned last year and I actually gained a good chunk of weight, mostly because I wasn't eating well.  This will be a huge focus for the year and will lead into the other goal because we are hoping to eat out as little as possible.  As far as finances, we had a lot of expenses in 2017 and while we didn't incur any new debt, we didn't pay off any outstanding debt so that is our goal for this year.  We also pretty much depleted our savings so we need to build that up again.  I won't go into specific monetary amounts on here, but I do want to at least vaguely talk about it so it keeps me accountable.  Thanks for understanding!
So here are my 10 goals for 2018 and what I'll do in Jan to start achieving them:
1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories every day starting Jan 2
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books ("Super Fudge" & "The Bell Jar")
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (40% on 12/30)
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 3 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Text our sitter to set up Jan's date early next week
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Sub at least twice each week
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification
  • Attend one Zumba jam session 
  • Figure out how to upload all of the CEUs I already have
7. Clean out the house
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our DVD collection (because it's everywhere!)
  • Moving to our loft (which has become a dumping ground for everything) when DVDs are done
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board games (12 family game nights)
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Change warm up/body weight sections for Silver Sneakers classes
I think this is a pretty well rounded list and really helps me focus on my two main goals for the year.  I have daily and weekly tasks to help me reach these goals as well.  Come back at the end of January to see how I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment