Monday, January 1, 2018

Keeping Up With...Family Goals (Nov/Dec Goals Recap)

I've already shared my goals for 2018 but I wanted to do a quick recap of where I ended with my family and fitness goals from the past two months.  I decided to start with the family goals because I did pretty good and am happy with where we finished up the year, both me personally and as a family.  We didn't have the best year in 2017, but it wasn't the worst either.  I would classify this year as a year of extremes, we had a lot of high highs and low lows.  My wish for this new year is a more even, uneventful year.  I'll even take a little boring if we also avoid the really low lows.

Anyway, on to my goals from the past two months as well as a few thoughts on these goals over the year.  Most of these were the same every month, just tweaks on the actual number of things.  Again, it was a pretty good year and I stayed focused on most of these family goals.  The fitness goals, not so much, but that's a story for tomorrow.
Nov/Dec Goals:
1.  Make a little more progress on "Americanah," finish "BFG" and read "The Bell Jar" (2 books in 2 months).  I crushed this goal reading about 10% more of "Americanah" and finishing 3 books - "BFG," "Tuck Everlasting," and "Auggie & Me."  I also read about 30% of "The Bell Jar" before it had to go back to the library & I was loving it.  I'm on the wait list again, will make it a priority to read it when my number comes up.  I killed on my reading challenge this year, reading 20 books this year plus starting two more that I will finish early in 2018.  I've really enjoyed reading more and set a goal to read 20 books again next year.  I'll alternate between continuing on the list of books every woman should read before she's 40, my own choices & recommendations from my boys.
2.  Catch up and then continue doing my week in review blog (9 new posts for two months) - I did 16 posts between November and December on the blog with 9 of them being the week in review blogs.  I am actually still behind on these because I have not blogged our Florida trip but those are next on my to do list after updating these goals posts.  Another goal that I kicked butt on all year writing a recap for just about every week of the year!
3.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (30 pictures for Nov, 31 for Dec) - I took 61 pictures over the two months and again completed 365 pictures for the year, one for each day.  I will be continuing this again in 2018 because a lot of people like to see the pictures every day and I enjoy trying to find something fun to post about each day.
4.  Watch a movie every Friday night we are home (6 movies for two months) - We watched "The Emoji Movie," "Hercules," and "Elf."  So we didn't meet this goal, but we made huge progress over where we have been in the past and watched more movies in 2017 than I have in a long time (if ever!)  We are restarting family movie night starting this Friday and I will be keeping a list of all of the movies I see this year.  This was a great switch for our family!
5.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the two months) - We played a ton of board games over the two months, especially over the past 10 days of Christmas break.  We've learned new games, played some old favorites, played as a family, played one on one, played just adults and played just kids.  It's a great hobby we're all developing and will continue to focus on this upcoming year.

6.  Have a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend - We did for sure!  Our weekend was the perfect blend of fun, lazy and productive.  We were stuffed full of food and ready to leave for Florida.  The only downside was that on Sun we started getting a stomach bug that went thru our house for the next 3 days.  But thankfully we were in great shape by the time that happened and still left for FL on time on Friday.
7.  Have an amazing time in Florida - Done!  We had an amazing time in Florida with family and at Disney.  I can't wait to relive it when I type up the recap.
8.  Have a fun and relaxing Christmas and Christmas break - Mostly done.  We still have 4 more days left on the boys' break but Adrian and I are back to our normal schedule tomorrow so I'm calling us done.  We have been lazy for the past week or so and have enjoyed every minute of it.  But I'm ready to get back to a schedule and knowing what day of the week it is!
9. Go to the zoo for Wild Lights - We were not able to do this one, it's the only goal we missed.  Our plan was to go the week between Christmas and New Years with my brother but we didn't know we would have a polar vortex this week.  It has just honestly been too cold for us to be outside at night.
10. Take AJ to see "Wonder" in the movie theater - Done!  I went with AJ and Daniel and it was amazing.  So glad I was able to share it with them.  I also saw "Bad Moms Christmas" with two girl friends and laughed until it hurt.  And finally I saw "Coco" with AJ and Daniel and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.  That is amazing to me that I saw 3 movies in the theater in the past 2 months!
11. Finish my subbing application and paper work and start subbing in the schools - Done!!  I finished up the application at the end of November and subbed a few half days between Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.  I'll get back to checking the system tomorrow and my goal is to sub two days each week for the rest of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment