Friday, January 12, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/5 - 1/11)

Friday (1/5) Our day started super early when Zak woke up around 5am.  Adrian played with him until he had to leave for work and then I finally got up with him.  We had a lazy morning of TV, video games and a few chores for me.  After a delicious lunch of a salad for me and homemade instant pot mac and cheese for the boys, we decided to brave the cold and head to the video game store to try to sell some old video games that we don't want anymore.  We had just enough for the boys to get a brand new game for their Switch, Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle, that they have been wanting since Christmas.  They came home and played it for most of the rest of the afternoon.
Adrian ended up working very late tonight but thankfully made it home for a late dinner and family movie night.  We finally watched Daniel's pick from a few weeks ago - the original Transformers movie.  It started a little slow and then became a really great movie.  We all enjoyed it!  Well, four of us enjoyed it and Zak passed out since he was up at the crack of dawn.  After the movie, we got the boys to bed and then Adrian and I watched a few DVR shows and called it a night too.  Pretty great last day of winter break for us.
Saturday (1/6) Started early again today when Zak climbed into bed with me around 5am.  Thankfully Adrian was ready to get up, but I never really fell back asleep.  I got up and got ready to head to the Y for the Les Mills launch party they were having.  I had a great time working out with a great group of instructors but I'm sore all over!  I came home just in time for Adrian to leave for basketball practice.  He is volunteering again for our church's league and since none of our boys are playing, he's helping another dad coach K-2 grade girls.  He's excited for the change and the challenge!

After practice, we tried to work around the house while also playing with the boys.  Around dinner time, Adrian ran out to Pizza Hut with Daniel since he earned a free pizza for the book it program last month.  All of the boys enjoyed pizza while Adrian and I had shrimp tacos.  We watched most of the Chiefs vs Titans playoff game and were upset that the Chiefs lost.  And after we put the boys to bed we watched the end of the Rams vs Falcons game.  I'm glad both games were interesting for the most part.  And since none of my favorite teams are in the playoffs, I'm just hoping for good football.
Sunday (1/7) Today did not go at all as planned.  We had a bunch of things change as the day went on and got a few cases of the "idontwannas" but we still had a pretty great day.  We really focused and got just about everything on our to do list done.  We took down all of our indoor Christmas decorations, cleaned and purged the play room and I cooked up a storm.  We did a lot of prep to be ready for the busy week ahead - back to our schedule, yay!  We finished up the night by watching the beginning of the Golden Globe awards.
Monday (1/8) We got the call early this morning that school was closed for the day.  Overnight we got a few inches of snow and a bunch of ice and freezing rain.  The roads we horrible this morning so while I really want the kids to get back to school, I know the right call was made.  Adrian decided to work from home rather than fight the traffic to get in to his office.  The boys spent the whole day playing video games and playing with Beyblades and loving the fact that they got another day off!  I had to go out to teach my new Silver Sneakers class at the Y but thankfully it was late enough that the roads were OK.  While I was already out, I ran to Meijer to get a few things we really needed.  Then I came home for a bit then headed back to the Y to teach my Zumba class.  I came home to a pasta dinner cooked by Adrian and then helped him and AJ get out the door to a Boy Scout troop visit.  AJ crosses over in a few weeks so we need to figure out where he'll continue on his Scout journey.  We finished the night watching the College Football Championship game.  I made it until the 4th quarter then headed to bed since I wasn't that interested in the game and it wasn't very close.  I heard it turned out to be a pretty great game, but I never would have made the end.

Tuesday (1/9) We were finally back to school and our regular schedule today!  We were a little rusty, but we got everyone up and out to school and work on time this morning.  When I got everyone dropped off, I headed to teach my Silver Sneakers classes and run some of the long list of errands that I have since I've had the boys home for over two full weeks.  I did as much as I could before heading home to get everyone from school and get ready for our evening.  Adrian got stuck at work and then had to go coach basketball so he went straight to the church.  The boys and I had taco Tuesday and then AJ and I got ready to head to his last Cub Scout meeting as an arrow of light.  He finished all of his requirements and will be crossing over to Boy Scouts in a few weeks.  When we got home, we got the boys to bed, watched a little TV and headed to bed ourselves.  It was a tiring day getting back to our schedule!

Wednesday (1/10) Another day of normal schedule!  And it was my first day of subbing in the morning at the boys' school.  Adrian and I got AJ out to school and then he headed to work and I got everyone else ready for school.  It was pretty smooth getting to school about 20 minutes earlier than we usually do, of course we were helped by the fact that it's pizza day so I didn't have to pack any lunches.  The boys hung out with me while I got my sub plans and then they headed to class when my students arrived for the day.  I had a great morning in this class and was happy that the teacher asked me back again for another day she's out.  When I finished up in her class, I headed to Zak's class to volunteer for about an hour before they headed to lunch.

After I finished up in school, I came home to have lunch, make dinner and get ready for my Zumba class this afternoon.  It was a beautiful day and was about 50 degrees at pick up time so I walked up to get Daniel and Zak.  We loved being outside and able to walk home again!  When we got home, we quickly packed up and headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  After an awesome class, we came home for dinner and some relaxing after a busy day.  Adrian got stuck at work again and went straight to Bible study.  I got to kids to bed and when he got home, we watched a few comedies and headed to bed ourselves.
Thursday (1/11) Another day of normal schedules and beautiful temperatures!  Everyone got to work and school on time and I headed to my Silver Sneakers classes.  I had packed up my lunch and some snacks because I still had a pretty long list of errands, including my monthly trip to Costco, so I started on those right after class.  While I was in the Easton area, I decided to prep for the upcoming snow storm and pick up our four bottles of wine from Cooper's Hawk Winery.  I like to be prepared!  I finished everything on my list and got home about 10 minutes before AJ's bus dropped him off.  He helped me finish unloading the car and then I ran up to pick up Daniel and Zak.

When I got home there was a break in the rain, so I ran outside and pulled in all of our Christmas decorations that were on our front lawn.  I threw them in the garage to dry out so we can store them this weekend.  After that I was exhausted, so I rested for a few minutes before starting on our dinner.  Adrian came home fairly early so he ran out and pulled down the lights off the house so our house is officially undecorated!  After dinner, I had to work at the church so I headed up there where I had a great time chit-chatting with friends and getting a few things done while making sure everyone was following the rules as well.  I got home just in time for the boys' bedtime and some TV and snacks with Adrian before passing out after an extremely busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment